• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should TMac get fired?

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know its been thrown out there, but could it really happen? :eek: Sure this team has played horrible in the last 2 weeks, but I don't remember a stretch like this one since R. Suter was fired. The team looks totally different from last years team, and 90% of the team is the same. WTF is going on????

I know the coach can only do so much, and its up to the players to perform but something is wrong in the dressing room. All we need is for a out burst between Marleau/Thornton against Tmac on the bench while being taped on tv. Then its going to be like the 49ers of this year...:eek:

I do believe that during TMac 1st yr with the team that something changed once the all star break came. After that point the Sharks never looked Fast and dominated a team again, like how they did when they started that season. I could be wrong, but I just remembered how fun it was to watch the Sharks.

Ohwell that was my thought.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know its been thrown out there, but could it really happen? :eek: Sure this team has played horrible in the last 2 weeks, but I don't remember a stretch like this one since R. Suter was fired. The team looks totally different from last years team, and 90% of the team is the same. WTF is going on????

I know the coach can only do so much, and its up to the players to perform but something is wrong in the dressing room. All we need is for a out burst between Marleau/Thornton against Tmac on the bench while being taped on tv. Then its going to be like the 49ers of this year...:eek:

I do believe that during TMac 1st yr with the team that something changed once the all star break came. After that point the Sharks never looked Fast and dominated a team again, like how they did when they started that season. I could be wrong, but I just remembered how fun it was to watch the Sharks.

Ohwell that was my thought.

DW should be the one fired, not McClellan. Remember the quote by DW after he fired Ron Wilson when the Sharks were eliminated by Dallas in the 2008 playoffs? Something to the effect of the classroom needing a new teacher. The classroom is still behaving in a similar manner with the new teacher, so maybe the district should fire the school's principal.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If TMac gets fired, then he's just being scapegoated for Doug's failures. Should he get fired? I don't think so. Will he get fired? Possibly.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nope, firing the coach sends the wrong message. And it gives the players yet another free pass. Trades should happen long before Tmac should be fired

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If no trades are made, or the proper trades are not made, then DW should be fired.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This current screwed up situation was not caused by McClellan, and it seems like he's made a great effort to get through to the stiffs on the roster.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, firing the coach sends the wrong message. And it gives the players yet another free pass. Trades should happen long before Tmac should be fired

Totally agree. Joe's coach in BOS (don't know name) couldn't get the best out of him. RWil couldn't get the best out of the team. TMac can't get the best out of the team. There's a common denominator here and it isn't the coach.

Stackem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd ask a series of questions, with the assumption that the goal of the organization is to win a championship (which it may not be, who knows). To that end:

Under Doug's guidance, have the sharks won a championship? No.

Has Doug effectively managed the cap and roster? No. Has had freedom to spend like no other sharks GM, and still not delivered. Contracts for Huskins, Walin, and the 2 goalies is straight up robbery, and will cripple the sharks ability to make any meaningful signings and/or trades. The NTC's in the big 3 contracts, mean the team is shackled to them for the long haul. Fail. This is bad and not going to get better anytime soon.

Under Doug's guidance, have the sharks shown year over year improvements leading to a potential championship? I would say definite no to this over the last 2 years, and its debatable prior to that. If you think a championship team can be built around Joe and Paddy, then you'd probably say yes, the issues then has been an inability to fill all the other supporting roles (still, failed). If you're like me, and think this is all a waste of time till a new core is built, then no, sharks never had the right personnel in place to begin with, again fail.

I say its time to move on and give someone else a shot. Someone will ask who. I don't know who, I do know that this isn't working. There have to be some bright young minds out there that will eventually be top notch GM's. Time to find them.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yawney should be fired but not McLellan.

Stackem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd ask a series of questions, with the assumption that the goal of the organization is to win a championship (which it may not be, who knows). To that end:

Under Doug's guidance, have the sharks won a championship? No.

Has Doug effectively managed the cap and roster? No. Has had freedom to spend like no other sharks GM, and still not delivered. Contracts for Huskins, Walin, and the 2 goalies is straight up robbery, and will cripple the sharks ability to make any meaningful signings and/or trades. The NTC's in the big 3 contracts, mean the team is shackled to them for the long haul. Fail. This is bad and not going to get better anytime soon.

Under Doug's guidance, have the sharks shown year over year improvements leading to a potential championship? I would say definite no to this over the last 2 years, and its debatable prior to that. If you think a championship team can be built around Joe and Paddy, then you'd probably say yes, the issues then has been an inability to fill all the other supporting roles (still, failed). If you're like me, and think this is all a waste of time till a new core is built, then no, sharks never had the right personnel in place to begin with, again fail.

I say its time to move on and give someone else a shot. Someone will ask who. I don't know who, I do know that this isn't working. There have to be some bright young minds out there that will eventually be top notch GM's. Time to find them.

Oops sorry, went astray with that one. No the TMac question. Can you guess how I feel about Doug... lol :cool:

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oops sorry, went astray with that one. No the TMac question. Can you guess how I feel about Doug... lol :cool:

I agree with you about Wilson. He's the problem, not McClellan. We'll see what move(s), if any, he makes here in the next month. He should be running out of chances based on the playoff failures of the last few seasons. At this rate, we won't have to see another playoff failure this year.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree. Joe's coach in BOS (don't know name) couldn't get the best out of him. RWil couldn't get the best out of the team. TMac can't get the best out of the team. There's a common denominator here and it isn't the coach.

No real surprise that Thornton has previously stated that he's not interested in a long-term contract, which works out well for the Sharks.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, at this point, they've tried different approaches to coaching philosophy.....I appreciate what DWil has done for the organization, but he's ran himself out of scapegoats the last two offseasons imho.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, at this point, they've tried different approaches to coaching philosophy.....I appreciate what DWil has done for the organization, but he's ran himself out of scapegoats the last two offseasons imho.

I've turned on DWil as well. I was defending him even into the start of the season. I thought for sure he would make improvements defensively. It's obvious they were needed. I have to wonder though if he even realizes there's problems with these guys. I'd be fine with bringing in a new GM.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Still waiting to see, what happens. I mean he cant stand pat with the defense as it is and expect this team to do something.

Seto has stalled and needs a change of scenery. Maybe Atlanta, can send a dman who can make a pass for Seto. If Dwill stands pat, then it tells me he has no ability to make a deal or is afraid to take that chance.