• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sex offender baseball prospect

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2018 MLB Draft: Controversial Oregon State lefty Luke Heimlich goes undrafted

Oregon State Left handed pitcher Luke Heimlich whom was considered a first round talent went undrafted all 40 rounds. Luke is a registered sex offender the case that he plead guilty to came when he was 15 years old where he inappropriately touched his 6 year old niece. He maintained his innocence he and his family made it clear that they didnt want to risk being found guilty and face a significant punishment such as jail, so he decided to quickly end the case and plead guilty. He received a slap on the wrist just some psychological classes and therapy I believe.

My question to you guys is that would you want your team to have drafted him or sign him now the draft is over. we are all sports fans and have seen our favorite teams in football, basketball, baseball etc draft or sign guys with questionable character such as DWIs, domestic violence, drugs, burglary/ theft, gang relations, miscellaneous arrests etc. What is everyones feelings on a convicted sex offender? From what I understand nothing else has happened since that happened nearly 7 years ago, he has good grades throughout college. Should he have an opportunity in baseball?

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It stated that he was listed as "Level 1" sex offender for 5 years. Did he a different type now, or is the tag gone completely?

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tough

he was 15...sick...but 15. id take a flier.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was talking about this kid with my son last night. My son had read somewhere that Heimlich passes several lie detector tests and has always maintained his innocence. He plead guilty because if convicted in court, the punishment would have been much more severe...not to mention the child's word would carry more weight with the judge and or jury.

Tough call.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It stated that he was listed as "Level 1" sex offender for 5 years. Did he a different type now, or is the tag gone completely?
The tag is gone. The record was going to be sealed after 5 years but the Oregonian Newspaper found the record just before the 5 years were up. The rest is history.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The tag is gone. The record was going to be sealed after 5 years but the Oregonian Newspaper found the record just before the 5 years were up. The rest is history.
once your a sex offender it never goes away He got reported by a reporter who googled his name for a story about his college success and it came up that he was a sex offender:suds:

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
once your a sex offender it never goes away He got reported by a reporter who googled his name for a story about his college success and it came up that he was a sex offender:suds:
Well now it will never go away. The record was going to be sealed after 5 years and the Oregonian found out right before the 5 years were up. He no longer has to register as a sex offender.

He Was Convicted of Molesting a 6-Year Old. Should He Have a Future in Baseball?

Heimlich’s court records were sealed last August, two months after the first news stories broke. That month, five years after the date of his plea, he said, the records were expunged. He no longer has to register as a sex offender.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd never go to another Tigers game.

Gates Brown and Rob LeFlore came out the Penal League, but they stole shit. You admit to diddling a five year old, your baseball career should be limited to Corvallis.

Or Korea or the Phillipines or wherever it is he'll play for money.

Really surprised all teams passed again. Kinda assuming Manfred had a hand in that.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand why nobody drafted him. Current climate, all that jazz...nobody wanted to take on the added PR nightmare.

First game he pitches, you can bet there would be protesters out front.

And given how many players never actually make a big league roster, or make a significant impact on a team's success, there was too little reward compared to the risk.

Might suck for him and his family but he got a college education out of baseball, he should take that degree and go get a regular job.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wifes ex B-I-L pleaded guilty for the same issue. His life is screwed. Personnaly I'm not sure if he did or didn't do anything. Before he pled he a asked me for advice. Fight it with the risk of jail or cop a plea to stay out. His Public Defender said children are usually believed in these cases.
I told him if it was me and I was innocent I'd fight it, no way would I agree to being labeled as a child molester. I even told him he will most likely never get a decent job with this on your record.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wifes ex B-I-L pleaded guilty for the same issue. His life is screwed. Personnaly I'm not sure if he did or didn't do anything. Before he pled he a asked me for advice. Fight it with the risk of jail or cop a plea to stay out. His Public Defender said children are usually believed in these cases.
I told him if it was me and I was innocent I'd fight it, no way would I agree to being labeled as a child molester. I even told him he will most likely never get a decent job with this on your record.

You knew him when he was being charged with diddling kids?

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2018 MLB Draft: Controversial Oregon State lefty Luke Heimlich goes undrafted

Oregon State Left handed pitcher Luke Heimlich whom was considered a first round talent went undrafted all 40 rounds. Luke is a registered sex offender the case that he plead guilty to came when he was 15 years old where he inappropriately touched his 6 year old niece. He maintained his innocence he and his family made it clear that they didnt want to risk being found guilty and face a significant punishment such as jail, so he decided to quickly end the case and plead guilty. He received a slap on the wrist just some psychological classes and therapy I believe.

My question to you guys is that would you want your team to have drafted him or sign him now the draft is over. we are all sports fans and have seen our favorite teams in football, basketball, baseball etc draft or sign guys with questionable character such as DWIs, domestic violence, drugs, burglary/ theft, gang relations, miscellaneous arrests etc. What is everyones feelings on a convicted sex offender? From what I understand nothing else has happened since that happened nearly 7 years ago, he has good grades throughout college. Should he have an opportunity in baseball?

Should he have an opportunity in baseball? Yes

Would I sign him? No

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You knew him when he was being charged with diddling kids?
Yep. Not sure if he's guilty or not. Wifes niece is a bit of a nut case who never liked him (Step Dad). If I had to give my legal opinion I'd say she either lied, or miss understood something that happened. I did end up permanently uninviting him to our house for get togethers just in case it's true. He does have a son who'd half brother to the girl, so I explained myvstance to him first.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take him on the Mariners in a heart beat.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Not sure if he's guilty or not. Wifes niece is a bit of a nut case who never liked him (Step Dad). If I had to give my legal opinion I'd say she either lied, or miss understood something that happened. I did end up permanently uninviting him to our house for get togethers just in case it's true. He does have a son who'd half brother to the girl, so I explained myvstance to him first.

That right there,

Make you think a little harder on this, the girl at the time was 6
her mother is an ex- wife.....

This kid has said over and over he didn't do it, " in most cases agents would tell the kid to give a public apology or no comment since I was a minor.....

If the kid did really do it, then yes string him by his nuts,
but if the little girl was confused or pushed by her mother, then it costed the kid a career

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That right there,

Make you think a little harder on this, the girl at the time was 6
her mother is an ex- wife.....

This kid has said over and over he didn't do it, " in most cases agents would tell the kid to give a public apology or no comment since I was a minor.....

If the kid did really do it, then yes string him by his nuts,
but if the little girl was confused or pushed by her mother, then it costed the kid a career
I believe the mother of the child does not necessarily think he did it either.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a lot of things I can forgive. What he plead guilty to isn't one of them.

Had he been shoplifting, or had an assault charge or even got a DUI and killed a guy, I'd be more willing to forgive.