• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some good fantasy knowledge on this forum...

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...so I wanted to see what you guys think. I just finished my money league draft, the only team I have besides the Lions dynasty league. And I wouldn't have this one if my son didn't keep paying my way in to guilt me into participating. Here it is, 12 teams, 8th pick. PPR. 2RB, 2WR, 1FLEX.

1st - LeSean McCoy
2nd - Jay Ajayi
3rd - Lamar Miller
4th - Joe Mixon
5th - Alan Robinson
6th - Sammy Watkins
7th - Donte Moncrief
8th - Doug Martin
9th - Matt Forte
10th - Marvin Jones
11th - Robert Woods
12th - Corey Davis
13th - Tyrod Taylor
14th - Coby Fleener
15th - Lions Defense (homer pick)
16th - Phil Dawson
17th - Jamaal Williams

Okay, let me have it.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great RBs, decent Wrs- a little weak at QB- overall a team that you can win with.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ahh... the 0 WR strategy... but very lucky to get Robinson.... But your WR 2 sucks... and this is PPR... and don't see any sleepers to really become the stud for you... you will need to make a trade, and PPR just makes lower tier Res harder to trade...

Is Tyrod your QB1?? or am i missing something??? if so that is pretty damn bad...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the RB heavy approach.... just not big on Ajayi and Miller. That is just personal preference with me though, and certainly doesn't mean they won't produce. And having upside like Mixon and safety with post-suspension Martin gives you options.... good options.

I do think you will be in search of a WR1. And I would prefer more Jamal Williams type picks than the Woods and Jones picks, but can't blame you for wanting depth behind Watkins and Moncrief. I just think that depth is better utilized with FA finds no lesser than Woods and Jones any given week.

I hope you're fine with Taylor all year, but I assume you'll want to upgrade there (or maybe streaming is doable)

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would trade miller and mix on for a top wr. Ajayi and shady great starters and Martin gonna be good after week three have a lot of depth.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think you went to light on WRs. I'd be looking at the other team rosters and find someone who went light on RBs and try to work out a trade. Taylor as your starting QB is a bit scary, I usually like him as my backup QB if I carry two, So I'd try to upgrade there also pronto.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed with Harold there. I'd do the same exact thing.

The good thing is that you sure have a lot of ammo to work out a deal. :nod:

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it Tyrod is fine(i'm rolling solo with Wentz in my work league :doh: waited to long) and Marvin is going to be deadly in the RZ this year. LOL at the Lions D that's pretty crazy.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normally he would be, but with Goff? Meeehhh...i dunno, should be about right. Anyone taking him earlier is stretching a bit me thinks.

Better offense(how can it get worse than Jeff Fisher), beefed up O line, improved weapons, and a year of experience under his belt Goff will be improved.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As everyone else has said, WR's too thin/too mediocre, especially in a PPR, some of those later RB picks probably should have been more in the Woodhead, Sproles, Theo, Duke Johnson territory.
Love McCoy, Ajayi is falling fast in my book, although still think he'll be adequate. Hate Miller, but can't argue him in the 4th, huge on Mixon, but may have to wait a bit to see the dividends, Martin, hard to ignore 3 games with 0's, plus his tenancy to disappear every other season. Forte is just about toast.
And yes, Tyrod a the QB1 isn't ideal. He'll probably be good enough that his numbers aren't the main reason you lose. . but he's not winning too many for you either.

Definitely find someone willing to deal a string WR and hopefully a QB for some combination of Miller, Forte, Martin, maybe even Mixon.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better offense(how can it get worse than Jeff Fisher), beefed up O line, improved weapons, and a year of experience under his belt Goff will be improved.
yeah, it's easy to say that, and i agree he should be better. But, he was SO bad, it's hard to not be better. And unless its a whole lot better, it's still not gonna be good enough to get Sammy significant volume, especially if he's constantly peppering Kupp 5-10 yards away

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watkins seems like a fantastic value in the 6th

he is not fantastic value, but not bad value... but the point is the same, in a PPR league your flex basically has to be a WR... Watkins would be fine as the flex, but as the number 2?? just not that good... and to be on the bottom at TE and QB... not good...

even more, problem with PPR leagues is that more RBs become fantasy relevant... it is not very easy to trade a RB to get a WR... especially one that would help the team.... He really has to trade McCoy to have any chance to get any top WR...

and then, his WR bench has very little upside... IMO this is a last place team on draft day...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watkins seems like a fantastic value in the 6th
he is not fantastic value, but not bad value... but the point is the same, in a PPR league your flex basically has to be a WR... Watkins would be fine as the flex, but as the number 2?? just not that good... and to be on the bottom at TE and QB... not good...

even more, problem with PPR leagues is that more RBs become fantasy relevant... it is not very easy to trade a RB to get a WR... especially one that would help the team.... He really has to trade McCoy to have any chance to get any top WR...

and then, his WR bench has very little upside... IMO this is a last place team on draft day...

First off I disagree it's hard to trade a RB for a good WR in PPR, I've done it many times. Secondly I won't care which RB I traded on that roster, which ever one got me the best return for my money. Forte was completely a wasted pick, no trade value what so ever and he'll never be in the starting lineup.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off I disagree it's hard to trade a RB for a good WR in PPR, I've done it many times. Secondly I won't care which RB I traded on that roster, which ever one got me the best return for my money. Forte was completely a wasted pick, no trade value what so ever and he'll never be in the starting lineup.

I am just talking trading in the beginning of the season... Many owners play the wait and see, and in PPR they are not going to trade their better players so easily.... and of course it is possible, it is just very hard, you have to find the right owner...

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ranked my players and let the draft come to me. I actually thought I would be WR heavy like last year, but this year was different as it was the WRs that went flying off the board.

I knew I could get honesty here. Most are skeptical, but a couple think it can work.

I like the debate going on.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit!!! I just noticed there's a thread for this kind of post. Sorry guys.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit!!! I just noticed there's a thread for this kind of post. Sorry guys.

Weird, but that thread doesn't get much traction. Better off putting it here.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the RB heavy approach....

I stopped reading your post after this sentence because I'm still angry with you for shafting me in last year's A-league draft. lol