• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Second cup of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
emgrHSg.jpg

:L

When there is an investigation into you behaving inappropriately with a hostile foreign power, it's probably best to NOT insinuate you are a spy. Even jokingly.

And no, I don't think he's a spy. He's too stupid, completely incapable of discretion, and too easily manipulated.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
emgrHSg.jpg

:L

When there is an investigation into you behaving inappropriately with a hostile foreign power, it's probably best to NOT insinuate you are a spy. Even jokingly.

And no, I don't think he's a spy. He's too stupid, completely incapable of discretion, and too easily manipulated.

If he's more a spy than Brunson, he's at least a little bit a spy--nonzero spy character, that is--which means he just Twitter-confessed to being a spy. Technically.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank You Donald! What Trump Means for Germany's Future - SPIEGEL ONLINE - International

One of the reasons I read Der Spiegel every day. Great read.

To over simplify, we are in a world where the Generation that is driving things have never known a world without the internet. It's a 24/7 global economy and walls and ambiguous "boogeymen" halfway around the world aren't as easy to push because we can communicate directly with those people and see for ourselves that they aren't all that different.

There are two paths: Put yourself behind a wall, get isolationist and eventually die off. Or embrace it and make the world better for everyone. And looking out for others doesn't have to mean ignoring your needs.

I think of it like when a lane ends on a highway. You can read the sign, get over and everyone gets through at a decent pace, or you can charge up the dead end, cut over at the last second and make everyone have to jam on their brakes. If that one guy wasn't a prick, everyone would benefit.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank You Donald! What Trump Means for Germany's Future - SPIEGEL ONLINE - International

One of the reasons I read Der Spiegel every day. Great read.

To over simplify, we are in a world where the Generation that is driving things have never known a world without the internet. It's a 24/7 global economy and walls and ambiguous "boogeymen" halfway around the world aren't as easy to push because we can communicate directly with those people and see for ourselves that they aren't all that different.

There are two paths: Put yourself behind a wall, get isolationist and eventually die off. Or embrace it and make the world better for everyone. And looking out for others doesn't have to mean ignoring your needs.

I think of it like when a lane ends on a highway. You can read the sign, get over and everyone gets through at a decent pace, or you can charge up the dead end, cut over at the last second and make everyone have to jam on their brakes. If that one guy wasn't a prick, everyone would benefit.

Not realizing what I have bolded is a big problem right now. Trump and his supporters seem to have this idea that, in order for us to "win," someone else has to "lose." That's simply not true, and we should be seeking first and foremost to find as many mutually beneficial courses of action as possible. Everyone can win if everyone is willing to find those solutions. And the victories will be greater and more sustainable when countries aren't perpetually vying against each other.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is something in the Jets-Wild thread that is blocking me from opening it at work. Some kind of adult content.

I guess that is one way to stop me from jinxing the series.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is something in the Jets-Wild thread that is blocking me from opening it at work. Some kind of adult content.

It's a nude photo of Bruce Boudreau - Consider yourself lucky :D

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Noted

Not just Pittsburgh. There are huge protests being organized all over the country in case he does blatantly obstruct justice.

I mean "fire Mueller".

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been in favor of merging the Great Lakes for years.

The Great Lake
Land O Lake
The LA Laker

Status
Not open for further replies.