• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Smack Talk Thread

buried_in_snow

Capt Fucking Awesome
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it's okay to talk smack in this thread, which resides on a team specific board?

Or will my posts get reported by a select few skins fans which prompts PMs from several mods?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it's okay to talk smack in this thread, which resides on a team specific board?

Or will my posts get reported by a select few skins fans which prompts PMs from several mods?

IN this thread.. you can talk ALL the smack you want.

How ever... (And Im not a MOD mind you) Personal attacks, calling some ones momma a fatass or threatening other posters with physical confrontation will not be tolerated.

Aside from that... have at it cuz. :)

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if your referring to reptec the answer is never he earned himself a perma ban right out of the gate

i like reptec but if he was trolling what can you do ?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

so far as i can tell buried in snow you havent been trolling .

so far you have posted an opinion and didnt go out to ruin threads

i dont think anyone has issues with that

buried_in_snow

Capt Fucking Awesome
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IN this thread.. you can talk ALL the smack you want.

How ever... (And Im not a MOD mind you) Personal attacks, calling some ones momma a fatass or threatening other posters with physical confrontation will not be tolerated.

Aside from that... have at it cuz. :)

In the thread(s) I was warned in (via PM) I never once resorted to personal attacks, mommy jokes or threatening anyone in anyway.

Just presented an opposing perspective. Which apparently wasn't liked very much by one or two posters.

You know me shark, we go way back... don't think you'd consider me one who looks to incite for no other reason than wanting to incite posters.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like reptec but if he was trolling what can you do ?

He signed up a bunch of alts, after we restricted him from the Cowboys forum. If he had chilled, could have dealt with the guy, but he pretty much forced our hand.

buried_in_snow

Capt Fucking Awesome
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so far as i can tell buried in snow you havent been trolling .

so far you have posted an opinion and didnt go out to ruin threads

i dont think anyone has issues with that

Well one did, and reported me enough to have two mods PM me about it.

Was a bit perplexed considering one of the mods answered a question I posed in a thread in the "site suggestions questions" forum asking them what exactly is tolerated on a team specific board. I never once crossed the line they drew.

Oh well... I know it's not on me so....

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the thread(s) I was warned in (via PM) I never once resorted to personal attacks, mommy jokes or threatening anyone in anyway.

Just presented an opposing perspective. Which apparently wasn't liked very much by one or two posters.

You know me shark, we go way back... don't think you'd consider me one who looks to incite for no other reason than wanting to incite posters.

Yea i know you. Never considered you an actual troll. But I put it out there for everyone to read. As I said, Im not a MOD. But I will actively engage in reporting trolls. IM sure you and I will debate as the season goes on. Im all for opposite perspectives, but if you put it out there, be able to defend it. Otherwise, keep it where it belongs.... in the smack talk thread.

I think every team board needs one of these.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He signed up a bunch of alts, after we restricted him from the Cowboys forum. If he had chilled, could have dealt with the guy, but he pretty much forced our hand.

hey what can you do ? it is his own fault

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always found it funny that I was accused of being a troll once or twice.:wtf2:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Was a bit perplexed considering one of the mods answered a question I posed in a thread in the "site suggestions questions" forum asking them what exactly is tolerated on a team specific board. I never once crossed the line they drew.

i wish that didnt happen to you . i never had an issue with you either here or on espn . i think the mods here are cool and i hope some of the uptight people chill out

to me you are a fan of a rival and you debate issues . you dont park on our boards causing trouble a la a 767 etc

buried_in_snow

Capt Fucking Awesome
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always found it funny that I was accused of being a troll once or twice.:wtf2:

I know.

I remember goldenster (the ultimate homer) and others would accuse you of being a "cowboys troll in sheep's clothing" because you would present opposing views about your own team. lol

buried_in_snow

Capt Fucking Awesome
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wish that didnt happen to you . i never had an issue with you either here or on espn . i think the mods here are cool and i hope some of the uptight people chill out

to me you are a fan of a rival and you debate issues . you dont park on our boards causing trouble a la a 767 etc

Yeah I appreciate that. I think I remember 767... Laz something prior maybe?

Of course there was always Fletch too. From an outsider's perspective he was hilarious, but I could see how that would gnaw at your craw 24/7 as a fan.

It reminded me of 81Owens81 aka AmericasTeamAdvocate (and the other 100 names he had) on the Giants board.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know.

I remember goldenster (the ultimate homer) and others would accuse you of being a "cowboys troll in sheep's clothing" because you would present opposing views about your own team. lol

think any one that knows me, knows IM a Die Hard Skins fan, but I also reserve the right to Not agree with every move the team has made over the years. I will say I think we are headed in the right direction finally.

And this being the smack talk thread.... we are going to be a pain in the ass of Dallas Philly and NY over the next few seasons. :yahoo::yahoo:

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember, there's a huge influx of new folks, so the reins will be tight in the early going. There's a lot of work for the mods, so I think the bar is a bit lower right now until everything settles and everyone's personality becomes a bit more known. I think in time what is trolling and what is good old fashioned trash talk will be easier to decipher for them.

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For the record, I haven't seen anything bad from you, either, buried. Did they clue you in to what comment they were concerned with?

buried_in_snow

Capt Fucking Awesome
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, I haven't seen anything bad from you, either, buried. Did they clue you in to what comment they were concerned with?

It wasn't a specific comment rather the time I spent in a thread debating with a specific poster.

:noidea: