• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some May Get Their Wish

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All are lateral moves at best.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny. While waiting to get on the bus Friday night back to the Coliseum, there were about 5 guys talking about Dana. One guy had a red and white ski hat on, but it read St. Johns, which confused me. He mentioned the Colorado job being opened and said that WVU was a stepping stone school for HCs. Something we have talked about endlessly. I mentioned that if WVU wanted be serious, they would have brought Jimbo home. St Johns said that WVU didn't have the deep pockets. This made me think that he was an OU fan in sheep's clothing. I'm sure that somebody like Kendricks' would ante up along with others if this was a sure thing.

There were a few, including my son, who said to bring RR back. I told all of them that it was one of the dumbest ideas. I attributed it to the beers and cold air but wanted to know why they wanted to bring a guy back, a guy who has the "Me Too" groups salivating at the mouth, a guy who took a Michigan program (with a shitload of 5-star recruits) and turned it to shit, went out to the dessert and done the same. RR? Really? Never so disappointed with my son.

We are not who we thought we were but could be who we hope to be some day. Being a Mountaineer fan means that there is always hope for next season.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All are lateral moves at best.

I know what you mean.

But, here is the deal. He is not Shane Lyons’... our AD... boy. Luck hired him. Lyons and Dana had trouble in 2015 when Dana should have been extended a new contract. It didn’t happen until after the ‘16 season.

If Dana leaves for another job, he doesn’t have to worry about the security of his livlihood for a few years. At WVU, if he goes 6-6 or 7-5... he’s back on the hot seat like he was in ‘14-‘16.

At TT, he would have better facilities and the opportunity to make more cash.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know what you mean.

But, here is the deal. He is not Shane Lyons’... our AD... boy. Luck hired him. Lyons and Dana had trouble in 2015 when Dana should have been extended a new contract. It didn’t happen until after the ‘16 season.

If Dana leaves for another job, he doesn’t have to worry about the security of his livlihood for a few years. At WVU, if he goes 6-6 or 7-5... he’s back on the hot seat like he was in ‘14-‘16.

At TT, he would have better facilities and the opportunity to make more cash.

Better facilities? I do think the bar is pretty low out there. Go to a bowl and you're good. Maybe push Texas every 3 or 4 years. Win once a decade or so.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We hear this every year. If we are bad, Dana will get fired, If we are good, someone else will take Dana.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dana is pretty happy here. I think he'll stay unless he gets an offer that's just too good to pass up. I don't see Colorado, TT, or UofL as being leaps and bounds better. It's pretty much a lateral move. And then he has to start over, rebuild his staff and program. I don't know about you, but that would take a significant increase in some way before I'd make that jump.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt he would take any of those jobs, and he got extended when he should have been, you don't extend a coach making millions when the program is trending down.......if he goes somewhere else, so be it, he had the team this year to compete and lost it due to a great quarterback being too much of a gunslinger, which is Holgorsen major flaw. Guys are on here talking about firing Gibson, wvus defense was second in the league, doing what b12 defenses do. We lost three games due to the same thing we won several Grier being unwilling to give up on a play, and the coaches never got him under control. Under the exact circumstances just a few short years ago what were you guys saying?

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny. While waiting to get on the bus Friday night back to the Coliseum, there were about 5 guys talking about Dana. One guy had a red and white ski hat on, but it read St. Johns, which confused me. He mentioned the Colorado job being opened and said that WVU was a stepping stone school for HCs. Something we have talked about endlessly. I mentioned that if WVU wanted be serious, they would have brought Jimbo home. St Johns said that WVU didn't have the deep pockets. This made me think that he was an OU fan in sheep's clothing. I'm sure that somebody like Kendricks' would ante up along with others if this was a sure thing.

