• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sigh, same o same o

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see you Breed

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Very premature statements & sounds like something that this guy pulled out of his ass. Of course this depends on how the Redskins play over the next month. Even if they lose almost all of these games but play close & well it could still buy Gruden some time.

As for Haskins - let's say Keenum plays at or near the level he did on Sun - why in the hell would you then replace him with Haskins? Later in the season - perhaps but not this early.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very premature statements & sounds like something that this guy pulled out of his ass. Of course this depends on how the Redskins play over the next month. Even if they lose almost all of these games but play close & well it could still buy Gruden some time.

As for Haskins - let's say Keenum plays at or near the level he did on Sun - why in the hell would you then replace him with Haskins? Later in the season - perhaps but not this early.

Rumors out there make it easy to believe Gruden is a lame duck coach. O'Connell, seemingly coming out of no where to take an assistant job with the Skins in 1 year was promoted to OC by-passing O'Callaghan, Cavanaugh and others. Haskins is the future and with 2nd half results like this past Sunday, this team clearly will be on the outside looking in by the bye week if this continues. No reason to think it won't since this is what we have become accustomed to during Gruden's tenure. He and Manusky will not change their stripes now. Hence, the AP decision last week which was a God Awful move by Gruden. We have ALL seen enough of Gruden to know what he is. He can have this season since we know with him at the top we are going nowhere. At year's end, he is gone. Good riddance and I hope Bruce follows him right out the door...

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The fans don't make decisions about coach or QB so it doesn't matter much what we think. Sure it can have some influence, but Snyder has shown on many occasions that he doesn't really care about the thoughts of the fans (rightfully so in some cases).

The poor 2nd half on Sun had very little to do with Keenum (outside of the one missed TD opportunity to McClaurin). Most likely Haskins will get his chance - why rush it? The worst scenario would be playing musical QBs with Keenum & Haskins if they both have mixed results. Regardless of the coach they need to be patient at the QB position.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fans don't make decisions about coach or QB so it doesn't matter much what we think. Sure it can have some influence, but Snyder has shown on many occasions that he doesn't really care about the thoughts of the fans (rightfully so in some cases).

The poor 2nd half on Sun had very little to do with Keenum (outside of the one missed TD opportunity to McClaurin). Most likely Haskins will get his chance - why rush it? The worst scenario would be playing musical QBs with Keenum & Haskins if they both have mixed results. Regardless of the coach they need to be patient at the QB position.
While we don’t make the direct decisions on personnel, indirectly we do have influence. That is with out wallets. And based on how attendance at the Redskins home games has dropped dramatically in the last few years, the front office has to be fretting on how to change this trajectory. The problem is that this front office doesn’t have the ability to analyze what is really upsetting the fan base and make appropriate changes. For if they did, they would have to come to the conclusion that the first order of business is to fire themselves. And that ain’t gonna happen.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While we don’t make the direct decisions on personnel, indirectly we do have influence. That is with out wallets. And based on how attendance at the Redskins home games has dropped dramatically in the last few years, the front office has to be fretting on how to change this trajectory. The problem is that this front office doesn’t have the ability to analyze what is really upsetting the fan base and make appropriate changes. For if they did, they would have to come to the conclusion that the first order of business is to fire themselves. And that ain’t gonna happen.

Yep ultimately it comes down to the owner & obviously he will be in DC for a long time. I still believe that the FO is making positive changes & you see it in things like good, recent drafts. However they still have a ways to go.

If they had an effective coaching staff I would be relatively satisfied with the current product. The team is not great, but it shows potential & appears to have a good nucleus. I guess that Gruden & co still have few months to prove that they can do an effective job with some luck in the health dept. I doubt that they will, but I would love to be proven wrong.

The more likely situation is that Gruden & staff have very limited success & they are a contributing factor. If it pans out like that the key will be who they bring as head coach (from within or from the outside). I don't agree that they can't find a good head coach for this team especially when the best option will be a young up & coming asst who will be hungry to run just about any NFL team (screw retreads like Jon Gruden or Cowher).

I expect the next 4 games to mainly be Ls & I don't have a major issue if it pans out that way yet the team plays hard & doesn't beat itself & the coaching staff isn't a major contributor to any big issues. One thing that does bother me that I see here & elsewhere is folks always saying "It isn't Gruden's fault" in regards to losses or issues. Jeez - is that the best that you can say about a head coach? The team needs to find a coach who will set the tone & move this team in the rt direction in terms of success - not somebody whose best attribute is that he isn't the one responsible for losses.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep ultimately it comes down to the owner & obviously he will be in DC for a long time. I still believe that the FO is making positive changes & you see it in things like good, recent drafts. However they still have a ways to go.

If they had an effective coaching staff I would be relatively satisfied with the current product. The team is not great, but it shows potential & appears to have a good nucleus. I guess that Gruden & co still have few months to prove that they can do an effective job with some luck in the health dept. I doubt that they will, but I would love to be proven wrong.

The more likely situation is that Gruden & staff have very limited success & they are a contributing factor. If it pans out like that the key will be who they bring as head coach (from within or from the outside). I don't agree that they can't find a good head coach for this team especially when the best option will be a young up & coming asst who will be hungry to run just about any NFL team (screw retreads like Jon Gruden or Cowher).

I expect the next 4 games to mainly be Ls & I don't have a major issue if it pans out that way yet the team plays hard & doesn't beat itself & the coaching staff isn't a major contributor to any big issues. One thing that does bother me that I see here & elsewhere is folks always saying "It isn't Gruden's fault" in regards to losses or issues. Jeez - is that the best that you can say about a head coach? The team needs to find a coach who will set the tone & move this team in the rt direction in terms of success - not somebody whose best attribute is that he isn't the one responsible for losses.
I pretty much agree. While player lack of execution may not directly be Gruden's fault, the overall demeanor of the team is his direct responsibility. And as I have been saying for the last few years, Gruden's teams seem to rarely have that burning desire to win. Moreover, they are way too often unprepared and come out flat, especially in big games. I think this is a direct reflection of Gruden himself. Gruden should come down hard on the likes of a Moses and his holding penalties. Stop blaming the refs. More times that not, he gets beat and all he can do is hold to save the sack. Let them make excuses and you are all but condoning the problem.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i would take 3 tds and 380 yds from CK any day .. he wont ever approach those numbers

if we play for 60 minutes like we did in the first half we will win the majority of our games period

and yeah why rush it on haskins . ? if case falters in his play then look at it