• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sporting News 2019 preseason Top 25

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NY6 Bowl Projections using this Top 25:

Peach: #1 Alabama vs. #4 Oklahoma
Fiesta: #2 Clemson vs. #3 Georgia
Rose: #5 Ohio State vs. #13 Oregon
Sugar: #6 Texas vs. #7 LSU
Orange: #8 Notre Dame vs. #20 Syracuse
Cotton: #9 Florida vs. #17 Army OR #18 UCF - depending on how they treat Army).
:nono:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are just terrible. The write ups are worse. All you hear about is QB, WR, or RB returning. Texas is #6 and has to replace the entire front 7. OU is 4 and replacing 80% of the OL and a QB. How did talk about either team without mentioning the biggest question marks

fritowrdo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ohio State is ranked too high. Too many changes going on. Will be a disappointing year for fellow THE fans.

Jtrain80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are just terrible. The write ups are worse. All you hear about is QB, WR, or RB returning. Texas is #6 and has to replace the entire front 7. OU is 4 and replacing 80% of the OL and a QB. How did talk about either team without mentioning the biggest question marks

OU will be reloading at all positions on the offense. The defense is the issue.

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
herman_web.jpg
That rat is a Twink.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ohio State is ranked too high. Too many changes going on. Will be a disappointing year for fellow THE fans.
Agreed, but need to correct some things they wrote:

5. Ohio State
Ryan Day takes over as head coach, but he's off to an aggressive start. The Buckeyes brought in new offensive coordinator Mike Yurcich and new defensive coordinator Greg Mattison from Michgan. If Georgia transfer quarterback Justin Fields is cleared to play right away, then the Buckeyes also will have a flashy quarterback, too. Defensive end Chase Young has All-American potential on the defensive line, and it will be interesting to see if five-star defensive end Zach Harrison breaks in right away. The schedule is set up for a fast start, but the Buckeyes' season will be defined in the last two weeks against Penn State and Michigan.

Kevin Wilson is still OC. Yurcich is passing game coordinator and QB coach.

Zach Harrison is an athletic freak but is very raw as a DE/OLB. He may play on special teams but doubt he cracks the 2-deep on the DL.

The schedulers hate Ohio State.

I always expect the Buckeyes to win every game but wouldn't be surprised if it ends up 10-2 this year.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NY6 Bowl Projections using this Top 25:

Peach: #1 Alabama vs. #4 Oklahoma
Fiesta: #2 Clemson vs. #3 Georgia
Rose: #5 Ohio State vs. #13 Oregon
Sugar: #6 Texas vs. #7 LSU
Orange: #8 Notre Dame vs. #20 Syracuse
Cotton: #9 Florida vs. #17 Army OR #18 UCF - depending on how the Committee treats Army).
Week 2 rematch?

PSUTE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. Will be at minimum top 25 next year, possibly top 10 at the end. OL a concern, but only that. Yeah, I get the Bama and Clemson posters, but at the same time I realize that there are 100+ teams that would like to be in our shoes...

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Preseason rankings are more about general
expectation and how teams finished than anything else. It certainly isn’t about penetrating analysis.

I knew as soon as Texas beat UGA they would be the media darling coming into 2019. It was the same with OU heading into 2014. People ignore circumstances and go with hype.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Continued ...

11. Texas A&M
Jimbo Fisher returns a talented team that includes quarterback Kellen Mond, and the Aggies have enough four- and five-star talent to be an SEC West contender. The Sept. 7 trip to Clemson won’t be easy, and the Oct. 12 matchup with Alabama will again be a measuring stick. Texas A&M will have a tough challenge with consecutive road trips at Georgia and LSU to end the season.

As an A&M fan, that's too high.

Yes, Kellen Mond will be back. However these starters on offense are gone:
  • Leading rusher - Trayveon Williams
  • Leading receiver - Jace Sternberger
  • 3 Starters on the OL
On defense it's just as bad:
  • Leading Tackler - LB Otara Alaka
  • DL -Daylon Mack
  • LB - Tyrel Dobson
  • DL -Kingsley Keke
  • Second leading tackler - S Donovan Wilson
That's right up the middle of the defense.

Then throw in the schedule that includes
Alabama - home
@ Clemson
@ Georgia
@ LSU

Coaches usually take a step back in their second year and I would not be surprised if that is the case with Jimbo and the Aggies next year.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU will be reloading at all positions on the offense. The defense is the issue.

It easy to say they will be OK at QB or skill positions. OL is always a different beast. You don’t see those kids. You have no idea how they gel or how long it takes to gel. I doubt OU will have a bad offense, but they have become very reliant on extraordinary.

Jtrain80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It easy to say they will be OK at QB or skill positions. OL is always a different beast. You don’t see those kids. You have no idea how they gel or how long it takes to gel. I doubt OU will have a bad offense, but they have become very reliant on extraordinary.

VNMRYREOOVXLHMA.20150819002520.jpg

His name is Bedenbaugh, just had to get his pretty mug out there. Probably the best OL coach in cfb.

Every line every year has gelling issues, it takes till early Oct. Last yr we replaced 1 LT with an experienced guy and still had issues. This yr will be no different. The replacements are pretty good, dont kid yourself. They have all had 2-3 yrs on campus to develop and work together as 2nd team/scout.

Our schedule isn't bad until Texas either. Houston, south Dakota, UCLA, Texas Tech, bye. That gives plenty of time to work out the kinks.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ Georgia
You guys are finally playing Georgia? That didn't take but 7 years.

At that rate I guess we can expect Georgia to visit Kyle Field in 2026?

LongTimeSooner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, I agree with this. OU is replacing 80% of their offensive line with relatively untested players. Hurts at QB is far less of a question mark.

OU's success is setup by running the ball. If we run, opponents get skull drug. If you stop OU's run/ if your midget QB can't king everyone with ungodly legs, then you will stop Riley's offense.