• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks 2018 offseason thread

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the "fat guy" thing....

Was at the Mariners game last night. As Ryon Healy comes up to the plate to face Kluber for the 2nd time, some guy behind me up in the 300 level yells, "Hey Scott, put in the fat guy!!"

It was funny, and I did have a thought earlier in the game as to why Servais opted for Healy against a RHP over lefty hitting Vogelbach. It's not like Healy is some slam dunk every day proven 1B, and fat Dan had a crazy good spring.
Great game to be at. Solid performance from all parts, for sure. Our closer did put a little anxiety in there for some extra fun,lol.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jealous... I'm coming their April 9th thru the 13th and sad to see that the M's don't play a home game during my visit... :-(

That sucks dude! Almost seems like tradition the M's always open on the road.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game to be at. Solid performance from all parts, for sure. Our closer did put a little anxiety in there for some extra fun,lol.

I was able to get thru 5 innings last night then it turned midnight so went to bed. Nice to see them get the W.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jealous... I'm coming their April 9th thru the 13th and sad to see that the M's don't play a home game during my visit... :-(
Yeah, it was a fun night out with the fam. As crazy as it sounds, my son is freshman at Seattle U this year so we will probably be meeting him there a couple times a month but right now he's home for spring break. I have gone to about 20 games a year the past 2 seasons but probably will not hit that many this year.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, opening day is special. Went last year too. Diaz did get in a bit of trouble but they could barely put a bat on what he was throwing.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he was the most penalized CB in the NFL last year, I can't say I'm sad to see him go.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he was the most penalized CB in the NFL last year, I can't say I'm sad to see him go.
I guess we're looking for someone to pick up all the penalties vacated by Bennett?

Nah, would be surprised if he made the team. Hopefully this is just a bargaining leverage move for Maxwell.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we're looking for someone to pick up all the penalties vacated by Bennett?

Nah, would be surprised if he made the team. Hopefully this is just a bargaining leverage move for Maxwell.

An undrafted rookie has more upside.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A holed single sweat-sock has more coverage!

I love fans.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ruben Foster charged with felony domestic violence. I was annoyed we didn't draft him, now I am glad we didn't.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the big talk locally yesterday was the "postponed" visit with Kaepernick, reportedly at least in part due to how he responded to a question about his intentions on whether he will continue his anthem protest. I think the Hawks are taking the admirable approach here -- reaching out to give a talented player an opportunity at another chance, yet stopping short when said player doesn't seem willing to accept the role they're looking for (while he's also suing the NFL). Your backup QB just cannot be the story, unless it's for pulling kids from a burning wreckage or something like that. One of the interesting things to me on this is some media types are describing this as a "bad move" by Seattle for letting the protest thing factor in, yet they are still making more of an effort than all other 31 teams so that doesn't make any sense.

I've also heard Clayton talk about some new league policy regarding the anthem. Apparently now teams/players "must" be on the field for the anthem (subject to fine and/or loss of draft picks for violations) and "should" stand at attention with helmets under the left arm when the anthem is played. Certainly the wording was chosen carefully and run by lawyers; the league is telling teams what their desired behavior is but also stopping short of legislating out the "right" of a player to make some sort of political statement on the field. Will be interesting to see where this ends up and what players think about it. I'm sure dingalings like Bennett will have something to say.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a link handy, but you can add Sebastian Janikowski to the list of free agent signees.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys release Dez, 'go in a new direction'

Cowboys release WR Dez Bryant

Read an article early today about how Dez was going on Twitter and basking Jones hours before a meeting. Looks like the meeting was to say goodbye. Wonder where he goes??

He seems very interested in staying in the NFC East at the moment. If he's pissed about getting released and wants to stick it to Jones for years, there's no better way of doing that than going to a division rival.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We signed Sebastian Janikowski as apparently our new kicker... wasn't he out of football last year?

Ugh, we should've just resigned Hauschka. Walsh literally cost us a playoff spot (IMO) last year. We definitely lost against the Skins because of kicking and I think we could've snagged another one with someone more competent. Janikowski is 40, hopefully he still has something left in the tank.

Regardless, not re-signing Hauschka was IMO one of the bigger blunders from this FO/staff.