• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Smoking hot Red Sox visit reeling Rangers 05/03-05/06

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rua kind of messed that one up but I also think they had him playing to shallow considering he has 12 HRs.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they just give him his spot back, would he at least have a short leash with capable guys waiting in the wings?

I think the front office would also look bad by continuing to trot a .200 hitter out there when you have better “ back ups”.
When you invest that kind of money, they almost have to go the distance in hopes they made the right decision especially when his performance makes no difference in a losing season. That is just big business. take my word for it.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WIN:clap::clap:

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you invest that kind of money, they almost have to go the distance in hopes they made the right decision especially when his performance makes no difference in a losing season. That is just big business. take my word for it.
Don't forget the horses.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess I could just root for the team while rooting for Odor to do badly so he could get replaced.

I did the same thing with Mitch. It worked out when we got fielder who was an upgrade, but then we found out he was damaged goods :gaah:

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I could just root for the team while rooting for Odor to do badly so he could get replaced.

I did the same thing with Mitch. It worked out when we got fielder who was an upgrade, but then we found out he was damaged goods :gaah:
He will most likely be replaced but not till the owners are satisfied their investment was given every chance to succeed. It's high up politics. Most of us think he should be sent down but it will not be right away. If you knew me you would know I'm telling you how corporate works. Sleep well.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will most likely be replaced but not till the owners are satisfied their investment was given every chance to succeed. It's high up politics. Most of us think he should be sent down but it will not be right away. If you knew me you would know I'm telling you how corporate works. Sleep well.

I still think it’s bullshit.

Ikf and Profar have both shown more in the past month than Odor has in over a years worth of opportunities.

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Objection! The term "Smoking hot" should be reserved for appropriate females.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think it’s bullshit.

Ikf and Profar have both shown more in the past month than Odor has in over a years worth of opportunities.
You're hopeless

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Checking the box score this morning, and somehow I didn't realize Minor ended up with a Quality Start, statistically speaking.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good business men know when to admit a mistake and go on to something that will make them more money. Stubborn pride will keep people from admitting a mistake and will kill a business. I am not sure if that is what this is or not. It could simply be indecision. That will kill a business too.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good business men know when to admit a mistake and go on to something that will make them more money. Stubborn pride will keep people from admitting a mistake and will kill a business. I am not sure if that is what this is or not. It could simply be indecision. That will kill a business too.

I'm by no means a business expert, but I'm pretty certain the Rougned Odor contract will not sink the Rangers.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm by no means a business expert, but I'm pretty certain the Rougned Odor contract will not sink the Rangers.
The cost of the contract was never the question and going back and looking at the conversation will bear that out.

Making the wrong decision at 2B could mean a huge difference for this team going forward though. A key hit in the postseason can make all the difference in the world baseball-wise. One player can make a huge difference. Look at what Nelson Cruz did for us in the postseason a few years back and we just almost lost him when we all but gave up on him a few years earlier.

I am mainly talking about letting the wrong things control your decision making process though. It is always easy to say that one mistake won't cost anything, but the thinking behind that mistake will lead to other mistakes and they have a cumulative effect.

Baseball is not a typical business model anyway. Many owners look at it as more of an investment than a business to make income off of. Ownership of teams can lose more money than they make on a year-to-year basis, but will more than make that up when they sell the team.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way he should be sent down when the injured players get back.

Odor's return should mean a AAA assignment for Odor

Beltre's return should mean a shift to 2B for IKF

Andrus's return might mean a shift to 2B for Profar and a UTIL role for IKF or a AAA assignment if they want him to play everyday

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Moreland played 1B and Fielder DH'd while they were both here, so Fielder did not replace Moreland

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moreland played 1B and Fielder DH'd while they were both here, so Fielder did not replace Moreland
I think he did replace Moreland in 2014 until Fielder went down with the injury. I believe it was some time during the 2015 season that Fielder went to Banny and told him the team was batter off with Mitch at 1B.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finding glimpses of beauty in a Rangers team that just set a new (undesirable) record

"I've said since the start of spring training that I just wanted to be consistent," Profar said. "Seeing pitches every day has helped me. I know how I'm feeling; I know what I have to do. To come to the ballpark and know that I'm going to play and where I'm going to play, it just makes it a lot easier."

He knows pretty much every day right now, that in addition to playing shortstop, he's going to get an afternoon full of early fielding work with Beasley and Buechele. In his first two weeks at shortstop, he's been inconsistent. That's not a huge surprise for a guy who hasn't played the position in the major leagues regularly since, well, forever. He began the day at minus-4 in defensive runs saved, according to fangraphs.com, making him the lowest-ranked shortstop of the 31 who had at least 100 innings at the position.

There have been errant throws and there have been some mishandled baseballs. The Rangers don't doubt he still has the arm strength to play the position, but they've spent more time working on his setup. It all comes down to footwork, Banister said.

"It does take a lot of refining and a lot of work," Banister said. "He has a skill set to do the job. We're taking the extra steps to continue the development of Jurickson Profar to make him better."

Said Beasley: "We want to make sure he sees plays he will see in the game. When you aren't making those throws daily, you can speed things up a little bit and it can result in a pulled throw. Early on, there were some throws that were inconsistent, but I think he's getting more comfortable. He's doing all the things he didn't do when he wasn't playing shortstop every day."