• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should I be nervous for Houston?

Ucf2013fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple question. As a ucf fan, should I be worried about Houston or will ucf blow them out?

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCF will blow'em out.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be nervous, but UCF should win.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be nervous, but UCF should win.

Ten point favorites at home and facing a freshman QB. I'm still going to watch, though.

KnightAndDay

Separate or shoot to kill
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,129.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't be surprised if it was decided by a TD or less, honestly. However, UCF is more battle-tested, more experienced and overall more talented. I see UCF winning by at least 2 TD's, probably more.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't be surprised if it was decided by a TD or less, honestly. However, UCF is more battle-tested, more experienced and overall more talented. I see UCF winning by at least 2 TD's, probably more.

Link? LOL I happen to think that UH has some pretty good talent, but perhaps you are right.

KnightAndDay

Separate or shoot to kill
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,129.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Link? LOL I happen to think that UH has some pretty good talent, but perhaps you are right.

I wasn't trying to put down your team. My apologies if you took it that way. "Overall more talented" as in bigger, more physical and able to compete against other bigger, more physical teams. Not saying Houston can't, but losing to their only decent opponent until now and struggling against Temple, South Florida etc., I can't see Houston going on the road and beating UCF.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't trying to put down your team. My apologies if you took it that way. "Overall more talented" as in bigger, more physical and able to compete against other bigger, more physical teams. Not saying Houston can't, but losing to their only decent opponent until now and struggling against Temple, South Florida etc., I can't see Houston going on the road and beating UCF.

No problem. We shall see. :suds:

Ucf2013fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I worry that this will be the yearly GOL letdown-wtf are you doing game. Maybe that was the Memphis game, but I worry that it is this game.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I worry that this will be the yearly GOL letdown-wtf are you doing game. Maybe that was the Memphis game, but I worry that it is this game.

I think a lot of college football fans have seen their team lose games that they were expecting to win and then call that a "letdown-wtf are you doing game" that they blame on the HC. Seems to me that the coaches most likely don't have as much to do with those losses as do the players on both teams. Not predicting that Houston wins, but if they do, I think it will have more to do with the players on UCF and UH. O' Leary is a good coach. I'm sure that he's done his job as well this week as he does every week.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
where did the UCF fans come from??

anyways

yes they should

Houston has a very good team, good offense and their defense causes turnovers.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
where did the UCF fans come from??

anyways

yes they should

Houston has a very good team, good offense and their defense causes turnovers.

Good post. Only team to have scored in each quarter of each game all year and leading the country in take aways with 29. Still, figures to be a tough task in Orlando tomorrow night. Eat 'em up, Cougs!

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you'll win, but...

Houston kind of throttled Rutgers, fwiw. If it was last year I'd say no. But they've been somewhat surprising to me this year. Their starting RB graduated, and took himself and his last year of eligibility to West Virginia. And still, Houston has been winning.

I'll watch, and I think UCF will win.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good post. Only team to have scored in each quarter of each game all year and leading the country in take aways with 29. Still, figures to be a tough task in Orlando tomorrow night. Eat 'em up, Cougs!

indeed sir, this is the game that will decide the conference

*takes a moment to LOL at Louisville because they were supposed to dominate it*

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Houston kind of throttled Rutgers, fwiw. If it was last year I'd say no. But they've been somewhat surprising to me this year. Their starting RB graduated, and took himself and his last year of eligibility to West Virginia. And still, Houston has been winning.

I don't know what Houston did this offseason, I know their coach preached forcing turnovers and not turning it over, maybe that's been the difference

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Charles Simms is the guy you're talking about. I expected losing him to hurt more than it has. The two RBs this year, Kenneth Farrow and Ryan Jackson, have filled the void pretty well.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
indeed sir, this is the game that will decide the conference

*takes a moment to LOL at Louisville because they were supposed to dominate it*

I give UCF a lot of credit for coming back to beat them in Louisville. That was a really good game. UH has to play there a week from tomorrow.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what Houston did this offseason, I know their coach preached forcing turnovers and not turning it over, maybe that's been the difference

I give David Gibbs, our new DC a lot of credit. Also have several nice players on the defense, led by MLB Derrick Mathews. Probably too small to play in the NFL, but the kid is an absolute stud!