• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: South alabama vs Nebraska Game Thread

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have this feeling that next weekend it will be a completely different deal. Offense will come out hot creating mismatches all over the place. Mo, Martinez and Spielman all have a huge game.

The defense struggles and we win in a high scoring affair.

The reason I feel this way is because nothing Nebraska ever does week to week makes sense. Nobody can figure Nebraska out. Nobody.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah I completely agree I'm not saying I'm the greatest defensive football mind and the game but I have no fucy idea what they are doing on offense.

throwing the football inside the 5-yard line makes no sense to me calling a timeout on the 5-yard line I mean how many plays do you have for a goal-line situation

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have this feeling that next weekend it will be a completely different deal. Offense will come out hot creating mismatches all over the place. Mo, Martinez and Spielman all have a huge game.

The defense struggles and we win in a high scoring affair.

The reason I feel this way is because nothing Nebraska ever does week to week makes sense. Nobody can figure Nebraska out. Nobody.

I hope you're right. However, how many times in the last 15 years have we had that feeling? Next game, next year, next coach, etc. It was S. Alabama's first game too. If the Husker lines were where they need to be to win the West and even compete for the conference championship they'd simply need to lean on a team like S. Alabama. The most vanilla offense between the tackles should be a blowout a la Wiscy/USF.
There's something in the culture down there that is going to take possibly years to wash out.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Frost I trust though. Hopefully next year, but I'm seeing typical blowout losses to teams with lines like Ohio St, Wisconsin, Iowa. Maybe even @ Colorado.
6-6 or 7-5 at best, but it is at least bowl eligible and another few weeks of practice.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week One overreaction

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Was up at 5 am cooking, cracked a beer at 8 am. Was asleep by 7 pm.

Getting too old for this shit

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams can get hot during the season though I mean maybe it's just the wake-up call we needed

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Red_Alert and I are on the same page. I hope 6-6 is possible. Northwestern and Illinois are now wins. We know nothing of Northern Illinois since they played an overmatched Illinois State team(FCS).

South Alabama sucks. Nebraska should have blown them out. We won't learn anything because USA plays an FCS team next week.

The only part of the Nebraska team I have confidence in is the kicking game with Pickering and Jorgensen. The offense is 110% questionable, and the defense got to play against a bad USA team.

The offensive line is bad. Really bad. If that does not get cleaned up, the season is over. Were Foster and Farmer that important? We all know what having a bad center looks like from last year, 0-6 baby. Once Farmer moved to center, the offensive line improved. Now we have a walk on at guard and a redshirt freshman that never played center, starting at center.

Since the O line was bad and the snaps were bad, Adrian had to worry about bad snaps and a guy in his face. Dedrick did diddly because the run game stunk. We have no clue if Farniok is any better because the non-offense Nebraska team did all the scoring in the second half which gave the USA offense the entire second half time of possession.

Is the Nebraska defense really improved? No clue, USA sucks. Defense looked great against Colorado last year, then it went quickly downhill.

Before, I thought Nebraska would beat Colorado, now, bet Colorado and take the points. Colorado wins it outright.

The only good thing is that CU did give up points to CSU. but the Colorado offense looked real good. If the Nebraska offense showed anything last week, then it could be a shootout. The Nebraska offense showed nothing.

the Colorado pass defense is bad. but nebraska showed they can't exploit that because of poor Oline play.

Colorado played their perfect game against an in-state rival. Let's hope the Nebraska D can cause turnovers.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Red_Alert and I are on the same page. I hope 6-6 is possible. Northwestern and Illinois are now wins. We know nothing of Northern Illinois since they played an overmatched Illinois State team(FCS).

South Alabama sucks. Nebraska should have blown them out. We won't learn anything because USA plays an FCS team next week.

The only part of the Nebraska team I have confidence in is the kicking game with Pickering and Jorgensen. The offense is 110% questionable, and the defense got to play against a bad USA team.

The offensive line is bad. Really bad. If that does not get cleaned up, the season is over. Were Foster and Farmer that important? We all know what having a bad center looks like from last year, 0-6 baby. Once Farmer moved to center, the offensive line improved. Now we have a walk on at guard and a redshirt freshman that never played center, starting at center.

Since the O line was bad and the snaps were bad, Adrian had to worry about bad snaps and a guy in his face. Dedrick did diddly because the run game stunk. We have no clue if Farniok is any better because the non-offense Nebraska team did all the scoring in the second half which gave the USA offense the entire second half time of possession.

Is the Nebraska defense really improved? No clue, USA sucks. Defense looked great against Colorado last year, then it went quickly downhill.

