• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks 2018 offseason thread

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We signed Tom Johnson (Vikings DT). He'll be 34 soon but he's somewhat serviceable. Not going to light anything up but he's decent against the run and shouldn't cost us any huge plays. PFF grades him a 77.7.

Only for 1 year $2.7M so I give it a B+ grade (not a prove it deal really given his age - just kind of a 1 year lease, not worth an A grade).

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we just signed a 34 year old DT Tom Johnson... Sure it's only for 1 year for 2.7 million but we just let Sheldon walk and got an older DT, how is that helping this team ? I guess I have to keep the faith in Pete and John, but I'm staring to get a little baffled on some of these decisions lately...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We signed Tom Johnson (Vikings DT). He'll be 34 soon but he's somewhat serviceable. Not going to light anything up but he's decent against the run and shouldn't cost us any huge plays. PFF grades him a 77.7.

Only for 1 year $2.7M so I give it a B+ grade (not a prove it deal really given his age - just kind of a 1 year lease, not worth an A grade).

I"m not crazy about this move, I"m not crazy about a lot of moves lately ... But we gotta role with it...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we just signed a 34 year old DT Tom Johnson... Sure it's only for 1 year for 2.7 million but we just let Sheldon walk and got an older DT, how is that helping this team ? I guess I have to keep the faith in Pete and John, but I'm staring to get a little baffled on some of these decisions lately...

Well we have hardly any draft picks and we can't afford someone that's going to cost $10M+ a year... and wouldn't be surprised if he wanted a 1 year prove it deal with a strong contender.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we have hardly any draft picks and we can't afford someone that's going to cost $10M+ a year... and wouldn't be surprised if he wanted a 1 year prove it deal with a strong contender.

That's what even hurts more right now, not having a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick... My guess is Pete and John are gonna trade down outta the 1st to pick up more picks... But they gambled giving up those picks last year, they kinda threw all there chips into last year with Sheldon and Brown ... Brown will be good for us, but not for a long time, he'll be 33 going into next year and Sheldon is gone, so we pick up a 34 year old DT for 1 year... This is not how Pete built this thing up, he's kinda doing strange things lately... I"m gonna stay positive and hope we make some good moves before the season, but right now I'm a little concerned for 2018, we might be throwing next year away if this keeps up ...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what even hurts more right now, not having a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick... My guess is Pete and John are gonna trade down outta the 1st to pick up more picks... But they gambled giving up those picks last year, they kinda threw all there chips into last year with Sheldon and Brown ... Brown will be good for us, but not for a long time, he'll be 33 going into next year and Sheldon is gone, so we pick up a 34 year old DT for 1 year... This is not how Pete built this thing up, he's kinda doing strange things lately... I"m gonna stay positive and hope we make some good moves before the season, but right now I'm a little concerned for 2018, we might be throwing next year away if this keeps up ...

Well... I think the thought with Harvin, Graham, and Brown/Richardson was Pete/John thought they could pull it off the last few years. We did in the Harvin year although outside of his KR he didn't really do anything. As for Graham, we were close with him (playoffs). For Richardson/Brown, I think that was the last ditch effort with Thomas/Sherman/Chancellor/Bennett on the roster to mount something.

So Seattle spent picks to try and mount runs, which is not necessarily the best strategy.. and when you do that, you'll inevitably get stuck in our current position. A need to turn over those aging/borrowed players and draft new replacements... but you're kind of fucked because you don't have draft ammo.

It's generally why trading picks away is bad... many will argue if it helps win a SBOWL, great. In our case, it never did. But the thought process was Graham/Richardson/Brown would give us a shot. And Brown/Richardson certainly helped. There's a decent chance we would've been 11-5 (playoffs) if fucking Walsh wasn't on the team (for sure the Skins game when he missed 3 make-able and we lost by 1).

Last edited:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks went away from their usual ways to give it one last shot with the core guys that won us a SB. Didn't work out mostly because of injuries and a bad kicker.
So this year they take their lumps then next year restock.

Last edited:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... I think the thought with Harvin, Graham, and Brown/Richardson was Pete/John thought they could pull it off the last few years. We did in the Harvin year although outside of his KR he didn't really do anything. As for Graham, we were close with him (playoffs). For Richardson/Brown, I think that was the last ditch effort with Thomas/Sherman/Chancellor/Bennett on the roster to mount something.

So Seattle spent picks to try and mount runs, which is not necessarily the best strategy.. and when you do that, you'll inevitably get stuck in our current position. A need to turn over those aging/borrowed players and draft new replacements... but you're kind of fucked because you don't have draft ammo.

