• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some miscellaneous stuff

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
correct
My choice for this draft is NC State LB, Payton Wilson.

Awesome LB when on the field.
That kid is instinctive and plays downhill like a bigger Chris Borland. I would take him in the 2nd and T'Vondre Sweat or McKinnley Jackson in the first(slight reach on both but I don't care, they are Monsters), and feel much better about the run D

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monday Aikman was asked about the teams culture. I thought he made a great point regarding players.

"If you're coaching or playing for the Cowboys, there are distractions. There's so much attention paid to this team, and I do think the way players come into the league has changed over the years. They're not together as much as they once were, like we were, AND IT FEELS LIKE A LOT OF PLAYERS, IF NOT ALL PLAYERS, ARE BUILDING A PERSONAL BRAND as much as they are building a championship team. I think that's the challenge for coaches, especially in Dallas."

Dak? DLaw? Diggs? Cee Dee? Parsons?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now Jerry is completely walking back his "all in" bullshit quote. I have a feeling the roster is about to be gutted. Reality of $140 million per year going to 4 players is about to hit home

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monday Aikman was asked about the teams culture. I thought he made a great point regarding players.

"If you're coaching or playing for the Cowboys, there are distractions. There's so much attention paid to this team, and I do think the way players come into the league has changed over the years. They're not together as much as they once were, like we were, AND IT FEELS LIKE A LOT OF PLAYERS, IF NOT ALL PLAYERS, ARE BUILDING A PERSONAL BRAND as much as they are building a championship team. I think that's the challenge for coaches, especially in Dallas."

Dak? DLaw? Diggs? Cee Dee? Parsons?
Dak seems to be affected by the expectations of being the QB of the Cowboys . I say make him earn that next payday . If they don't make it to at least the NFC Title game then start over at QB.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak seems to be affected by the expectations of being the QB of the Cowboys .
well...not the money part. If I'm a guy like Martin, I'm starting to scratch my head. I'm thinking great guy, great leader and most likely a friend for life. BUT...he has to see the eyes get wide too many times by now. He has to see a guy press and show rattled tendicies in key moments.

I am a known Dak ball washer when some IMO are unfair...BUT I'm thinking Jerry is in no way "All In" and because of this, Play Dak at the 59.4m

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a known Dak ball washer when some IMO are unfair...BUT I'm thinking Jerry is in no way "All In" and because of this, Play Dak at the 59.4m
Yeah, you would think if they were "all in" they would be moving faster to an extension. They have no CAP space to do anything currently

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking 7-10 wins. So you may be right. Much tougher schedule than the past 3 years.

I'm leaning more to 8-9 or even 7-10. given the lack of action from this front office. I have very low expectations.

I look at the opponents and see lots of L,s. I reserve the right to adjust this depending on if they make any moves . But currently there are holes in several places

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking 7-10 wins. So you may be right. Much tougher schedule than the past 3 years.

I'm leaning more to 8-9 or even 7-10. given the lack of action from this front office. I have very low expectations.

I look at the opponents and see lots of L,s. I reserve the right to adjust this depending on if they make any moves . But currently there are holes in several places
I don't see us sweeping both NY and Washington which we usually do lately. Both teams are loaded with early draft picks and have a lot of cap space. I think we take a step back. If we let Dak play out, I'm fine with it. If we give him 5 years/$300M, I'm depressed

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We didn't beat anybody with a winning record. We got blown out by one that did.

I have no expectations this year. I can't be disappointed.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle did not have a winning record after we beat them and yes we got a W at home against Detroit but that game is a maybe...

And I was using some hyperbole...
Detroit sort of gave that game away. All they had to do was kick field goals and they would have won. The defense stunk vs Seattle. That one was also almost an L. Yeah I am still a Cowboys fan,but low expectations until this team either goes all in or blows it up and starts over.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit sort of gave that game away. All they had to do was kick field goals and they would have won. The defense stunk vs Seattle. That one was also almost an L. Yeah I am still a Cowboys fan,but low expectations until this team either goes all in or blows it up and starts over.
Just need to concentrate on improving defense vs. always trying to fine tune the offense.
When we get a stout final 4 min. defense. We can get excited about how far we go in playoffs. even if that costs us a little on the offensive side.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just need to concentrate on improving defense vs. always trying to fine tune the offense.
When we get a stout final 4 min. defense. We can get excited about how far we go in playoffs. even if that costs us a little on the offensive side.
I like your thinking. The defense just isn't there,but there are some good players. I still think things would been better on defense if they would have had linebackers and Diggs had not gone down.

The defense was not the same after LVE and Diggs went down. Gilmore Diggs and Bland in the slot was shutting things down early on

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about it, do not extend dak and move on unless he gives a reason not too. I love the guy but him shitting the bed over and over in the playoffs.... that ain't a 60million dollar a year QB.

Our D got blown out several times. Once a year is MY limit.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like your thinking. The defense just isn't there,but there are some good players. I still think things would been better on defense if they would have had linebackers and Diggs had not gone down.

The defense was not the same after LVE and Diggs went down. Gilmore Diggs and Bland in the slot was shutting things down early on
3 key injuries on D. One was a LB that never got on the field.