• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks Training Camp thread.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Seems we didn't have a training camp/Preseason thread so here it is.

Also Jamal Adams is dealing with "injuries" again. *sigh* the gift that keeps on giving.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the players that I know are for sure starters like DK Metcalf or Jamal Adams as long as they are in their proper weight and fitness I would prefer they take little lighter camp and use those reps for the players that are new to the team and us evaluating them.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
several teams have announced alternate helmets, where are our alternate silver helmets? i want my throwbacks damnit.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They Say Penny is at 237 pounds... I do not like that as he played at 220 or below in college where he "never" got hurt. He came in at 235 a couple years ago and was injured. Glad we got Walker because I think Penny is going to eat himself out of the league. Last year i think he was around 225 and Pete was all jacke dup about how quick and fit he looked. Penny shouldn't be playing at over 220.

Last edited:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So my Brother was at todays Camp and he said Eason threw what he thought was the best balls out of all the QB's. How he explained it. It was quick and in the framework of the WR's where as Lock and Smith had guys jumping or reaching behind them often. He said Lock had a horrible day and missed real wide on a couple of basic curl routes where the WR sets up in a zone. In other words the WR wasn't running and Lock missed them completely with uncatchable throws.

Well this was not what I hoped to hear but who knows maybe Eason takes his shot because he might have the highest ceiling out of all these guys.

:L

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So my Brother was at todays Camp and he said Eason threw what he thought was the best balls out of all the QB's. How he explained it. It was quick and in the framework of the WR's where as Lock and Smith had guys jumping or reaching behind them often. He said Lock had a horrible day and missed real wide on a couple of basic curl routes where the WR sets up in a zone. In other words the WR wasn't running and Lock missed them completely with uncatchable throws.

Well this was not what I hoped to hear but who knows maybe Eason takes his shot because he might have the highest ceiling out of all these guys.

Well that's interesting and both bad and good I guess. Won't bother me if Eason wins the starter job on merit.Hopefully for Lock and Geno it's just rust.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all saw Eason when he played for the Huskies. He is so very Raw but the talent is there he just doesn't have the playing time or growth, He is also not very athletic. Both Geno and Lock are more athletic than he is that's for sure and it's probably not even close. Brady and Payton proved you don't have to be athletic to have success though if you got great arm talent and understand the game better than anyone else on the field. I don't hold out hope that Eason has that kind of football mind as it's even more rare than athletic ability.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DK needs to cool himself and this rage, He has hurt this team with his immaturity.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see Jones has all but locked down his CB spot. When we brought in Jones I was very happy and knew all he needed was time. He was drafted based on ceiling but then was thrown into the fire. He needed time to adjust he wasn't a sure fire starter coming out of college yet people treated him as such and someone that should be a probowler from year one then dinged him harshly and unfairly. He was graded as a Probowl player a 7.00 grade before the draft but then wasn't given the time to adjust. It's like people forgot he was a 2nd round pick not a high first, success from the get go should never have been the thought. He was always going to need time to adjust and I am happy he got that time to do so here.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
forgot to mention that he was always going to be off after he tore his Achilles for a season or two.

I would like to see Coby or Woolen grab the other spot, I think both could be special players. I do find it funny that I feel so good about our CB after feeling so very bad about them for some time now. I always had hope just like any fan but this now, this feeling.... Yeah it's not hope I truly feel we might have one of the deeper CB rooms in the NFL. What I mean is I believe we got 4 players that could be solid starters in the CB room.

Maybe I am completely blinded now by my desire but I don't think so. lol

Last edited:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
forgot to mention that he was always going to be off after he tore his Achilles for a season or two.

I would like to see Coby or Woolen grab the other spot, I think both could be special players. I do find it funny that I feel so good about our CB after feeling so very bad about them for some time now. I always had hope just like any fan but this now, this feeling.... Yeah it's not hope I truly feel we might have one of the deeper CB rooms in the NFL. What I mean is I believe we got 4 players that could be solid starters in the CB room.

Maybe I am completely blinded now by my desire but I don't think so. lol

Eh the corners will be fine. Pete has always done fine with the corners/safeties. The DL on the other hand..... lol, that's what is concerning.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol I can't get over how ridiculous those helmets look. I know it's about safety, but I can't help but think of:

82a31cd6-3a09-45bf-b2e3-01fcb054c103_text.gif

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They Say Penny is at 237 pounds... I do not like that as he played at 220 or below in college where he "never" got hurt. He came in at 235 a couple years ago and was injured. Glad we got Walker because I think Penny is going to eat himself out of the league. Last year i think he was around 225 and Pete was all jacke dup about how quick and fit he looked. Penny shouldn't be playing at over 220.
That's concerning to me as well.

Even when he put up those great numbers at the end of the season I thought that he still looked like he wasn't in the same kind of shape he was in college. A lot of the good runs he had could've been better if he was a step faster. I could be imaging this, but I do recall a preseason where he looked completely out of shape.

I suppose we should just cross our fingers and hope that he was just bulking up over the offseason and will shed the bad weight during training camp. I'll be interested to see how much they use him in the preseason.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Having watched Eason at UW, Georgia and even in HS I can tell you there is a reason he was a 5-star prospect.

Eason is a guy who has elite arm talent and size, but for every incredible throw he makes, he'll miss a wide open receiver, try to throw a ball into a spot he shouldn't, stares down a receiver and makes a mistake, or throw a 140MPH ball to a receiver 5 yards from him that the receiver can't catch.

The only reason he's on an NFL roster is because of that elite arm talent. Unfortunately he lacks just about every other trait. He's a statue in the pocket, lacks touch, lacks accuracy, he's aloof and makes poor decisions.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all saw Eason when he played for the Huskies. He is so very Raw but the talent is there he just doesn't have the playing time or growth, He is also not very athletic. Both Geno and Lock are more athletic than he is that's for sure and it's probably not even close. Brady and Payton proved you don't have to be athletic to have success though if you got great arm talent and understand the game better than anyone else on the field. I don't hold out hope that Eason has that kind of football mind as it's even more rare than athletic ability.
Lol I responded to your initial post about him and didn't see this. Looks like we're on the same page with Eason.

Elite arm talent, but lacks just about every other trait you need to be successful.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So happy Woolen is showing out on the field, One of my fav picks of this draft. Also yeah Drew lock I think earned at least a 50/50 split with Geno with the #1's. It's bullshit it hasn't been 50/50 all ready to be honest. If it's Geno not wanting to give up those reps then let the cry baby go play some place else. When watching him talking in the interviews after the game I just felt like he was only saying what we wanted to hear but it felt like a big ass lie.

I use to like Geno but his off the field problems and the way he talks this guy is starting to at least to me sounds like he thinks he deserves "something". Yeah he is starting to rub me the wrong way. Geno is not going to get better but Drew Lock still can get better and the fact they are close to even tells me you got to go with the young guy.