• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SEC, ACC & Big 12 Haven't Canceled Jack

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Clay Travis said that but it's not true
About 8K people die a day in the US and we are at 149K COVID deaths right now after 4 months of this or 120 days. That means around 18 days worth of people have died in that 120 days with 80% of them being in nursing homes and about another 10% of them being over the age of 65.

Travis has a point especially when you are talking about people under 30.
You also need to factor in how many of those people died with COVID but not necessarily because of COVID and it easily could be more than a 3rd.

Study the data, not the media.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About 8K people die a day in the US and we are at 149K COVID deaths right now after 4 months of this or 120 days. That means around 18 days worth of people have died in that 120 days with 80% of them being in nursing homes and about another 10% of them being over the age of 65.

You also need to factor in how many of those people died with COVID but not necessarily because of COVID and it easily could be more than a 3rd.

About 38,000 people die a year from car accidents. As you noted, we are at 149,000 Covid deaths after 4 months. His claim that more people die from car accidents was way off, as is most of his information regarding Covid. I know people want things to go back to norma, so do I. But we can't ignore reality because we want it to be different.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About 38,000 people die a year from car accidents. As you noted, we are at 149,000 Covid deaths after 4 months. His claim that more people die from car accidents was way off, as is most of his information regarding Covid. I know people want things to go back to norma, so do I. But we can't ignore reality because we want it to be different.
A 119K of those deaths were in nursing homes which leaves a balance of 30K of people not in nursing homes. So basically if you aren't in a nursing home your chances of dying in a car wreck is greater. If you under the age of 50 the chances of dying in a car wreck is drastically greater.

See the problem and why Clay is correct?

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 119K of those deaths were in nursing homes which leaves a balance of 30K of people not in nursing homes. So basically if you aren't in a nursing home your chances of dying in a car wreck is greater. If you under the age of 50 the chances of dying in a car wreck is drastically greater.

Depends how much you drive. The US averages 1.1 death per 100 MILLION miles driven.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even if we accept the premise that people in nursing home's lives don't matter, Clay Travis is still not correct. After 4 months, you say that gives us 30K deaths. Let's assume those numbers are correct. We are at 38K deaths for 12 months from car accidents. If we keep at the same rate, we will have more than twice as many Covid deaths as deaths from car accidents.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if we accept the premise that people in nursing home's lives don't matter, Clay Travis is still not correct. After 4 months, you say that gives us 30K deaths. Let's assume those numbers are correct. We are at 38K deaths for 12 months from car accidents. If we keep at the same rate, we will have more than twice as many Covid deaths as deaths from car accidents.
The positive rate is growing but the percentage of deaths to positive tests is dramatically dropping. Any argument that the US should stay locked down at this point is simply ridiculous.

BTW no one said nursing home lives didn’t matter but since they make up 80% of the deaths it’s pretty obvious terrible mistakes were made that could have drastically declined the overall death rate. Take away the mistakes and looking forward we have a situation that is no more riskier than the flu. We don’t shut the country down every year for the flue which killed 80k last winter.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clay Travis was a fucking idiot long before he decided to become an epidemiologist this year.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The positive rate is growing but the percentage of deaths to positive tests is dramatically dropping. Any argument that the US should stay locked down at this point is simply ridiculous.

BTW no one said nursing home lives didn’t matter but since they make up 80% of the deaths it’s pretty obvious terrible mistakes were made that could have drastically declined the overall death rate. Take away the mistakes and looking forward we have a situation that is no more riskier than the flu. We don’t shut the country down every year for the flue which killed 80k last winter.

All my points have been data driven. I said Travis' statement was untrue and I backed up my assumption with data. I even backed it up again when you stated that we should take out nursing home deaths and proved how my point was still accurate. It seems like you're the one that's relying on feelings and emotion and not data.

The difference between the flu and Covid is we have a vaccine and effective treatments for the Flu. Not to mention we've taken extreme measures to prevent the spread of Covid, something we don't do for the flu. And despite these measures, we have almost twice as many Covid deaths as we have flu deaths last year. It's really not worth comparing because of these differences.

Reactions: gob

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would still be a more legit claim than 2017 UCF...

tenor.gif

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL if you ever agree with that clown who is wrong take after take... can't take you seriously.. You can make an argument, but using that dip shit as a point is already a lost cause to your point.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL if you ever agree with that clown who is wrong take after take... can't take you seriously.. You can make an argument, but using that dip shit as a point is already a lost cause to your point.
1. I didn't bring Clay Travis into the conversation so check that one at the door.
2. Where exactly is Clay incorrect?
3. It's interesting you automatically discount someone's ideas instead of actually listening, which says more about you than me.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More people die from car accidents than have died regularly from COVID-19. Why don't we just outlaw driving?
2019 38000 people died from car accidents.
new york alone has had 32000 in like 6 months

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re joking right? You tried to call someone else out for giving medical advice while you yourself decided to give your own 2 cents because you didn’t want to get your grandma sick. It was the epitome of crying.

You are really changing the subject to masks and or sanitizer? Really? That is in the same line as the seat belt. Doing that doesn’t change anyone’s life. That however wasn’t your argument. Your argument was you didn’t want Football because you would go to the game and then pass COVID along to your grandma. Thus you living your life in fear. I said stop living in fear.

Nice try moving the goal posts though.

still dont see any crying about anything

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes of course you have to play Southern Miss and Umass to make for a legit season...........