• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So what will Manning do next, retire or sign with the Rams?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Manning Fan (before he went to that team in the Mountains) I'd prefer he just retire. He's on top and coming off an otherwise terrible year. He has nothing left to prove.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one like the rest, hope he retires. But if someone ponies up the money he keep playing I can imagine.

He's already getting like $17 million if he plays under the DEN contract, so money may not be the biggest issue for him. I think he's a guy that will continue to profit from his brand and understand how good it will look for his legacy to go out on top (even if he had little to do with the Broncos winning the other day). Plus, he sucks now.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think he's already made up his mind to retire. Just wants to let the SB media dry up a bit and not be a distracting part of that.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic Johnson Tries to Recruit Peyton Manning to LA Rams on 'The Tonight Show'
Mike
Chiari
Feb 11, 2016[/paste:font]
Comments
Most assume that quarterback Peyton Manningplayed his final game in the Denver Broncos' Super Bowl 50 victory over the Carolina Panthers, but Los Angeles Lakers legend Magic Johnson hopes The Sheriff has at least one more season left in him.

Johnson became the first person to reserve season tickets for the Los Angeles Rams, and as seen in this video from the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, he would like Manning at the helm when L.A. makes its official return to the NFL during the 2016 campaign:

According to WTHR Channel 13, Johnson even offered to help Rams owner Stan Kroenke make the move if Manning is interested: "I tried to talk somebody out of retirement and come to the Rams," Johnson said, motioning towards Manning. "I said, 'Man, if you play again, come to the Rams.' I was working on him backstage. I will even chip in some money."

As seen in this tweet courtesy of Johnson, the Basketball Hall of Famer thinks extremely highly of the future Football Hall of Famer:

Manning has yet to make an official announcement regarding his NFL future, but the 39-year-old veteran seemed to laugh off Johnson's proposal, per WTHR Channel 13: "I'm getting embarrassed," Manning said.

That embarrassment likely paled in comparison to what Manning and Johnson did later on in the show, however, as they engaged in a friendly game of egg roulette:

Perhaps the game was symbolic since Manning could truly have egg on his face if he decides to play another season.

Manning is a five-time MVP and arguably the greatest quarterback of all time, but he was limited by a foot injury for most of the 2015 season, and he threw for just nine touchdowns to go along with 17 interceptions during the regular season.

His ball security improved in the playoffs, but he threw for only 141 yards and a pick in a Super Bowl win that was undoubtedly spearheaded by Denver's dominant defense.

crop_exact_full_image.jpe

Manning would likely be an attractive option for the Rams since he would bring much-needed star power to Los Angeles and would perhaps be an upgrade over the combination of Nick Foles and Case Keenum that stumbled in St. Louis last year.

Running back Todd Gurley and a strong defense could give Manning a chance to win in L.A. as well, but after winning the second Super Bowl of his illustrious career, Manning truly has nothing left to prove.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic Johnson Tries to Recruit Peyton Manning to LA Rams on 'The Tonight Show'
Mike
Chiari
Feb 11, 2016[/paste:font]
Comments
Most assume that quarterback Peyton Manningplayed his final game in the Denver Broncos' Super Bowl 50 victory over the Carolina Panthers, but Los Angeles Lakers legend Magic Johnson hopes The Sheriff has at least one more season left in him.

Johnson became the first person to reserve season tickets for the Los Angeles Rams, and as seen in this video from the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, he would like Manning at the helm when L.A. makes its official return to the NFL during the 2016 campaign:

According to WTHR Channel 13, Johnson even offered to help Rams owner Stan Kroenke make the move if Manning is interested: "I tried to talk somebody out of retirement and come to the Rams," Johnson said, motioning towards Manning. "I said, 'Man, if you play again, come to the Rams.' I was working on him backstage. I will even chip in some money."

As seen in this tweet courtesy of Johnson, the Basketball Hall of Famer thinks extremely highly of the future Football Hall of Famer:

Manning has yet to make an official announcement regarding his NFL future, but the 39-year-old veteran seemed to laugh off Johnson's proposal, per WTHR Channel 13: "I'm getting embarrassed," Manning said.

That embarrassment likely paled in comparison to what Manning and Johnson did later on in the show, however, as they engaged in a friendly game of egg roulette:

Perhaps the game was symbolic since Manning could truly have egg on his face if he decides to play another season.

Manning is a five-time MVP and arguably the greatest quarterback of all time, but he was limited by a foot injury for most of the 2015 season, and he threw for just nine touchdowns to go along with 17 interceptions during the regular season.

His ball security improved in the playoffs, but he threw for only 141 yards and a pick in a Super Bowl win that was undoubtedly spearheaded by Denver's dominant defense.

View attachment 87849

Manning would likely be an attractive option for the Rams since he would bring much-needed star power to Los Angeles and would perhaps be an upgrade over the combination of Nick Foles and Case Keenum that stumbled in St. Louis last year.

Running back Todd Gurley and a strong defense could give Manning a chance to win in L.A. as well, but after winning the second Super Bowl of his illustrious career, Manning truly has nothing left to prove.

If the Rams need star power to make it work in LA already...this move was a HUGE mistake. It thought it might take 3 seasons before the euphoria of just having a team wore off.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Manning decides to come back it will be his worst professional decision in his career. He isn't going to walk into a similar situation in any other city.

Rather than going out as a Super Bowl winner he will go out a broken man struggling to be an ordinary QB.

Keystone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see him heading into the front office or sidelines of the Titans. Seems more like a person who would prefer still being part of the game than in the booth talking about it.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see him heading into the front office or sidelines of the Titans. Seems more like a person who would prefer still being part of the game than in the booth talking about it.

I don't know.. That's a lot of hours to put in. I think that's why so many backup QB's turn to coaching (ie. Garrett now has been paid more by Dallas than Aikman).

I think either the Favre route and mostly disappear except for being in box seats for Giants games, then in 5-10 years MAYBE look at a front office job.

theknight307

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more people say he should retire (which he should ), I think the more he is thinking he shouldn't. He has been a contrarian for a long time. I mean dating back to when he chose to go to Tennessee instead of Ole Miss.

I think at the time everyone really presumed he was going to his father's Alma mater. Anyway, he clearly does not have it. He got his second ring, fine. He needs to retire, but his psyche has always been to go against the stream if you will.

Would not be shocked to see him say he is coming back for ONE more year so he can have a "good bye" tour if you will.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton Manning is going to retire. I'm sure of it. Although I'm not always right, I have tracked my performance at slightly over 49.99%. This gives me reason to take pause and consider that there is a very slight chance that I could be off on my prediction.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton Manning is going to retire. I'm sure of it. Although I'm not always right, I have tracked my performance at slightly over 49.99%. This gives me reason to take pause and consider that there is a very slight chance that I could be off on my prediction.

Handicappers would be ecstatic with that pct% on any given day