• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Six game suspension for Von

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Malibu,

How does only bringing up Moore's play make someone a homer? That was one play you could cite that if handled properly the game would have ended in a Manning kneel and not a Manning INT. You also missed Prater's botched field goal in your list.

Why is there so much angst from you about homers? Should we never ever talk anything positive about the team we support? I am pretty sure the ravens fans bombarding this board are not calling us homers as much as you have been. We all get it that the broncos did not play the best in the playoffs. We all get it that we are not SB bound. This is the one time of year where every fan from every team can talk trash on each other because we still have hope of a 19-0 season no matter how remote the possibility. We all have been sitting around for the last 6 months waiting for football and now that it is finally here you want us to temper ourselves and what? Talk about how great other teams are?

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"We all get it that we are not SB bound."

Should clarify, SB bound, YET.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do people still just blame Moore? Manning screwed up as well and Champ was a Chump the whole game. There are many reasons why Denver lost that game just not one player. Damn homers.

Manning screwed up in OT true. His other int was off of a tipped pass from a play that could have and perhaps should have been called defensive PI.

He threw 3 TDs and close to 300 yards against a top notch defense.

With less than 45 seconds to play and a whole field to drive with no time outs there is no excuse to be in a position to misjudge the ball, let alone terribly misjudging the ball.

It was that pathetic, and regardless of how bad Champ looked in the first half, he did not let anything in the second half.

It is a joke, and in my estimation Moore gets ALL of the blame.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"We all get it that we are not SB bound."

Should clarify, SB bound, YET.

Haha had me worried for a second. I think the Broncos demise that the media has been playing out is a little over the top. They keep talking about how our injuries are getting to the point that we cannot overcome them yet the Broncos have only lost one actual starter in JD Walton and there is thought he will be back by midseason. Bradley I guess could be counted among that group but from the sounds of it Woodyard was in the process of switching and I don't think any of us were too upset when he went down. All the other guys are expected to be ready for week one with Champ being the only one that "Might" not be ready.

I understand losing Von Miller hurts as you don't lose a guy like that and just expect to replace what he brings but it is not like we are facing a ton of top 10 teams in the NFL those first 6 weeks either. I mean the Jaguars and Raiders might be fighting it out for the first overall pick in the draft come April. It just seems like they are acting like we have now lost him for the season. To me if there was any point for him to be suspended it was the first part of the season before we have all our division games and play some of the top teams in the AFC with Houston and New England.

If nothing else this offense looks poised to be able to put up over 30 a game and can handle getting into some early shootouts. I guess we shall see though.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the suspension hitting us in the first 6 games works nicely. I think at worst we go 3-3 and that gives a similar start as last year. Most of our tougher games are later in the season and we are part of the AFC worst. It actually might be a blessing to go 10-6 or 11-5 and have to play throughout the playoffs instead of getting that time off. Top seeded playoff teams have not been having the best record in the post-season.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the suspension hitting us in the first 6 games works nicely. I think at worst we go 3-3 and that gives a similar start as last year. Most of our tougher games are later in the season and we are part of the AFC worst. It actually might be a blessing to go 10-6 or 11-5 and have to play throughout the playoffs instead of getting that time off. Top seeded playoff teams have not been having the best record in the post-season.

I think the Denverpost recently had an article saying the Broncos would do better to be the 3 or 4 seed compared to one of those that gets a week off. Honestly with how much the AFC is down right now 11-5 might still get you one of the top seeds this year. Houston is maybe the only team I can see being better than 11-5 and that is more because they play a pretty easy division. Even them though as they will be playing the NFC West might struggle to get to that 11-5 or 12-4 mark this season.

Right now the idea of getting to the playoffs is the most important part not whether you have homefield throughout the playoffs or not. In all actuality last year having home field hurt some because the cold weather hindered our pass game and without a run game at the end of the game we were not able to close the game out. I would rather go to Houston and play an away game than play in another below freezing game.

HOF-ELWAY-7

Speed Kills
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jan 12th was a bad day all around. Everytime the Broncos got something going, something bad happened. I've posted on CBS for many years and other then railing against the replacement refs I've never blamed the refs for a Bronco loss but that was a terrible game from those refs. The weather was in Baltimore's favor, the refs sucked and called terrible penalties at critical times and the Broncos made bad mistakes at crucial times. The Ravens won and capitalized on those mistakes / bad calls. The biggest blunder was Moore's middle school type play. You win the game in those situations 99.2% of the time. Yeah, I blame Moore as well. A decent play on the ball results in at least in a knock down or a INT as Jones had to wait for the ball. That game NEVER should have got to the 5th quarter. That said I think Moore's going to be a good player for the Broncos, he just made a huge blunder on a giant stage at the wrong time.