• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SF Giants Pitches

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Giant are build around pitchings just like the Braves were build in the early 90's but the Giants are actually winning World Series. Wow, imagine what this young team can accomplish over the next 4 to 5 seasons.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giant are build around pitchings just like the Braves were build in the early 90's but the Giants are actually winning World Series. Wow, imagine what this young team can accomplish over the next 4 to 5 seasons.

We do! It's fantastic! :)

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We're gonna see you again (hopefully, with different results). Great team you have there.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Short sample sizes. Those Braves teams were awesome and the fact they only won one WS doesn't take away from their total dominance of their division for so long. I doubt we'll see a run like that again. Yankees have kinda been doing the same thing I guess.

If we don't scratch out a Hunter Pence inspired game 3 in Cincinnati, would that have meant this exact same team wasn't any good?

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're gonna see you again (hopefully, with different results). Great team you have there.

Both franchises are young, talented and relatively cost-controlled. This could be the beginning of a beautiful rivalry... as much as that is possible given how difficult it is to even get to the World Series. Either way, bring on the Pistons, Lions and Wings (if possible), too! ;)

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Both franchises are young, talented and relatively cost-controlled. This could be the beginning of a beautiful rivalry... as much as that is possible given how difficult it is to even get to the World Series. Either way, bring on the Pistons, Lions and Wings (if possible), too! ;)

LOL, Redwings were dominant. So were the Pistons a couple of years back.

This Giants team is very interesting though because they know how to plug in the right pieces when needed. Maybe they should remake MoneyBall and let the Giants actually finish out the story. LOL

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Short sample sizes. Those Braves teams were awesome and the fact they only won one WS doesn't take away from their total dominance of their division for so long. I doubt we'll see a run like that again. Yankees have kinda been doing the same thing I guess.

If we don't scratch out a Hunter Pence inspired game 3 in Cincinnati, would that have meant this exact same team wasn't any good?

Yes the Braves were awesome, they had some nices players on there team, but you have to look at them as you would the Buffalo Bills. They got to the Championship or divisional championship but didnt pull in enough titles to solidify there Franchise legacy in sports. Giants are doing it a new way with home grown players and 2 to 4 plug in players in the championship seasons.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes the Braves were awesome, they had some nices players on there team, but you have to look at them as you would the Buffalo Bills. They got to the Championship or divisional championship but didnt pull in enough titles to solidify there Franchise legacy in sports. Giants are doing it a new way with home grown players and 2 to 4 plug in players in the championship seasons.

I do look at the 90s Braves like the 90s Buffalo Bills...I think the Bills were a historically good team. No other team has ever made the Super Bowl 4 years in a row and I doubt another will.

Agreed on how the Giants are doing it, and that's a fun kind of team to root for, and they should be sustainably good. But again, would we think less of them if they don't scratch out one crazy win in Cincinatti game 3? We probably would be saying oh well, nice year, not built for the playoffs...when in fact it would be the exact same team.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do look at the 90s Braves like the 90s Buffalo Bills...I think the Bills were a historically good team. No other team has ever made the Super Bowl 4 years in a row and I doubt another will.

Agreed on how the Giants are doing it, and that's a fun kind of team to root for, and they should be sustainably good. But again, would we think less of them if they don't scratch out one crazy win in Cincinatti game 3? We probably would be saying oh well, nice year, not built for the playoffs...when in fact it would be the exact same team.

When looking in the rear-view mirror, you can only see the road you actually traveled; not the detour you avoided.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I don't think I would go so far as coining the Braves as the "Buffalo Bills" of baseball during the 90's. If defense is to superbowl victories as pitching is to world series victories, I think the analogy sort of fits them more with the Baltimore Ravens with one championship to show for in a span of more than 10 years of great defense. I think had the Texas Rangers gone to a 3rd WS and lost it...well, there's our Buffalo Bills alright... (With the Giants of course hopfuly beating them again. :becky:)