• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Set up for the same thing

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG....
The A list Flyers have looked D list the last two games against glorified AHL rosters from the Rangers and the Devils. Slow feet, sloppy defensive zone play.
I for one was hoping for at least signs of a bright future, but right now there are NO changes to the roster other than Gudas and Medvedev.

This does not bode well for the season. If they are going to stink, could they please at least be mediocre and getting younger and not just retreading the same old issues.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG....
The A list Flyers have looked D list the last two games against glorified AHL rosters from the Rangers and the Devils. Slow feet, sloppy defensive zone play.
I for one was hoping for at least signs of a bright future, but right now there are NO changes to the roster other than Gudas and Medvedev.

This does not bode well for the season. If they are going to stink, could they please at least be mediocre and getting younger and not just retreading the same old issues.
We had a great record against winning teams and an abysmal record against non playoff teams. Maybe we could beat those non playoff teams this season and sneak in the playoffs. I am staying confident for now until we start getting beaten on a regular basis like we did last season

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep no reason to panic it's preseason...

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, I'm not panicking. I still say they make the playoffs this year. I really think Hak figures out where guys need to play and Schenn/Couturier start showing some offensive depth.

also, the Rangers and Devils dressed mostly NHL squads in the past two games, so it wasn't the Flyers vs. AHL teams. Unless of course you consider the Devils A-squad AHL caliber, which wouldn't make you wrong.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, I'm not panicking. I still say they make the playoffs this year. I really think Hak figures out where guys need to play and Schenn/Couturier start showing some offensive depth.

also, the Rangers and Devils dressed mostly NHL squads in the past two games, so it wasn't the Flyers vs. AHL teams. Unless of course you consider the Devils A-squad AHL caliber, which wouldn't make you wrong.
Yes agreed if the young guys like Schenn and Couts improve and the D tightens up then the team should be better and could easily make it. The goaltending will also be better as Neuvirth is a better backup people are forgetting this. The only problem is that the other teams n their division have improved as well...

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes agreed if the young guys like Schenn and Couts improve and the D tightens up then the team should be better and could easily make it. The goaltending will also be better as Neuvirth is a better backup people are forgetting this. The only problem is that the other teams n their division have improved as well...

A lot of teams look improved but someone has to win and someone has to lose - they all can't be improved in the standings this year - at the very least they're better than the Devils and Canes so really, the key is to try and get into the top four in the division and that might be enough to get in - I think they'll be competing with the Isles and Jackets for one of those last spots - if Columbus is healthy they are dangerous but you see what happens when injuries take a toll on them - and I think while the Islanders have plenty of offensive depth, I think they could take a step back if their defense and goaltending dips barely

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was the real main point I was trying to make was that....
...this team is still as bad as it was last season.

The back check effort flags at times .... the least opportune times....
The 5 on 5 offense is sporadic and Mason has been the best player by a mile.

I want this team to compete and be fun to watch and frankly not suck. Right now...not feeling it.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I want this team to compete and be fun to watch and frankly not suck. Right now...not feeling it.
Agreed on the team D but let's see what happens when they get used to the new system. If they can improve in that area they have a shot. I also believe that they could do more damage in the playoffs than teams like the pens as they are not suited for that brand of hockey. They just have to get in.....

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

heh, that's what all of us want to see, but I don't expect drastic improvement until the young dmen start cracking the roster (2016-17 might see a couple of them full time)

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying Laughton gets our first goal of the year