There were a few, including my son, who said to bring RR back. I told all of them that it was one of the dumbest ideas. I attributed it to the beers and cold air but wanted to know why they wanted to bring a guy back, a guy who has the "Me Too" groups salivating at the mouth, a guy who took a Michigan program (with a shitload of 5-star recruits) and turned it to shit, went out to the dessert and done the same. RR? Really? Never so disappointed with my son.

We are not who we thought we were but could be who we hope to be some day. Being a Mountaineer fan means that there is always hope for next season.

WV is no longer a stepping stone school...........could have said that in the BE days...but not now.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WV is no longer a stepping stone school...........could have said that in the BE days...but not now.
I agree. Being in the Big XII has pushed the program to ramp up. We're certainly no power, but nor are we a stepping stone. Unless it's to a true power.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt he would take any of those jobs, and he got extended when he should have been, you don't extend a coach making millions when the program is trending down.......if he goes somewhere else, so be it, he had the team this year to compete and lost it due to a great quarterback being too much of a gunslinger, which is Holgorsen major flaw. Guys are on here talking about firing Gibson, wvus defense was second in the league, doing what b12 defenses do. We lost three games due to the same thing we won several Grier being unwilling to give up on a play, and the coaches never got him under control. Under the exact circumstances just a few short years ago what were you guys saying?

Good ole’ DAD back.

The program wasn’t trending down. Just the opposite. Dana had his 4-8 year. In ‘14, he had us back in the top 25 until Clint was head crushed. Just beat the #4 team in all the land... matter of fact. The ‘15 team was statistically rated as one of Dana’s best by Bill Connolley of SB Nation... the advanced metric guru for S&P+ rankings.

In today’s competitive market for outstanding high school recruits, you NEVER leave your HC on less than a 4+ contract. It squarely places your HC in LAME DUCK status. And, it has been confirmed to me by Chris Anderson at 247 sports that our geographic rivals used this status against us when talking to recruits.

It was a huge rookie mistake by our AD. HUGE!!

It damaged two recruiting classes. And, we’re still paying for it...

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read a few articles on the Colorado and Texas Tech jobs. Both courtesy of their perspective local media. According to those articles Texas Tech doesn't want Dana. As for the Buffs, they BADLY want Dana. However, they aren't even able to match his current salary.

I have yet to look into the situation at UofL, but I think that may be the only possible opening. I'm sure their pockets are deep enough, if there's interest.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read a few articles on the Colorado and Texas Tech jobs. Both courtesy of their perspective local media. According to those articles Texas Tech doesn't want Dana. As for the Buffs, they BADLY want Dana. However, they aren't even able to match his current salary.

I have yet to look into the situation at UofL, but I think that may be the only possible opening. I'm sure their pockets are deep enough, if there's interest.

Find that hard to beleive, but if that is indeed the case its a sad commentary of the state of the Union in the Pac12..

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine anyone wanting to be the coach at UL, there is a huge mess to be cleaned up. The whole athletic department is a shambles right now. The agents spout every name for every vacancy to get their guys more $$, in turn themselves more as well

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Jake has found a new home...HC at Texas State.......

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GT job open. Dana has been recruiting GA hard the past few years.

A new player...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GT job open. Dana has been recruiting GA hard the past few years.

A new player...
I think there will be more jobs opening up spoon that will lead to a lot of speculations.Maryland is already Open as well....I think USC, Illinois...maybe Michigan State...and some other surprises may pop up...leading to a lots of domino's falling...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there will be more jobs opening up spoon that will lead to a lot of speculations.Maryland is already Open as well....I think USC, Illinois...maybe Michigan State...and some other surprises may pop up...leading to a lots of domino's falling...

USC AD Lynn Swan already came out with a written response to their fans and boosters declaring his support for Helton. The Illini AD gave Smith a 2 yr extension this week.

But, dominoes will fall...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC AD Lynn Swan already came out with a written response to their fans and boosters declaring his support for Helton. The Illini AD gave Smith a 2 yr extension this week.

But, dominoes will fall...

Do you know how much they are paying Lovie..to do...well whatever it is you want to call it?..