• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sports Illustrated names Will Grier Heisman candidate

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Dark Horse"
air-quotes.gif

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's going to be something.
I think Steve Owens was the last Heisman Winner to come from a team with 4 loses.
I'm not sure it can happen today though.

Good Luck to the guy.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy gets it

Wow...Grier puts up a couple hundred yards in a exhibition game taylor made for the fans, against almost an entirely new starting defense, (including almost every DL and DB) that ranked up in the 70's last year...:clap:. Let's put him on the Heisman watch list.

I guess there is nowhere for the defense to go but up!!!

Lunchpail D will put an end to that bullshit talk first game...

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...Grier puts up a couple hundred yards in a exhibition game taylor made for the fans, against almost an entirely new starting defense, (including almost every DL and DB) that ranked up in the 70's last year...:clap:. Let's put him on the Heisman watch list.

Careful turkey, that lunchbox D won't be going against a shit ACC offense you clowns are so accustomed too.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Better than laying an egg in an exhibition game made for fans.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Careful turkey, that lunchbox D won't be going against a shit ACC offense you clowns are so accustomed too.

:thumb: Oh...you mean the same offense that hung 14 on Miami, the same team that we put up 37 against?? But I am a little nervous that Superman 5 star hasnt done shit Will Grier will torch us. And I'm not even going to get into a Big 12/ACC debate with you guy. Everyone knows that most Big 12 defenses arent very good and it makes your offenses look much better....

Better than laying an egg in an exhibition game made for fans.

Not my main point Cowboy. BUt those spring games are often fan friendly. Coaches don't like to show much but basic running plays and sling it around alot, you know this.

Furthermore (and my main point) is he put up meh numbers against what was likely the 2nd string defense on a not very good defensive team.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:thumb: Oh...you mean the same offense that hung 14 on Miami, the same team that we put up 37 against?? But I am a little nervous that Superman 5 star hasnt done shit Will Grier will torch us. And I'm not even going to get into a Big 12/ACC debate with you guy. Everyone knows that most Big 12 defenses arent very good and it makes your offenses look much better....

Not my main point Cowboy. BUt those spring games are often fan friendly. Coaches don't like to show much but basic running plays and sling it around alot, you know this.

Furthermore (and my main point) is he put up meh numbers against what was likely the 2nd string defense on a not very good defensive team.

Methinks someone is worried about a game in September

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he even cleared to play yet?

I thought he had to miss football games since he got suspended mid-year last season? I don't keep up with him, did something change?

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he even cleared to play yet?

I thought he had to miss football games since he got suspended mid-year last season? I don't keep up with him, did something change?

I think the transfer negated it. He had to sit for a year so had he not left Florida he would have been available midseason last year. He was technically available for WVU at the same time but due to transfer rules couldn't take the field until this fall

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the transfer negated it. He had to sit for a year so had he not left Florida he would have been available midseason last year. He was technically available for WVU at the same time but due to transfer rules couldn't take the field until this fall

Learn something new everyday.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We could easily say that about ACC offenses being dogshit and inflating defensive numbers. Let's not get into that turkey.