• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Snail's Pace

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team hiring new HC's are starting to snag all of the top and best OCs and DCs.

The Patriots keep interviewing and not offering anyone a position and losing out. Mayo has to stop trying to be BB or better than BB and start making some decisions about who's going to run what.

Get these people in place and start looking at rebuilding the team.

Sloths and Snails move faster than this team.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team hiring new HC's are starting to snag all of the top and best OCs and DCs.

The Patriots keep interviewing and not offering anyone a position and losing out. Mayo has to stop trying to be BB or better than BB and start making some decisions about who's going to run what.

So now you're doing it to Mayo?????

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You do realize the Kraft's make the final decision right?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jesus can he at least take a piss in his own office before we start putting him on blast? I am in no hurry to hire if we are hiring solely for the purpose of being first in line. It may be he is wanting to move the offense in a new direction and is looking for a very specific mind for that?

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey … are the Belichick boys locked in? … I’m wondering if they were part of the big deal …
it sure looks it

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sweet Jesus…. I guess he is just holding out until you submit your resume. You are known throughout the football community as the greatest mind to ever hold a clipboard.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus can he at least take a piss in his own office before we start putting him on blast? I am in no hurry to hire if we are hiring solely for the purpose of being first in line. It may be he is wanting to move the offense in a new direction and is looking for a very specific mind for that?
It has nothing to do with being first in line. They've reportedly been interviewing coach after coach. Two days later that coach has signed on as an OC or DC somewhere else. Other teams are not sitting on their hands or wringing them trying to decide which way they want to go.

There are eight teams that have hired new head coaches and half of them have already started hiring their staffs.

According to almost every Boston media person's sources it appears that DeMarcus Covington is the "favorite" to be DC and Josh McDaniels may be called about the OC position. Why are Patriots' coaches under BB being considered as change to the past twenty years?

I'm not calling out Mayo, you guys are accusing me of it and I never once mentioned his name. I called out everybody in the process that's involved in these interviews for not being able to get their collective shit together. These coaches that they are interviewing are not sitting back waiting to hear from the Patriots if another team is stepping up and offering them the same job. You can bitch at me all you want, but these guys must be hearing or seeing something that's making them go elsewhere. If that's true, there's more serious problems than we've ever imagined.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has nothing to do with being first in line. They've reportedly been interviewing coach after coach. Two days later that coach has signed on as an OC or DC somewhere else. Other teams are not sitting on their hands or wringing them trying to decide which way they want to go.

There are eight teams that have hired new head coaches and half of them have already started hiring their staffs.

According to almost every Boston media person's sources it appears that DeMarcus Covington is the "favorite" to be DC and Josh McDaniels may be called about the OC position. Why are Patriots' coaches under BB being considered as change to the past twenty years?

I'm not calling out Mayo, you guys are accusing me of it and I never once mentioned his name. I called out everybody in the process that's involved in these interviews for not being able to get their collective shit together. These coaches that they are interviewing are not sitting back waiting to hear from the Patriots if another team is stepping up and offering them the same job. You can bitch at me all you want, but these guys must be hearing or seeing something that's making them go elsewhere. If that's true, there's more serious problems than we've ever imagined.
I don't think any of us or the Boston media know who has been interviewed. It's all been pretty hush. Personally, I have no issues if Josh comes back. Anyone else like I said I have read nothing about anyone being interviewed.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

giphy-downsized-large.gif

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hiring an OC could be difficult. Who in their right mind would want the job? A historically bad offense. No QB… no WR’s… no TE’s…. bad o-line.

Might be more difficult than one thinks.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They’ve been snail-pacing it a bit, for like four years now. They need to shift into snail turbo overdrive if there is such a thing.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Feels to me like they are being very selective

Exactly. They’ve had 8 interviews for the OC. Mayo’s neck is on the line. He’s going to be very selective. Assuming we draft a QB with pick 3, he’s going to want an OC who can mesh and help that QB grow to his potential. Someone who’s worked with QB’s who have blossomed and done well.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler reports Patriots will promote DeMarcus Covington to defensive coordinator.
No official move has been announced but the Patriots are expected to promote from within for their vacant defensive coordinator position, giving DeMarcus Covington his first crack at coordinator duties. Fowler adds “other candidates have been informed that Covington is the guy.”

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler reports the Patriots plan to interview former Bears offensive coordinator Luke Getsy for the team’s offensive coordinator vacancy.
Getsy was let go by the Bears after two seasons as the team’s offensive coordinator. The Bears offense ranked 27th in the NFL in passing yards per game in 2023, but second in rushing yards per game. Getsy’s success on the ground with Justin Fields and the Bears backfield has not gone unnoticed as he has already interviewed with the Raiders and now will meet with the Patriots. The Patriots are a candidate to draft a quarterback, while they also have Rhamondre Stevenson leading a strong ground game. Getsy would most likely work with a rookie quarterback under rookie head coach Jerod Mayo if he fills the Patriots’ offensive coordinator vacancy.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hiring an OC could be difficult. Who in their right mind would want the job? A historically bad offense. No QB… no WR’s… no TE’s…. bad o-line.

Might be more difficult than one thinks.
I nominate Steve Belichick.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3