Before, I thought Nebraska would beat Colorado, now, bet Colorado and take the points. Colorado wins it outright.

The only good thing is that CU did give up points to CSU. but the Colorado offense looked real good. If the Nebraska offense showed anything last week, then it could be a shootout. The Nebraska offense showed nothing.

the Colorado pass defense is bad. but nebraska showed they can't exploit that because of poor Oline play.

Colorado played their perfect game against an in-state rival. Let's hope the Nebraska D can cause turnovers.

Maybe Utah will beat them up next week, so they got nothing left for Nebraska?

Wish I could have gotten that Nebraska -7.5 @ CU. Sharps have already bet that down to -4.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still good with 8-4. Cam Jurgens, I think, threw the timing off the offense off a bit with snaps that looked like Granny with a Gatlin gun. AM didn't look sharp. Receivers ran timid routes. Line was disjointed.

The defense looked better flowing to the ball. Still too many hits and not enough wrapping ups.

There is room for improvement everywhere, for sure. I have faith that it will happen.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think ye all are crazy jumping to conclusions after 1 game.

I would say the same if we woulda blew them out and everyone said we were gonna win 9 games too.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be thankful Penn St, Michigan St, and Michigan aren't on the schedule.
Outside of Colorado, Ohio St, Wiscy, and Iowa, everything else could/should be a coin flip.
8-4 most likely a best case scenario. On a positive note, that would be a bowl game, 3 extra weeks of practice, and a flip from last season's 4-8.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think ye all are crazy jumping to conclusions after 1 game.

I would say the same if we woulda blew them out and everyone said we were gonna win 9 games too.

It's not jumping to conclusions when you're not any good up-front. We've been through this how many years now?
Nebraska should not have had to rely on defensive and a punt return for TD's to win a game. Without them the Huskers lose to lowly S. Alabama 14-21.
You go ahead and rely on 21 pts from the defense and special teams week in and week out. You're likely going to be very disappointed because S. Alabama is probably the worst team the Huskers face all season.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Colorado game will tell me wayyyyy more than South Alabama.

All the quotes after the game from the players about how bad they want to be Colorado because they know how much their coach hates them.

Frost stating that he kept the playbook closed.

It’s not necessarily what I like to hear, because it indicates to me that
It's not jumping to conclusions when you're not any good up-front. We've been through this how many years now?
Nebraska should not have had to rely on defensive and a punt return for TD's to win a game. Without them the Huskers lose to lowly S. Alabama 14-21.
You go ahead and rely on 21 pts from the defense and special teams week in and week out. You're likely going to be very disappointed because S. Alabama is probably the worst team the Huskers face all season.

I get all that, but don’t forget Frost doesn’t plan on pounding the ball downhill, running between the tackles. His offense is designed to work in space by moving fast and creating mismatches.

We were light as a feather up front last season too, but I saw the Offense light it up several times.

I seriously think with Mo back for the start of the game next week, playing against Colorado, Frost is gonna open up the playbook and we’ll be moving fast fast fast.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I’m trying to get at is, I actually think Frost just felt like we could win that game without getting pretty.

He wanted to keep the playbook closed.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I don’t disagree with you @Red_Alert. If we try to run Mills as our feature back the whole season we’re going to get beat down.

We aren’t built that way. Not even close. We are 180 degrees from the Alabama’s of the world. Which UCF and Oregon were as well.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Colorado game will tell me wayyyyy more than South Alabama.

All the quotes after the game from the players about how bad they want to be Colorado because they know how much their coach hates them.

Frost stating that he kept the playbook closed.

It’s not necessarily what I like to hear, because it indicates to me that

I get all that, but don’t forget Frost doesn’t plan on pounding the ball downhill, running between the tackles. His offense is designed to work in space by moving fast and creating mismatches.

We were light as a feather up front last season too, but I saw the Offense light it up several times.

I seriously think with Mo back for the start of the game next week, playing against Colorado, Frost is gonna open up the playbook and we’ll be moving fast fast fast.

Talk is cheap and there was a lot of it before Saturday too. We all know what the fans want to hear.

Nebraska had the ball 1st and goal inside the 5 and struggled to get it across the goal line. That is shades of the scrapbook boys. All that creating mismatches stuff is uselss if Martinez doesn't even have time to check down.

Martinez was 3rd in odds for the Heisman race before Saturday. Jonathan Taylor was 8th. Taylor is now likely 3rd and I doubt Adrian is even top 10.

That's what good/bad lines do for skill players.