• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Smith trade , what we actually gave up

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude he just posted like 10 lengthy posts backed with data and facts to support his argument and you're coming back with..."well I could debate it if I wanted too"?

So Moreau won't improve in his 2nd year like Fuller did both coming off first year surgeries what about Holsey oh and don't forget Cousins would have demanded over 30 million a year limiting what we could do in free agency and signing our own players to extensions

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I can but you're the one that keeps saying its a bad trade which it is not
i think the above posts clearly blow that notion out of the water on any debating point you wish to bring up

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Moreau won't improve in his 2nd year like Fuller did both coming off first year surgeries what about Holsey oh and don't forget Cousins would have demanded over 30 million a year limiting what we could do in free agency and signing our own players to extensions
just because fuller did that , and he did have vastly more rookie snaps the FM doesnt mean FM can . and hosley was a 7th round pick with 9 snaps and that makes us better ?

we dont know what KC's demands woulda . coulda or shoulda been . all we do know is he wasnt offered anything resembling market value

you lack of understanding the cap is another point you fail to realize by not understanding guaranteed money

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just stop it we did the best we could Since Kirk wants out

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just because fuller did that , and he did have vastly more rookie snaps the FM doesnt mean FM can . and hosley was a 7th round pick with 9 snaps and that makes us better ?

we dont know what KC's demands woulda . coulda or shoulda been . all we do know is he wasnt offered anything resembling market value

you lack of understanding the cap is another point you fail to realize by not understanding guaranteed money

his cap hit would of been over 30 million just stop he would of been paid a hell of a lot more then Grap got paid

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happen if we already have a trade partner in the first rd to get are 3rd pick back um from a team that pick like 17-31

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his cap hit would of been over 30 million just stop he would of been paid a hell of a lot more then Grap got paid

Grap got $137M total contract value.

I expect Cousins to get in the $150M total contract value range.

150-137= 13

IM just saying

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happens we lose out in the 3rd but pick up a extra 5 rd pick and 6rd pick etc etc i would not worry at all about the 3rd pick Bruce would pick up the wrong player anyways @skinsdad62 @Sharkinva @Stymietee

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. That's a massive assumption to make. Mostly likely moreau will not improve like that.
2. Even if he did we gave up one of the best young corners in the NFL. That. Is. Bad.
3. Holsey is a 7th round pick. Any plan that relies on him to replace a good player is a bad plan.
4. So cousins would have cost more than smith... he'd also be better and younger than smith so that isn't really a problem.

Do you have any legitimate defenses of the trade?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again your lack of understanding the cap and how guarantees are spread out betray you thinking process

get educated and come back with something tangible

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. That's a massive assumption to make. Mostly likely moreau will not improve like that.
2. Even if he did we gave up one of the best young corners in the NFL. That. Is. Bad.
3. Holsey is a 7th round pick. Any plan that relies on him to replace a good player is a bad plan.
4. So cousins would have cost more than smith... he'd also be better and younger than smith so that isn't really a problem.

Do you have any legitimate defenses of the trade?

here is the kicker , if FM did exactly what fuller did we would have 2 young starting CBS and norman could be expendable in 2019 . thus saving cap space . now we have an old declining cb and an old stop gap qb

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happens we lose out in the 3rd but pick up a extra 5 rd pick and 6rd pick etc etc i would not worry at all about the 3rd pick Bruce would pick up the wrong player anyways @skinsdad62 @Sharkinva @Stymietee
typically coach 5th and 6th rounders arent solutions to issues . the odds favor 3rd rounders in your scenario as the above posts make clear

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here is the kicker , if FM did exactly what fuller did we would have 2 young starting CBS and norman could be expendable in 2019 . thus saving cap space . now we have an old declining cb and an old stop gap qb

Yup. Moreau being great is irrelevant to this trade. Either way we gave up an excellent young corner.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look my posts have addressed every talking point used to say this is a good trade . it isnt . right now on paper we took a step back on pass offense , pass defense , and draft capitol . we got older at qb and for lesser performance .

now if they can show me data that obliterates my position backed up by real data above i will listen

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude he just posted like 10 lengthy posts backed with data and facts to support his argument and you're coming back with..."well I could debate it if I wanted too"?

But CountryDumbAss said so without a single fact or any clue.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i love when people comment with ," not reading all the stuff above " i think blah blah blah . if you read all of the above you would know that this statement "The FO decided that giving up a Fuller was the price we had to pay to save millions in QB pay over the next several years. It’s the price of doing business." is a false narrative as it is shown above by the data

by the statements above you would also know the narrative that CDC is better qb then KC doesnt hold water

by the statements above you would also know that the narrative that the trade was the only option was in fact false yet again

and of course the "he would have never signed " and that being fact was also questioned

I don’t have time to read and digest all that stuff skinsdad. I skimmed over it. Thanks for spending the time to put it together.

But what you can’t seem to admit, understand, something, is that I don’t care about who has the best stats...it’s all SPECULATIVE. The fan base and media alike is probably 50/50 in this trade, As well as what KC and ALEX Smith are as QBs, you make it seem like us puppets are in the small minority. You have this pompous “matter of fact” way of putting things that portrays you as being a know it all. Fact is, none of us know how this is going to work out. I appreciate the debate. But my eyes tell me that AS is just as good or better than KC. There is no reason to believe that after one very good season, that Kendall Fuller will be good enough or stay healthy enough to be a perennial all pro. No one has saidbthatvitvwasbthe only option... but perhaps the best safest option.

Time will tell. Until this all shakes out a year or two from now, none of us really knows who is better or if this trade will be worth it.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What happens? ...Bruce would take that 5th rounder and trade it for a 7th, then select Nate Sudfield Jr.:D

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t have time to read and digest all that stuff skinsdad. I skimmed over it. Thanks for spending the time to put it together.

But what you can’t seem to admit, understand, something, is that I don’t care about who has the best stats...it’s all SPECULATIVE. The fan base and media alike is probably 50/50 in this trade, As well as what KC and ALEX Smith are as QBs, you make it seem like us puppets are in the small minority. You have this pompous “matter of fact” way of putting things that portrays you as being a know it all. Fact is, none of us know how this is going to work out. I appreciate the debate. But my eyes tell me that AS is just as good or better than KC. There is no reason to believe that after one very good season, that Kendall Fuller will be good enough or stay healthy enough to be a perennial all pro. No one has saidbthatvitvwasbthe only option... but perhaps the best safest option.

Time will tell. Until this all shakes out a year or two from now, none of us really knows who is better or if this trade will be worth it.

Stats are not speculative. Stats are facts.

Puppets are a small minority.

It is true that nobody knows how this will workout. At this point we are speculating. Intelligent people speculate on something tangible such as facts.

How do your eyes tell you AS is as good? What makes him as good?

Unless we make a big run with Alex Smith as he man, the trade will not have been worth it. You don’t trade the best slot CB in football for a 34 year old QB unless you plan on making a run.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The legend Nate Sudfield has a Superbowl Ring he will get more .. his time is not Now the question is when??he has more rings then H.O.F Jim kelly and Dan Marino..im sure there are others his time will cometh

Last edited: