• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

some updates

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
go to csnphilly.com and check out tim panaccio's chat. he did give some insight although it seems to be tough to gauge what the flyers are trying to do.

some updates are:

the flyers might go after ryan potulny. this is a minor move that i think can help. i think he is a center although he put up 15 goals with edmonton. he would be replacing asham so i think he could be an upgrade for not much more money.

the flyers like anton volchenkov although i do not think he is first on their list.

and from what i have seen, the goaltending position seems cloudy. it seems like the flyers want a legit goalie. nabokov might be on our team on july 1st if no other team gives him his asking price of about 6 mil from what i have heard. or if he does not sign in russia.

tim p has also not heard mason's name. this is just speculation from me although i think it is down to, leighton, nabokov, turco, and thomas.

the flyers really do not want to part with carter and turned down a kings offer for him. i think it was either for bernier or quick. not sure though. the kings seem to like hartnell though.

alright now i feel like eklund or something.

last thing. the flyers really like bobrovsky, backlund, and eriksson. they think one of them could be their starter in the next year or 2. i am guessing they offer nabokov a 1 year incentive based contract or something like that or they offer turco a 2 or 3 year deal for less.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not surprised at all that they dont want to move carter.. said it really early on that even though most of us (including myself sometimes) think its the right move, i didnt think the flyers were going to move him.. i think him and richards are both going to be here for a very long time

the real question facing this team in the off-season, aside from goaltending, is which center moves outside? richards is too good defensively, carter is too bad on the wing, briere is too good offensively at center, and giroux looked better and more comfortable at center..

IMO the decision is between giroux and carter.. and i think it will be giroux.. give him some time to work with richards and gagne and he'll be our top line RW.. the 2nd line stays the same and carter centers.. carcillo/powe and potulny/asham/equivalent?.. now that i think about it i think a line of carcillo.carter.potulny could really succeed.. carter had his best year between hartnell (an in your face go to the net guy) and lupul (a decent to good sniper pending his mood)... i could see carcillo and potulny playing like hartnell and lupul.. maybe.. i would prefer someone a little better than potulny tho

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
um......you forgot about jvr. haha. i would not mind giroux on the wing if he could produce. however i would think that they will go with the lines that they ended with and i think it is the right move. chicago shut down that top line although there will not be a team like that chicago team this year. that team is losing some talent. in the regular season you play against good teams, average teams, and bad teams. i think that top line would produce and even if a team could shut it down then it opens the door for the briere and giroux lines. the problem against chicago was not even that line. it was not being able to shut down their offense.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
um......you forgot about jvr. haha. i would not mind giroux on the wing if he could produce. however i would think that they will go with the lines that they ended with and i think it is the right move. chicago shut down that top line although there will not be a team like that chicago team this year. that team is losing some talent. in the regular season you play against good teams, average teams, and bad teams. i think that top line would produce and even if a team could shut it down then it opens the door for the briere and giroux lines. the problem against chicago was not even that line. it was not being able to shut down their offense.

oh fuck me haha.. jvr would be the guy thats better than potulny that i was looking for haha.. IMO carter needs to play with guys that crash the net and work the boards.. he's the shooter and the puck carrier when he's on the ice (not the most ideal guy characteristically).. so gagne would lose shots, richards would lose playmaking opportunities.. IMO thats why briere struggled on the wing with carter.. briere needs the puck and carter doesn't give it up much

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
well that is why i think carter should be on the wing. he would have to change his game a little. get the puck off his stick. he is at his best when he just gets a pass and shoots it. on the wing he would be able to do that more. he would not have to carry the puck.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mm see i think he's at his best (and most predictable) coming down the boards and taking a wrist shot, mostly high far side, which is on the right because he's normally coming down the left.. as predictable as it is, i think its when he's at his best..

now just because he's at his best doing that, doesn't mean he's super accurate.. so you need guys to cycle around while he floats around in the slot

i dno.. as of right now, he's a bad winger.. and i dont think he has any desire to move to the wing.. i think moving giroux to wing would be best

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have 4 centers for the top 3 lines, and you need a 1st line RW. Three of the centers played there in every level of competition they have played, and the other played RW his entire career until he got to the NHL. Decisions, decisions.

