• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So Christian McCaffrey...

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...is basically Theo Riddick?

Or do we give him more time?

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
87809-i-was-right-suck-it-gif-claire-weuc.gif

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...is basically Theo Riddick?

Or do we give him more time?

There is a loooong thread on a different Eagles page that says, "Lesean McCoy is a bust". Have to give him some time but he looks like a slot guy to me, definitely not worth the 8th pick IMO.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was not a fan of the pick, hoping the situation improves. To be fair to him and Stewart as well, the run-blocking has been awful. I, too, expect to see more of CMC in the slot.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keith Byars

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buddy nailed a lot of draft picks but...
Hey, he did catch like 80 passes a year so that's something. Just not what we expected. But yeah Buddy had some good picks. Keith Jackson caught like 12 passes in college and he turned into a monster pass catching tight end. And Jerome Brown was one of the best players I ever saw for the short time he was around.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a loooong thread on a different Eagles page that says, "Lesean McCoy is a bust". Have to give him some time but he looks like a slot guy to me, definitely not worth the 8th pick IMO.
needs time, but he was never gonna be a big b/w the tackles runner, was silly to take at #8, remind me of such great ones as tavon austin and reggie bush that eraly, although bush brought it.......for a few years

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Christian will excel - give more time and better blocking.....
Send him to NE were all shifty white guys go to excel. It's not the player it's the system.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were a lot of Bronco fans wanting the Broncos to trade multiple picks and future picks to move up and get him because he is a local kid and obviously son of a local hero. I was not one of those people. I thought he was a good but not great player that would struggle to live up to the hype. If I'm taking a RB in the 1st I'm viewing them as a top-5 player at their position very early in their career. Fournette and Elliott are the only two recently that I have viewed in that manner. Obviously the kid from Penn State this year is on his way to joining that list.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were a lot of Bronco fans wanting the Broncos to trade multiple picks and future picks to move up and get him because he is a local kid and obviously son of a local hero. I was not one of those people. I thought he was a good but not great player that would struggle to live up to the hype. If I'm taking a RB in the 1st I'm viewing them as a top-5 player at their position very early in their career. Fournette and Elliott are the only two recently that I have viewed in that manner. Obviously the kid from Penn State this year is on his way to joining that list.
I wouldn't have mortgaged the farm for him but depending on where my team sat and the need for RB I would've taken a flyer on him between 8-10. I think when all is said and done he has the potential to be top 10. Mainly based on his receiving ability. He had a slow start but is now starting to heat up. Some players just take a little longer.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't have mortgaged the farm for him but depending on where my team sat and the need for RB I would've taken a flyer on him between 8-10. I think when all is said and done he has the potential to be top 10. Mainly based on his receiving ability. He had a slow start but is now starting to heat up. Some players just take a little longer.

I just was not understanding it for the Broncos. They already signed CJ Anderson to a contract, drafted a RB in the midrounds last year that they really like, and of course signed Charles this offseason. I know all those guys are injury prone but I just figured that was plenty for the position.

And even there I guess for me I'm just not willing to take a RB that high unless I think they are going to completely change how teams have to play us. I didn't feel like McCaffrey was quite to that level. He has a skill set that in the right system can be deadly don't get me wrong but I just didn't see a guy that I could lean on to be a face of the franchise for the next 8-10 years. I have pretty darn high standards when it comes to drafting a RB in the 1st round. Fournette was one guy I was willing to take in the 1st and Elliot. Fournette because teams had to completely fear your running game when he was on the field and Elliot because he was one of the best 3-down RB's that has come out in a while. The kid from Penn State is another as his all around game is just a big play waiting to happen on every touch so again teams have to play differently against those types of RB's. You can build an offense around them. I never felt like you could fully build an offense around McCaffrey. You would always need another RB to help compliment the skills that he is missing.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've seem him twice now, and he's a little bit more than a slot imo...I think you can give him 10-12 carries a game as a RB, in addition to receiving, but he's nowhere near worth 8th overall...the 8th and 9th picks in this past draft were both reaches.

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be Saquon Barkley as well. Has looked very unimpressive as a RB the past month.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's white and a runningback. Not like anyone predicted anything major here. Why the Panthers felt the need to take him top 10 is beyond me.