• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Soak it up lou

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
gotta love "saluting" your fans at home finale only to be booed off the ice by the other team fans. Lol

Side note who in ownership thought it was a smart idea to have this game as fan appreciation night? Can imagine the area around prudential is littered with pucks and posters. Another clue ownership is clueless about the team

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Btw so your arch rival clinches the president trophy on your home ice. In back to back losses?

Couple years back decils had a chance to keep them out of the playoffs but didn't show. This team and management has zero accountability shame it really is

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This team played like shit. I know the Rangers are 50 times better, but the Devils tried to goon it up and took too many penalties against a very good team. They looked like assholes on the ice. I understand play physical, but do it the right way with hard body checks and aggressive fore-checking. Bernier and only a few others came to play. Overall however, this team lacks talent and speed. Its almost too obvious. I hope the owners can see this.

As for the booing, yes, that was an embarrassment. I definitely will not forget that and hope the players (whoever stays) never will. But you have to understand that fan base has very little reason to cheer for about a 100 years. Devils and Islanders have more history than that shit franchise. That is why they condone themselves like the way they did last night and after the game. They were miserable for a long time and most of my lifetime. Now they finally are on a run. This is their chance. It won't last forever though.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I know it's been a long tedious season with no real relief in sight, but are we really going to get pissed because fan appreciation night, was the last home game of the season, the same game it always is?

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I am already looking forward to the draft. 1, 6, or 7. McDavid, or somebody 6th or 7th.
Don't want Crouse. Nothing against him, but we need speed and talent.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yes fan appreciation night the last night of the season if it's anyone but your biggest rivals esp when they are tops in the nhl trying to clinch the presidents trophy while we are no where near making the playoffs.

The proof of it being a horrible decision was evident last night with the booing. Yes I know it was all Ranger fans doing it but it looked beyond stupid to have the players come out to do the salute to the booing.

Move it to the game against the ducks if you want it would ensure that

1 99% of the building would be devils fans
2 they wouldn't have gotten booed off the ice during their salute to the fans. Last night they take the loss and they could've just went into the locker room. I'm not nitpicking it really just makes me wonder who made that decision and what we're they thinking.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah I don't want course either. I want pure skill pure talent and speed. I don't want another "safe" top 6 pick.

Also not big on that Finn rattlesnake. Yeah he could be legit but I don't trust the Devils euro scouts. I also think this team needs more North American skill. Everyone wants to say goaltending and defense won the Devils those cups. Well so did North American talent. That's something we have gotten away from big time

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Rantanen was probably the best player in the tournament. Big guy who can skate and has high skill. I know what you mean, and I would worry about potential bust with a Finnish player, but if he is there at 7, I would take him over a guy like Crouse.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even by your standards you're reaching here Cup. It's always the last game of the season, how much of a bitch move would it be for us to not have it this game simply because it's the Rangers? It shows we're afraid of them. There was no way to know the scenario would be this.

I also like how you're already lining up ownership as your next scapegoat. Marty is gone, Lou will be gone soon enough so you already have your fail safe person to blame. I look forward to hearing how terrible ownership is for the next couple years.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
lol scapegoat.

Not saying that I think the owners or whoever makes the call really dropped the ball.

It's not being afraid of them it's just what it is. The team knew this was coming for months now they could easily have changed the date. Hmmmm not being "afraid" of them oooooor move the date and save face and pr from this happening.

Devils' Embarrassment Against Rangers Makes Lou Lamoriello's Seat Even Hotter | Bleacher Report

Devils booed off the ice in home finale loss to Rangers | NJ.com

Devils hear boos when they salute crowd after home finale; Players believe it was Rangers' fans - Fire & Ice

Just a little strange getting booed off the ice during your salute to fans for fan appreciation night lol. Hey that doesn't bother you that's cool.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rantanen was probably the best player in the tournament. Big guy who can skate and has high skill. I know what you mean, and I would worry about potential bust with a Finnish player, but if he is there at 7, I would take him over a guy like Crouse.

That's the good thing with the high end players, all the agencies pay a ton of attention to them. ISS has Rantanen as the top rated non North American player.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If the Devils pick 7, how about Mitch Marner? Not a big player, but neither was Parise. Seeing highlights, he reminds me of Zack. He has speed, skill, great scoring and passing ability.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Marner is rumored in the top 5. From what I read the Devils at 6 sucks. The top 5 are elite and then the next best are two defenseman who we don't need. Then comes the second tier forwards. But honestly do we reach and take a kid at 6 who should've gone at 11? Because we don't want to draft another d man

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Marner is rumored in the top 5. From what I read the Devils at 6 sucks. The top 5 are elite and then the next best are two defenseman who we don't need. Then comes the second tier forwards. But honestly do we reach and take a kid at 6 who should've gone at 11? Because we don't want to draft another d man
He might be available.
McDavid tops Central Scouting's prospect list - Article - TSN
They don't even mention his name.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Damn McDavid looks like rusty griswald from euro vacation in that pic lol