It's generally why trading picks away is bad... many will argue if it helps win a SBOWL, great. In our case, it never did. But the thought process was Graham/Richardson/Brown would give us a shot. And Brown/Richardson certainly helped. There's a decent chance we would've been 11-5 (playoffs) if fucking Walsh wasn't on the team (for sure the Skins game when he missed 3 make-able and we lost by 1).

True, Walsh was a disaster...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks went away from their usual ways to give it one last shot with the core guys that won us a SB. Didn't work out mostly because of injuries and a bad kicker.
So this year they take their lumps then next year restock.

Thanks for summarizing what took me 3 paragraphs to write, lol.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team is positioning themselves for a run in '19... Seahawks are doing what they can right now but it's going to benefit us in '19...

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnson is serviceable and SR was not a pro bowler and it save us about $8M this year alone. That $8M can buy some valuable depth.

If we listen to the fans, our 2 biggest problems the past few years were the OC and OL coach. Both replaced.
We got rid of our 2 biggest distractions in MB and Sherm.
We are working on improving the run game. We will be alright.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks were trying to make a run at Terrelle Pryor. Seen some rumors that the Cowboys are looking to move on from Dez Bryant. Could be worth a 1 or 2 year contract.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnson is serviceable and SR was not a pro bowler and it save us about $8M this year alone. That $8M can buy some valuable depth.

If we listen to the fans, our 2 biggest problems the past few years were the OC and OL coach. Both replaced.
We got rid of our 2 biggest distractions in MB and Sherm.
We are working on improving the run game. We will be alright.

It is only a 1 year deal, so I know it's not the end of the world... It's gonna be interesting to see what they do with Earl...

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Seattle had no idea about the Houston investigation on Bennett dodged a bullet on that one

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Seattle had no idea about the Houston investigation on Bennett dodged a bullet on that one

I'm curious what Roger will do... Elliott was never indicted or arrested yet was suspended for a handful of games. Frankly, I consider pushing a 66 year old person in a wheelchair down far worse than some bitch claiming you hit her (which these days is probably 90% false... sadly, the women that ACTUALLY take beatings where they didn't start it usually never say anything).

I was still baffled by the Ray Rice incident. She was clearly throwing punches and her shoe at Rice first, yet nobody cares? "Men are stronger than women!" Well not according to the women of today! Women say that they can do anything men do and are just as strong! Regardless, if I go up and slap a bear in the face and it mauls me, nobody is saying, "But he's weaker then the bear!" They are just calling me a dumbass.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious what Roger will do... Elliott was never indicted or arrested yet was suspended for a handful of games. Frankly, I consider pushing a 66 year old person in a wheelchair down far worse than some bitch claiming you hit her (which these days is probably 90% false... sadly, the women that ACTUALLY take beatings where they didn't start it usually never say anything).

I was still baffled by the Ray Rice incident. She was clearly throwing punches and her shoe at Rice first, yet nobody cares? "Men are stronger than women!" Well not according to the women of today! Women say that they can do anything men do and are just as strong! Regardless, if I go up and slap a bear in the face and it mauls me, nobody is saying, "But he's weaker then the bear!" They are just calling me a dumbass.

I understood why Elliot got the 6 games, Roger had pushed himself into that corner once the backlash of the 2 game suspension occurred to Rice. You knew who ever got accused next was going to get the full weight because he had to show everyone that the "new" enforcement was real. Which why I never understood why Elliott didn't just take the 6 and move on, Unfair yes but life is unfair. I think Jerry convinced him he'd be able to lower the suspension and he believed it.

As for Bennett I think he's going to get a game suspension. Why?, well no video showing him pushing her down and that's huge when it comes to public perception and to Rodger's punishments, lack of history (ie not Packman Jones territory, even with the Vegas issue) and of course Roger seems to all ways find the worst option when it comes to punishment, ex-spygate,bountygate,ray rice, ect. Meaning I have little confidence he will get this one right.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conduct that results in punishment by your employer doesn't have to be illegal conduct. That's why players can get suspended ahead of and/or without legal punishment for behavior that casts the NFL in a bad light. People who work at Home Depot or Fred Meyer or Wendy's are subject to the same.

What happens to MB will probably depend on how much evidence there is that he did something that sounds as bad as what is out there right now. Accusations don't cost a thing, but usually indictments aren't handed out on whims. Maybe there is not clear and damning video evidence, but maybe there are several credible witnesses that took a while to track down or come forward. Who knows.