• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Keeper options - 10tm stndrd

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well now I'm starting to get antsy for the draft, even though we are still 3+ wks away.
Gonna break down my keeper options and revisit as we get closer to fantasy draft day.

start QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flx, K, DST, roster size = 17
I have the 9th draft spot out of 10 teams, snake draft

this is the league where any players kept for multiple seasons = 1st round value. So if you keep 2 players with 1st round values, you lose your 1st and 2nd round picks.
If keeping free agents, they equate to your 17th round pick, so if you keep 2, you lose your 17th and 16th round picks.

can only keep 4 players, value listed after player name = their 2018 draft value

L McCoy - 1st round
K Allen - 1st round
D Henry - 6th round
Z Ertz - 8th round
A Thielen - 9th round

O Beckham - free agent
A Kamara - free agent

Other notable players/value options:
B Cooks - 1st round
M Crabtree - 1st round
D Brees - 4th round
M Goodwin - free agent
R Burkhead - free agent
E Engram - free agent

My thoughts:
As of now, only have Kamara and Beckham locked in
Guys in green are under serious consideration for last 2 keeper slots

-Thought Henry in the 6th round would be a slam dunk decision, still leaning that way with this being a standard league, but sucks that they signed Lewis
-McCoy/Allen would be nice to pair with Kamara and Odell, but I like to keep my options open in the 1st round, if possible.
-Ertz and Thielen are both decent values in the 8th/9th, would prefer to keep 2 RBs, but if I don't, Ertz will be in the mix

Debates
- McCoy in the 1st vs Henry in the 6th?
- Keenan Allen (or Cooks) in the 1st vs Thielen in the 9th?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other 2 would have to be Henry(definite), and Theilen(questionable)...

Theilen is one of those guys who you never want to keep, but he will certainly give you value there...

But I can see you keeping Ertz or Brees over thielen

Henry IMO is another MUST keep... his value Jumps up to second round at worst if he becomes the workhorse... even if the titans draft a RB or sign someone, I highly doubt he wont be at LEAST in a committee where he is the number one.... which is probably 4th or 5th round value...

your second FIRST rounder is not good enough to strengthen the FIRST first rounders value... so I would not keep any first rounders

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you about Beckham and Kamara. I think I take the chance on Henry with the 6th. Your last keeper comes down to Ertz vs McCoy, and I could probably be talked into Evan engram as well.

In the end, I lean towards McCoy. Since you pick 9th, you would be looking at McCoy possibly in a redraft at that spot. There would be a few others with him in that redraft that will be keepers here. I think you lock him in, you got your 3 RBS and a stud WR to keep and your first pick is at the beginning of round 2, where you should be able to snag another pimp WR (K. Allen, maybe if you like him) and be on your way to making it back to the 'ship.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So first of all, the guy that dropped Beckham last year should be kicked out of the league for making him available as a free agent this year because that's terrible in this type of keeper league. With that said, you have to keep Beckham and Kamara and I think value wise I'd rather have Evan Engram in the 15th than Zach Ertz in the 8th because I don't think there's that much difference between them. As far as the last keeper, I'd go Henry over Mccoy just because of the value as you know Henry is getting the goalline carries and the 4th quarter carries when they are ahead and they are a good enough team that could mean he's getting a lot of 4th quarter carries. I think Lewis will be in the mix on passing downs and in the two minute drill, but not much else. So that would give you Derrick Henry, Alvin Kamara, Evan Engram, and Odell Beckham and you'd only lose a 6th, 15th, 16th, and 17th round pick. I'd take that all day every day.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So first of all, the guy that dropped Beckham last year should be kicked out of the league for making him available as a free agent this year because that's terrible in this type of keeper league. With that said, you have to keep Beckham and Kamara and I think value wise I'd rather have Evan Engram in the 15th than Zach Ertz in the 8th because I don't think there's that much difference between them. As far as the last keeper, I'd go Henry over Mccoy just because of the value as you know Henry is getting the goalline carries and the 4th quarter carries when they are ahead and they are a good enough team that could mean he's getting a lot of 4th quarter carries. I think Lewis will be in the mix on passing downs and in the two minute drill, but not much else. So that would give you Derrick Henry, Alvin Kamara, Evan Engram, and Odell Beckham and you'd only lose a 6th, 15th, 16th, and 17th round pick. I'd take that all day every day.

not disagreeing with you... But I do question the faith in Engram... I see it that Henry, Beckham, Kamara are absolute definites...

That 4th depends on how comfortable you...

