• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sick of it ...

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sick to death tired of everytime Tannehill drops back to pass, I nearly eat half my fingers off wondering how long he will be left standing and not picking himself up off of the field. This O-line has just been horribe and Tanny has been sacked far more than any other QB in the league ... it's not even close.

And ... these so-called receivers??? They should be named 'droppers'. I cant think of the last time I have seen so many dropped passes by a team than my Fins. I knew Wallace was overpaid & over-rated when we signed when everybody else was creamin in their jeans. I said it once, and I'll say it again ... the dude is not a possession wide receiver and he has proven it all over again ... one of the main reasons the Steelers were smart by letting him go and NOT paying the paycheck he & his camp were demanding. Yes, he's a speedster and a deep ball threat, but what good is he, really, if he cant catch balls put right on his numbers or in his hands? He is NOT worth the $$$ he is getting paid ... he's a prima donna ... that's it.

I hope to God, during this bye week, that we shore up that pitiful pass protection (or lack thereof) and make our receivers eat, sleep and drink catching footballs. This team could easily be 4-1 and tied for 1st place in this division.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok then. let's take minute here. yes, the pass protection has been sub-par. yes, wallace has dropped some balls. however, tannehill has underthrown him several times this year as well when he has clearly had 3-5 yards on the corner, causing wallace to slow down and make a more difficult catch. now, can you honestly tell me that in august, if going into the bye the dolphins would be 3-2, with that schedule, you wouldn't jump at it? we all know that we would have taken it in a heart beat. let's hope they work on some things during the bye. they come back with weakest remaining schedule in the afc. hopefully run game improves and opens up more play action as well.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok then. let's take minute here. yes, the pass protection has been sub-par. yes, wallace has dropped some balls. however, tannehill has underthrown him several times this year as well when he has clearly had 3-5 yards on the corner, causing wallace to slow down and make a more difficult catch. now, can you honestly tell me that in august, if going into the bye the dolphins would be 3-2, with that schedule, you wouldn't jump at it? we all know that we would have taken it in a heart beat. let's hope they work on some things during the bye. they come back with weakest remaining schedule in the afc. hopefully run game improves and opens up more play action as well.

I think you miss the true point of the topic here. I am semi-satisfied with a 3-2 record, but it could very well be 4-1. I'm looking at this team in the micro sense ... and u seem to be lookin at it in the macro. This team has lost game(s) that it probably shouldnt have b/c of a lack of fundamentals. You cannot expect a second year QB (who was an ex-WR in college, b4 shifting to QB during his last year and played the position for all of 9 games) to be given less than 3 secs to find an open receiver (or one that wont drop it when he puts it there most of the time) instead of picking himself up off of the ground. Dont you get that? He has been sacked, by far, more than any other QB in the league and I'm not buying that he holds on to the football too long. He simply has NARY a chance, NOR THE TIME, to find somebody in that limited time that he does/doesn't get b/c of that pathetic pass protection. This team could be so much better if he had more time to get through his progression(s) instead of having to worry about getting clobbered if the ball isnt being thrown to someone/somewhere on the field in 3 seconds or less!

Last edited by a moderator:

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dolphins have multiple mays to improve the offense & protect Tannehill better. The pass blocking is an issue but only part of the problem. Opposing defenses have little to no respect for the Fins' running game. The Fins have to establish the run so that they can keep defenses from focusing on just stopping the passing game. More called runs, Quick pass plays & screens can get an overly agressive defense back on it's heels. Individually the Oline needs to block better. I expected a little more from Clabo. Martin hasn't been an all star but he hasn't been the weakest link either. All the Olineman are capable of better. RE Wallace: I agree that he drops balls that are catchable. Sometimes Tannehill hits him in the numbers, in stride & he drops it. Other times Tannehill will lead the ball and Wallace away from an oncoming defender. RE Tannehill getting hit a lot. He's a tough player yet if they dont change both some of the calls on offense & block better the Fins really risk having their franchise QB injured. Also Tannehill needs to learn when to get rid of the ball or use his athleticism to avoid the rush. Overall the offense is better than last year yet I expected a few more big blocks from Clabo & other Olinemen & a more L Miller big gains. The schedule will get easier now for the Fins. I'd like to see them get on another winning streak. They started the season 3-0. They are capable.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THey'll win tomorrow because they will run and the oline has been embarrassed.....