• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Senators @ Dodgers

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants keep on chugging! Good ole fashioned playoff race!

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lead down to two games....

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lead about to be down to one game. A lot of Dodger teams have been complete shit over the last 25 years, but this late August meltdown to our division rival is impressive up against any shitty Dodger team. Way to go, Blue. Always finding new ways to meltdown.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Up two and a half! One fucking hit through 5 however

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wheels-fall-off-o.gif

Chilipepper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers must be waiting for the post season to get hyped up to play intense baseball. I really haven't seen it all year from them for more than 1 game in a row. Never went through a hot streak yet. Just do enough with all the talent they have to keep their head above water. Good thing the Giants took a major nosedive for awhile this season. But I really expect them to turn it up. Don't know when? Dodgers stinking at home this season is a tell tale sign that they can't focus until they go on the road. Which means they relax at home with friends and family.

Last edited by a moderator:

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers must be waiting for the post season to get hyped up to play intense baseball. I really haven't seen it all year from them for more than 1 game in a row. Never went through a hot streak yet. Just do enough with all the talent they have to keep their head above water. Good thing the Giants took a major nosedive for awhile this season. But I really expect them to turn it up. Don't know when? Dodgers stinking at home this season is a tell tale sign that they can't focus until they go on the road. Which means they relax at home with friends and family.

I don't know he psychology behind it, but I agree with your assessment. Bottom line, a lot of money being spent on poor fundamentals. Plus, how go Puig how go this team. He's been awful.

Lakers boy - love the gif.

Chilipepper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Psychology behind my thinking is that you're suppose to be better at home. But if you're way better on the road something is amiss. So maybe when they're at home they relax more. As in before they come to the game their mindset is mostly on family and friends. their thinking is oh I'm going to work and I'll be home soon again to do whatever. Not a hardened mindset to destroy the other team. On the road they focus, no distractions. Makes no sense being terrible at home with the highest paid team in MLB. There has to be some reason why they don't kill it at home. Of course I could be wrong.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers getting fisted by Fister early....

Joc gets his first MLB hit! Play the youth, forget these aging, overpaid, uninterested veterans.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants down 6-0 come roaring back to take a 9-7 lead in the 7th. They've got the mojo right now. Dodgers can barely get 9 hits in two games let alone runs.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Runners on second and third, one out with Han Ram up. Drawn in infield and he weakly grounds out to short. Doesn't work the count with first base open. Does find a pitch to elevate.

Then, bases loaded, no outs and the Dodgers fail to score. It's pathetic and other than Uribes homerun, the Dodgers were gifted their runs.

I'll be shocked if this team makes the playoffs.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our defensive substitutes fucking suck.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NL league MVP is 17-3.

I really hope we do not piss away his prime years. He's the best I've ever seen. Effortless. A. Dying shame if he is not pitching in a World Seriesin the next few years.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chilipepper, you haven't seen intense baseball from the Dodgers this season more than 1 game in a row? THey haven't gone through a hot streak yet?

lasportzphan, you will be shocked if this team makes the playoffs???

C'mon guys, you are getting a cranky again. Snap out of it. Chili, remember the 11-4 run we went on to take over the lead in the West? I don't care what self-destructing the Giants went through, that was intense baseball that I would certainly classify as a hot streak. What about the stretch following the ASG where we went 13-6 with sweeps against the Giants and Braves, and series wins against the Angels and Braves? Id say that was also intense, and a hot streak.

As far as not making the playoffs, that is ridiculous. I went back, we have a .563 winning percentage, one month ago we were at .561, and two months to the day we were .558. The month before that we were .517. Looks like we keep improving from month to month. Considering that we are 6 games ahead of the last WC spot, with 23 games left, I don't see us collapsing that hard; not while our winning % has gone up every month since May. Add to that the fact that after tomorrow we will only have 6 games against the Giants (being the only team we face above .500), I think we'll be fine.

I know it's a discouraging game, but try and keep some perspective. We are going to make the playoffs, and we control our own destiny to winning the division and getting homefield throughout. We have played intense baseball during two stretches that have lasted a total of almost 1/4 of the season (or just more than 1/4 of the games we've played so far this year).

We need to tighten up our belts, but please, keep it in perspective.

Chilipepper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hanley is starting to look like Manny Sanguillen or Valdimir Guerrero. Swinging at everything. On top of that he swings way too hard. When you swing too hard it slows down your bat speed. He's late a lot. But when he does hit it solid it's a burner.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chilipepper, you haven't seen intense baseball from the Dodgers this season more than 1 game in a row? THey haven't gone through a hot streak yet?

lasportzphan, you will be shocked if this team makes the playoffs???

C'mon guys, you are getting a cranky again. Snap out of it. Chili, remember the 11-4 run we went on to take over the lead in the West? I don't care what self-destructing the Giants went through, that was intense baseball that I would certainly classify as a hot streak. What about the stretch following the ASG where we went 13-6 with sweeps against the Giants and Braves, and series wins against the Angels and Braves? Id say that was also intense, and a hot streak.

As far as not making the playoffs, that is ridiculous. I went back, we have a .563 winning percentage, one month ago we were at .561, and two months to the day we were .558. The month before that we were .517. Looks like we keep improving from month to month. Considering that we are 6 games ahead of the last WC spot, with 23 games left, I don't see us collapsing that hard; not while our winning % has gone up every month since May. Add to that the fact that after tomorrow we will only have 6 games against the Giants (being the only team we face above .500), I think we'll be fine.

I know it's a discouraging game, but try and keep some perspective. We are going to make the playoffs, and we control our own destiny to winning the division and getting homefield throughout. We have played intense baseball during two stretches that have lasted a total of almost 1/4 of the season (or just more than 1/4 of the games we've played so far this year).

We need to tighten up our belts, but please, keep it in perspective.

The Dodgers are 19-4 when Kershaw starts. That's what has kept them in first. Overall, this team is incomplete.

Chilipepper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers batters will pick up the intensity with men on base in the playoffs. I just feel it will go that way. Bases loaded will be a good thing then.