• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sean Couturier Out Four Weeks

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think this might be the end for the Flyers - this would give them a good reason to start selling off pieces if they can get the value

It's ironic that they played two real good offensive games after the break when Couts returned - now that he's out, it's going to be awfully tough

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that isn't good.

Not sure if I'm more upset that he is hurt for the playoff push or hurt during his apparent breakout year.

Going to need the Laughton line to pick things up big time like they did last night if we want to make a run. Our situation screams 12th overall pick.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that isn't good.

Not sure if I'm more upset that he is hurt for the playoff push or hurt during his apparent breakout year.

Going to need the Laughton line to pick things up big time like they did last night if we want to make a run. Our situation screams 12th overall pick.

I'm more upset about it happening in his breakout year - for his sake, I really want him to keep growing and becoming the player everyone believes he can be - playoffs is a goal but it's not completely realistic especially now

What they're going to have to do is play some defense - they've given up 8 goals in the last three wins - if they don't buckle down defensively, even if they keep scoring three goals a game, they're still going to be up and down

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Gagner ever wanted to play for a contract, now is his opportunity.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more upset about it happening in his breakout year - for his sake, I really want him to keep growing and becoming the player everyone believes he can be - playoffs is a goal but it's not completely realistic especially now

What they're going to have to do is play some defense - they've given up 8 goals in the last three wins - if they don't buckle down defensively, even if they keep scoring three goals a game, they're still going to be up and down

The bold for sure. I'm not overly concerned with missing the playoffs, there was always a decent chance of that. The long term Coots maturation is what's more important.

Looks like they called up Cousins to help offset. Kind of surprised at that, would've thought they'd give Weal a look and maybe call up a NHL/AHL tweener as a frequent healthy scratch. But I guess, on the bright side, makes it look like it's highly unlikely Umberger sees the ice again.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bold for sure. I'm not overly concerned with missing the playoffs, there was always a decent chance of that. The long term Coots maturation is what's more important.

Looks like they called up Cousins to help offset. Kind of surprised at that, would've thought they'd give Weal a look and maybe call up a NHL/AHL tweener as a frequent healthy scratch. But I guess, on the bright side, makes it look like it's highly unlikely Umberger sees the ice again.

Hopefully when Couts returns, he can come back seamlessly

I think it was the right move to call up Nick Cousins because for an injury like that long term, they need to have someone who's capable and is going to get consistent playing time - in all honesty, I'm not sure Jordan Weal is in the long term plans but that could be a premature line of thinking - if they really wanted to see what Jordan Weal had, I think he would have had more playing time by now, especially in the games that he was in the lineup

Nick Cousins can at least play third line minutes short term and that means Scott Laughton plays a lot more - I don't think they're prepared to give Jordan Weal bigger minutes because he hasn't even played that much period since coming over

I would have liked to have seen Colin McDonald again - he was up for that period of time when the Flyers really took off and he scored a few goals - but I guess they needed a center more

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get him back ASAP. This is a huge blow to the team. I've been very optimistic about making the playoffs and our boys have been backing me up on that for awhile now. I'm not sure if it is even possible now with this injury in play.

I honestly think you could argue that Couturier is the second most important player on the team behind Giroux. Why? We have no other centers that can really step in and fill his void with any confidence long term.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a blow. Not having Cooter is going to hurt. Moving Laughton up to center the second line instead of moving people off the wing ...it will also allow for Cousins to get some more time in the NHL as well.

I don't know that this means the season is done, but it really will put the pressure on for other players to step up.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missing Couts for 4 weeks definitely hurts but not because he such a great talent (not yet anyway) but because we have no depth. If he was on a team like the Kings or Chicago or Washington it wouldn't matter much. This hurts us because Laughton is now our 2nd line center and that says it all about not having #14 on the ice. What makes this injury worse is now we lose Raffl also. When Raffl was playing on his wing with Schenn they were having a great stretch and since Coots is out he has been invisible.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missing Couts for 4 weeks definitely hurts but not because he such a great talent (not yet anyway) but because we have no depth. If he was on a team like the Kings or Chicago or Washington it wouldn't matter much. This hurts us because Laughton is now our 2nd line center and that says it all about not having #14 on the ice. What makes this injury worse is now we lose Raffl also. When Raffl was playing on his wing with Schenn they were having a great stretch and since Coots is out he has been invisible.

You're right to an extent because the lack of depth on this team is partly why they're in a bad spot now

However, any team that loses their best defensive center, arguably a top 5-7 defensive center in the league, would be affected in a negative way

So in a sense, it works both ways - yes, the depth isn't there, but when you lose a 2nd line center with great defensive capabilities, it will hurt your team regardless

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right to an extent because the lack of depth on this team is partly why they're in a bad spot now

However, any team that loses their best defensive center, arguably a top 5-7 defensive center in the league, would be affected in a negative way

So in a sense, it works both ways - yes, the depth isn't there, but when you lose a 2nd line center with great defensive capabilities, it will hurt your team regardless
Lets be honest on most teams that have depth Couts is a third line center at this stage in his career and most teams with depth aka LA Chicago Wash and so on wouldn't really miss him as much

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets be honest on most teams that have depth Couts is a third line center at this stage in his career and most teams with depth aka LA Chicago Wash and so on wouldn't really miss him as much

You're probably right, but even on those teams, he would be important enough because of the role he plays

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The loss of Cooter, while so many people seem to think it should not be as important...is really showing.

Laughton and Cousins are similar centers both with fine potential but both are on the, less than imposing, side. Cooter is the only Flyers center with size. His presence allows the team to match up better. His offensive game is a work in process but was getting better as he grasped Hakstol's system more and more.