• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Second cup of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kirkland-signature-42-gallon-heavy-duty-contractor-clean-up-bags-32-count_12188649.jpeg

I wish I lived closer to the border ... my inlaws in south surrey are just crossing the border whenever they need gas ... I guess i could give them some of those garbage bags :noidea:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t have any skin in the game here other than I think it’s important to get our goods to market one way or another and a possible pipeline leak sure seems like a nicer alternative to Lac Megantic 2.0.

What I’m not quite understanding is what Trudeau is getting out of any of this. He’s risking a shit ton of votes in BC to placate a few seats (most of which he’ll almost assuredly lose no matter what in 2019) in Alberta, he’s reneging on a campaign promise, he’s going against his own environmental pledges and he’s giving the Federal NDP even more to hammer him with and split the vote on the left. I don’t get it.

I kinda have skin in the game since the pipeline in question does/would run frightenly close to my house. I think a pipeline leak could be as catastrophic as Megantic ... odds of course would be lower but the damage just as overwhelming

I dont know if its the fear of $2.00 gas or the pro-pipeline forces effectively getting their message out there but Im sensing a growing portion of BC residents would accept it ... the list of first nations groups who have signed off on it is long thats for sure

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda have skin in the game since the pipeline in question does/would run frightenly close to my house. I think a pipeline leak could be as catastrophic as Megantic ... odds of course would be lower but the damage just as overwhelming

I dont know if its the fear of $2.00 gas or the pro-pipeline forces effectively getting their message out there but Im sensing a growing portion of BC residents would accept it ... the list of first nations groups who have signed off on it is long thats for sure
That is unfortunate and I can definitely understand being concerned about that.

There are already pipelines going into & around Burnaby/Surrey/etc; is there not an argument that whatever risk is being created you guys are already living with that risk anyway?

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is unfortunate and I can definitely understand being concerned about that.

There are already pipelines going into & around Burnaby/Surrey/etc; is there not an argument that whatever risk is being created you guys are already living with that risk anyway?

And i think km was trying to utilize this notion of “accepted risk” when they came out with their initial proposal and splashed the word “twinning” everywhere as if they were just increasing the flow capacity in existing lines ... it turns out they are running new lines in parts of burnaby that werent at risk with the existing line

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And i think km was trying to utilize this notion of “accepted risk” when they came out with their initial proposal and splashed the word “twinning” everywhere as if they were just increasing the flow capacity in existing lines ... it turns out they are running new lines in parts of burnaby that werent at risk with the existing line
Is there any reason why they couldn't just follow the same path as the existing ones? Different destinations?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realized today that if you're middle aged or older we've been bred for these Russian election meddling issues for years.

In the 80s we were conditioned in movie after movie to fear the Russians (rocky, top gun, red dawn, etc.).
In the 90s/00s we were conditioned in movie after movie to fear the machines (matrix, i robot, etc.)

The Russian election interference combines our worst fears into one unbeatable Russian bot.... HAL Drago!

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
What I’m not quite understanding is what Trudeau is getting out of any of this. He’s risking a shit ton of votes in BC to placate a few seats (most of which he’ll almost assuredly lose no matter what in 2019) in Alberta, he’s reneging on a campaign promise, he’s going against his own environmental pledges and he’s giving the Federal NDP even more to hammer him with and split the vote on the left. I don’t get it.

nice hair, though

Status
Not open for further replies.