• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle Mariners 2022-2023 Offseason Thread

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think seattle would...get baur...someone may..just as cubs are thinking about hosmer...

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With number 2, I still have not heard a single reason that makes Tom Murphy a vital part of the 2023 success. What am I missing?
I wish I knew. I get it 3 years back, but now? No clue. Team guy I suppose.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have read a lot of Cardinal fans wanting him for the job.

Could the team go with someone like Aaron Goldsmith or Matt Schumacker, both from the St. Louis area and young enough to be the "voice of Cardinals" baseball for the next generations of Cardinals fans?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish I knew. I get it 3 years back, but now? No clue. Team guy I suppose.
I’ve heard he is a team leader that is about the only thing I can think of to even put his name in pencil let alone marker like they have. Going into this year, to me, isn’t any different than last year when Jerry was stoked to go into the season with 3 catchers. Raleigh obviously turned out great towards the end of the year but catcher/DH was laughable last year and now it appears DH is going to be laughable except when Teoscar or Raleigh DH. As you can tell I am sour on Murphy but I truly don’t understand a guy 3 years removed from a season where he showed he was a quality backup catcher means he is a crucial part to the club.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on the side i dont want a republican..nancy pilose....again nominate..chip roy..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes i think...this is what the mariers are saying....they are prepaired..to go with what they have....

kelenic..trammel..until.a..suitable trade...comes.......im ok with that....that would be the next step....so for now...develop...kelenic...and trammell..ok then.....we will see...how..that goes....

...on rotation....if you are talking..a pitcher..

to make the mariners....

.one of the top 5 rotations..in baseball.....

then now..you see...they need to be selective........

so far...i have snell..on my list.....for that....miller...is obviously there..as well....

if you say..snell..then you need ...snell/gonzales.....for 32 games..yeah..gonzales..as a change up..

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but if i say...is there...one player..you would like to get..in free..agentsy...it woukd be chafin..i really think..they need him..as a second closer..

yeah..next would be belt...but i thnk..he signs in san fran...so..

gott...yeah..convice me....on him...

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think gott shoud have been a minor league ...deal...but..ooohh well..mariners still have..maney bull pen guys..and the future looks bright there

campbell
beroa...

munoz..
yeah if you put..... chafin..... here..it makes a big diff
seawald
castillo..
brash
murphee...
festa
.Gabe Speier..
Marco Gonzales 7..

mariners still have saddler..at ..tacoma..so ...ok

rotation...

castillo
ray......L/L
gilbert..
kerby...
flexen..gonzales..
miller

hard to say..

dollard
hancock..

Last edited:

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the two things I was looking at, but I 100% agree and would add them to my list.

Mine:

1- Dipoto said there are “a variety of reasons,” but he thinks a big one is that a lot of teams that had been rebuilding are now “moving north” and are adding impact MLB talent rather than looking for “future value.”

So what he is saying that teams below them last year are now going for it and adding MLB talent. So why aren't you? That irked me.

2- “One of the advantages of acquiring Cooper Hummel in the Kyle Lewis trade is the potential for having three catchers on our roster, which would then allow us to run one of our catchers into a DH day in an advantageous way,” he said. “That’s the way we’re looking at DH.”

Have we not gone down this road a million times and have fallen off the DH cliff every time? Again, we had a .176 AVG from our DH's last year with backup catchers and utility guys playing the position. How can he say tis crap with a straight face. Blame Stanton, and I do, but this BS is what kills me about Dipshit.

3- Yours.
i am so damn tired of having the same conversations every winter. Whether they are coming off a 90 win or a 90 loss season its all the same. They do the minimum required. Its like my kid wondering why I am disappointed if she were to consistently gets C's on all of her work. Essentially you are doing the bare minimum when we know you can do more.
We aren't asking for anything abnormal. The amount of money you are getting the next 12 months from the All Star week, the new brewery being open full time and the Winter Classic next year is insane. Not mention the draw that Julio probably is and how much better attendance should be this year. Fucking use some of it so we dont have to pump up Cooper Hummell, Trammel and Tom Murphy please.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if kelenic and trammell ..do well...there wont be any problems. ..still back up 1b is.....i still expect at least one trade....so stand by till spring..

and i would like to see..how white is doing...it would make a big diff....

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am so damn tired of having the same conversations every winter. Whether they are coming off a 90 win or a 90 loss season its all the same. They do the minimum required. Its like my kid wondering why I am disappointed if she were to consistently gets C's on all of her work. Essentially you are doing the bare minimum when we know you can do more.
We aren't asking for anything abnormal. The amount of money you are getting the next 12 months from the All Star week, the new brewery being open full time and the Winter Classic next year is insane. Not mention the draw that Julio probably is and how much better attendance should be this year. Fucking use some of it so we dont have to pump up Cooper Hummell, Trammel and Tom Murphy please.
:amen:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah i dont think..cooper hummel..is who..he was talking about...as DH....i think it was..raliegh..or murphy....and hummel..to back that up..

and marlow at some point....lolololo...

they need AAA outfields....lololo..

they have marlowe..and
Logan Warmoth 94

Last edited:

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah i dont think..cooper hummel..is who..he was talking about...as DH....i think it was..raliegh..or murphy..
It doesn't matter which because 2 out of the 3 can't hit.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
catcher seems filled up at..tacoma...verry nice...these guys are good...

Jake Anchia
Jake Anchia 13R/R6' 1"21003/05/1997ActiveNo
Jacob Nottingham
Jacob Nottingham 26R/R6' 2"22004/03/1995ActiveNo
Brian O'Keefe
Brian O'Keefe

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it maybe..like..hernandez...raliegh...trammell..dh..though..hard to say right now..

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People around different fanbases are going nuts about not wanting Bauer. I doubt the P.C. Mariners would venture into the mess. I just don't see it.

But with that said, it makes perfect sense. Every time I think one way, they go the other so...
Well now it’s official. Can get him for league minimum.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rather have hosmer....for minnemum....1B/Dh...ok then.....L/L.....

either way..importing problams...teams like to stay away..from...

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why can our GM think this way???