• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Solid beginning for Nerlens!

NDIrishGuy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
19 points, 4 steals, 7 for 7 on free throws, and a block in his first game of summer league. Downsides - 5 fouls, 4 turnovers, and only 2 boards. However, he looked athletic. Highlight was him catching the ball just inside the 3 point line, blowing by his man, getting fouled hard, and making the shot while going to the ground. Just keep improving young man!

On another note, is there anything funnier than Joel Embiid trying to recruit Lebron James via Twitter. Dude was hilarious with it.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never been into summer league until now. I mean I watched here & there in the past but im glued to the sixers summer league. Noel won't be much post wise, but he will be a beast on tip ins, slashing, blocks, and when he gets stronger, rebounding. This team is guard heavy. I wanna keep them all but sadly some won't make it.

NDIrishGuy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never been into summer league until now. I mean I watched here & there in the past but im glued to the sixers summer league. Noel won't be much post wise, but he will be a beast on tip ins, slashing, blocks, and when he gets stronger, rebounding. This team is guard heavy. I wanna keep them all but sadly some won't make it.

I was at work, but made sure to catch the highlights when I got home. The Sixers definitely have done a good job of getting athletes. Hopefully they are able to turn some of them into good-to-great NBA players. I wouldn't mind seeing the Rick Pitino at Kentucky style of play from the Sixers this year (2 full 5 man teams - press the crap out of the other team, when the first five are winded from going full speed, en masse replacement and repeat). Sixers will not win playing traditional NBA ball, so why not mix it up a bit and see what works. I am willing to bet many teams wouldn't be ready to run, run, run for 48 minutes.