• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

time to blow her up

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
you lose at home to the lowly pathetic blue jackets. 2-6 in the last 8, PP sucks. PK sucks. depth is zero. its time to blow this shit show up.

Time to trade patty, jumbo. Jumbo is good and has high value. marleau is a mediocre top 9 forward now. They need to get rid of these guys and give the youth all the top ice. They will suck, they will struggle, but they can amass prospects and picks and compete in a few years.

Too bad dougie traded the to-be-lottery pick for a career back up in jones. Made sense, but the risk was huge and it looks pretty ugly. there is no way cooch is the difference here. This is a team that fooled everyone in the first 3 games of the season, but the youngsters are all struggling. The chemistry is zero.

On the bright side, pavelski is literally the only player who is proving himself the leader. He is leading by example and is the best player most nights. not much he can do about the losers he plays with, but clearly he is the right guy for the C.

BTW, they should fire deboer midyear this year. His coaching is nothing short of atrocious. both special teams suck. he is crushing the young kids' development. I hate his handling of hertl. He was awesome with wingels and nieto early, and he sucks with patty and ward. His handling of hte lines is a mess, and his ability to get a 60 minute effort is gone.

They have given up a PP goal against in 8 of the last 9 games. Amazing, it's exactly the same as last year. Same core. Same team. Dougie has gotta get dramatic.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lol it is what it is man. They can go on a 12-3-1 run then it's they are awesome. If it's close to the all star break and the shit show is still going then it's time to blow her up

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Lol it is what it is man. They can go on a 12-3-1 run then it's they are awesome. If it's close to the all star break and the shit show is still going then it's time to blow her up

I know, you're right. I swing, but in all honesty, this is clearly not a cup contender. They mgiht scrap together a run, a few wins here and there, and the like, but this is not a contender. Last year, they missed the PO's by a long way. They added some guys and might be better, but they arent for real. 12 games is enough to see that. Whether they blow it up now, or closer to the deadline doenst really matter. They just need to get value for the old guys. They need to get big value out of jumbo and patty before they just retire.

Also, deboer sure looks iffy. He was an interesting hire since he has 7 years of NHL coaching experience and has missed the PO's in 6 (with the one notable exception). The youth arent developing well, and he is clearly failing at the coachable parts of the game like PP and PK work.

they may well be a PO team, but the D also remains pathetic offensively outside of burns, and suspect defensively with tennyson dillon and burns quite iffy. They just arent that good, and they are stuck in purgatory. Dougie sacrifices a 1st for martin, signs two 34 year olds to try to win now. But in doing so, he takes key spots of the kids and sacrifices some future. he is reluctant (for good reason given his own dubious status) to blow it up and face the reality that the aging vets are bascially done and the young core of primarily mid round draftees who are mid-to-low level nHLers is not sufficient to compete at a high level. trying to piece together a competitive team without a pile of top prospects and picks is tough to do, and dougie is trying to do just that and failing.

I can see that the fan base doesnt put up with a rebuild, but its gunna happen in a slow teal bleed as fans slows disappear or a fast rip off of the bandaid and a start from scratch, and the recreation of the franchise with different faces. Everyone over 27 should be on the block, even pickles, for the right return. The sharks need to be sellers...

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
attendance was roughly 15,500 leaving over 2000 empty seats yet again. I expect florida to be as low or even lower. Seems like pretty much every weekday game against anyone who isnt a huge draw for 1000-2000 fans of the other team. if they continue to suck at home like last year and so far this year, they will lose another 1-2k season ticket holders and may start pushing 12k fans. I cant remember an era where whole section of the tank are mostly empty, but the sharks are not an interesting product right now, and the fan base has zero reason to show up each night.

This cycle of missing fans and crappy product could get pretty ugly pretty fast. No reason for hasso to spend up the cap for this. I wonder if they wont start just dumping salary if this trend continues...

I cant remember a time and atmosphere like this since maybe the 2002-3 season marred by the nabby holdout, kipper debacle, teemu mess, and all that jazz. This is really the worst ive personally felt in 13 years. what a bummer...

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Don't get me wrong nothing that is happening right now is instilling confidence right now, but it's a long season and dumber shit has happened. Plus Bay Area sports if your not the trendy love affair your attendance drops. I bet mathmatically is not as bad as the miners drop

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Real good article by Kurz about depth and Neito and Tierny i usually dismiss his writing but this is pretty spot on

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
read it and he mgiht be right about the development mistakes. He might also be right about management simply not putting together an NHL team. I mean, it does speak volumes that 5 or 6 of the regular forwards on the team last year and not even in the NHL anymore. That's pretty amazing, and not a single one was from retirement or injury. The talent level is just lacking.

I also think that coaching is a big part of it too. Todd and Deboer arent getting the potential out of these guys. The system and line combos arent getting the job done, simply put, so I wonder how much AHL time would have helped.

In other news, Pavs+Ward = 15 goals. All others = 17. That's the issue, but I think that the bottom 6 is not the only issue with that. Marleau hasnt scored in 8 straight games (ironically the 2-6 stretch). Hertl is goalless in 9 straight. Thornton is goalless in 9 straight. Donskoi in 6 straight. These are not bottom 6 forwards, at least not as the lines are now, they are top 6 forwards. in other words, its not just the bottom 6, it's everyone not names pavelski or ward.

I can handle hertl and donskoi not scoring to a certain degree, but pavs and jumbo havent scored in 8 games. Thats the two highest paid guys on the team. The two faces of the franchise. The two core guys. they have to score too, so I look as much to the big two as the bottom 6. its also why I am happy to ditch em for big value in return, becasue their inconsistency and salaries are an albatross around the neck of the team.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sharks recall a defense man I've never heard of should go well lol

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Marleau is on the trading block. I can only dream there is a sucker willing to acquire the Sharks version of the Brooklyn Bridge.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Real good article by Kurz about depth and Neito and Tierny i usually dismiss his writing but this is pretty spot on
Really good article. Same ole story with Sharks. They can't develop young offensive players. Been the franchise Achilles heel.