<<<< I'm still undecided on Eriksson. ;)

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, I finally read the whole chat, and I must say everyone in that chat would do well to read these boards once in a while. For example...

-that one guy asked if Matt Carle would be the captain this year because of how he performed in the playoffs. Did they trade Richards, Gagne, Carter, Pronger, Timonen, Briere, and everyone else with captaincy or alternate captaincy experience?
-Does Panaccio really think Cheechoo is a $3-4 million guy?
-Was he high when he said the Penguins were deeper than the Flyers? Better top end talent? No shit, Sherlock. But deeper? Pass to the left.
-Why did he continue to mention Hitchcock as the guy who may have turned them away from Mason? Hitchcock has never coached Mason in his entire career, as far as I can tell. Not in Dallas, not in Philly, not in Columbus, not in the Olympics, and Hitchcock's only year as WC coach, Mason wasn't on the team. So how would he have any kind of input on a player he never coached? Unless, and this wouldn't surprise me at all, Panaccio doesn't realize that Chris Mason, not Steve Mason, is the UFA this year.

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
ander, yes i agree with you. some of those questions were weird. he answered one of mine about some of our prospects.

i was confused when he called pittsburgh a deeper team. so, no wingers and an average defense is a deeper team than an offense that puts up identical numbers and a much better defense?

also, i was really confused about mason. i guess he did think the guy was reffering to steve mason. tim p is a good source for news although if you watch him on daily news live he does tend to mispronounce peoples names and says some weird things.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys -- I know it's not the intended idea, but thanks for keeping me updated everyday.

Without you guys to turn to, I'd be screwed on the latest updates because I'd never have the time to wade through all the shit you do daily.

Again.....thanks!

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, I finally read the whole chat, and I must say everyone in that chat would do well to read these boards once in a while. For example...

-that one guy asked if Matt Carle would be the captain this year because of how he performed in the playoffs. Did they trade Richards, Gagne, Carter, Pronger, Timonen, Briere, and everyone else with captaincy or alternate captaincy experience?
-Does Panaccio really think Cheechoo is a $3-4 million guy?
-Was he high when he said the Penguins were deeper than the Flyers? Better top end talent? No shit, Sherlock. But deeper? Pass to the left.
-Why did he continue to mention Hitchcock as the guy who may have turned them away from Mason? Hitchcock has never coached Mason in his entire career, as far as I can tell. Not in Dallas, not in Philly, not in Columbus, not in the Olympics, and Hitchcock's only year as WC coach, Mason wasn't on the team. So how would he have any kind of input on a player he never coached? Unless, and this wouldn't surprise me at all, Panaccio doesn't realize that Chris Mason, not Steve Mason, is the UFA this year.

If someone actually asked this question, he should turn in his man card IMMEDIATELY, if not sooner.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy who asked it went by the alias 'matt'. Not exactly subtle, if you ask me.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I remember thinking what a coincidence that was.

And Quick still sucks.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If someone actually asked this question, he should turn in his man card IMMEDIATELY, if not sooner.

I don't think asking if Matt Carle should be captain is really a man card punishable offense. It's probably grounds for losing your hockey fan card, and quite possibly IQ of above 3 card, but man card? Come on.

And it's not like he's the worst person on the team to potentially get the captaincy. Could always resign Rathje and have him sit out another year, after all.

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think asking if Matt Carle should be captain is really a man card punishable offense. It's probably grounds for losing your hockey fan card, and quite possibly IQ of above 3 card, but man card? Come on.

And it's not like he's the worst person on the team to potentially get the captaincy. Could always resign Rathje and have him sit out another year, after all.

As far as I'm concerned, the man card and hockey fan card are synonymous. ;)