I consider it a 4 man race between: Ertz, Engram, Brees, and Thielen... don't really see a wrong move...

IMO, if you think Ertz is better than Engram you CANNNOT keep engram... but with Ertz health problems, I don't know if I think Ertz is better... Which is why I am going Thielen, he is safest...

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long have you been in this league the way it is set up now? Or, I guess the main question here is What kind of player will be available in the first round at #9? Is that guy + Theilen or Ertz or Engram worth McCoy?

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long have you been in this league the way it is set up now? Or, I guess the main question here is What kind of player will be available in the first round at #9? Is that guy + Theilen or Ertz or Engram worth McCoy?

last year - 7 picks made in 1st 2 rounds, other 13 were keepers
2016 - exact opposite, 13 out of 20 in 1st 2 rounds were picks versus 7 keepers
2015 - 4 picks made in 1st 2 rounds, 16 keepers

will have a much better idea of how many owners will have 1st round open as we near the draft.

bored at work, so here's breakdown of other teams and who they should keep with a 1st/2nd round value

Team A: Julio and M Gordon
Team B: roster sucks balls, should have 1st 2 picks available, terrible drafter imo
Team C: AJ Green and David Johnson (continually keeps Brady every season too)
Team D: Freeman and Hopkins
Team E: Antonio, Gurley, and Howard
Team F: Fournette, Evans, D Adams
Team G: Bell, D Cook, Gronk
Team H: Tyreek Hill (has Hunt with 3rd round value, McKinnon as Free agent)
Team I: Zeke, Mike Thomas, CMC

Very realistical that only 2 owners with their 1st round pick this season, as the rest of the teams will have high end keepers to weigh value against before letting go

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree here. Maybe I'm Debbie Downer, but I'm weary of Shady this year. Lost our pro bowl Center and signed a bum. New QB, new OC. Take your Odell gift and stay with the value picks.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree here. Maybe I'm Debbie Downer, but I'm weary of Shady this year. Lost our pro bowl Center and signed a bum. New QB, new OC. Take your Odell gift and stay with the value picks.
this

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with Bandit & TKO.
Good Great value late and you still get early picks.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now Incognito retires. Our LT is the only capable lineman right now. Maybe Newhouse beefs up the right side, but our inner trio is gross.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have to keep 4, but figured with some good mid-round values it would be silly not to

Last options for keeper #4:
K Allen - 1st round
D Brees - 4th round
Z Ertz - 8th round
A Thielen - 9th round
M Goodwin - free agent
R Burkhead - free agent
E Engram - free agent

Locked in keepers:

D Henry - 6th round

A Kamara - 12th round
O Beckham - free agent

Other notable players/value options, but not keeping:
B Cooks - 1st round
M Crabtree - 1st round

quick update - Kamara was actually a 12th round pick, I added him as a FA in a couple other leagues after week1, forgot that I actually drafted him (and Perine) in the 12th round. Traded TyMo and a 14th for Crabtree and a 12th minutes before the draft.

- traded Shady for a 9th rounder. good deal? no clue, but I wasn't keeping him. and this takes an early round pick away from another owner

threw a couple other names into the mix due to value and projected roles - if we don't see improvement on Michel leading up to our deadline, strong considerations for Burkhead. Pats keep scoring rushing TDs, just gotta have the healthy guy it seems.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have to keep 4, but figured with some good mid-round values it would be silly not to

Last options for keeper #4:
K Allen - 1st round
D Brees - 4th round
Z Ertz - 8th round
A Thielen - 9th round
M Goodwin - free agent
R Burkhead - free agent
E Engram - free agent

Locked in keepers:

D Henry - 6th round

A Kamara - 12th round
O Beckham - free agent

Other notable players/value options, but not keeping:
B Cooks - 1st round
M Crabtree - 1st round

quick update - Kamara was actually a 12th round pick, I added him as a FA in a couple other leagues after week1, forgot that I actually drafted him (and Perine) in the 12th round. Traded TyMo and a 14th for Crabtree and a 12th minutes before the draft.

- traded Shady for a 9th rounder. good deal? no clue, but I wasn't keeping him. and this takes an early round pick away from another owner

threw a couple other names into the mix due to value and projected roles - if we don't see improvement on Michel leading up to our deadline, strong considerations for Burkhead. Pats keep scoring rushing TDs, just gotta have the healthy guy it seems.
I say Thielen now, but I wouldn't be mad at either Ertz or Engram.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m. Not on Henry with Lewis there

damper has been put on him, for sure, but I think that's still the move in a standard league.

gonna load up on RBs in the draft, Lewis is a target