• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: SD Padres @ NY Mets (6/13-15)

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait for Harvey to get back.

NEW YORK--(6/13) -- David Wright has been getting his share of up-and-in pitches recently, including from Matt Cain in San Francisco and Milwaukee's Wily Peralta on Wednesday. And powerless Matt Harvey has seen enough.

i

Wright
i

Harvey

“It’s hard for me to watch David keep getting pushed back," Harvey told the Daily News. “I’m not happy about it. It’s not right how guys are being able to manipulate his entire at-bat by pitching him up and in. It’s tough for him. He’s had to adapt to a different style. And it’s frustrating to watch from the sidelines and not be able to do something about it.

“When it would happen once in a while last year, I’d be the first guy to throw one behind somebody’s ear. And I don’t forget. Once I’m back I’ll be excited about getting the chance to help the captain.’’

Why hasn't more been done by Mets pitchers?

"It’s out there, everybody knows," Harvey told the newspaper. "If guys don’t know by now that something needs to be done, it’s going to continue to happen and that’s not acceptable."

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SAN DIEGO -- Here are the lineups for the Mets' 7:10 p.m. series opener Friday against the San Diego Padres at Citi Field. Curtis Granderson is out of the starting lineup for a second straight game with left-calf injury

i

Ruben Tejada, ss
Daniel Murphy, 2b
David Wright, 3b
Bobby Abreu, rf
Chris Young, lf
Lucas Duda, 1b
Taylor Teagarden, c
Matt den Dekker, cf
Bartolo Colon, rhp

i

Will Venable, cf
Everth Cabrera, ss
Seth Smith, rf
Carlos Quentin, lf
Chase Headley, 3b
Yonder Alonso, 1b
Rene Rivera, c
Alexi Amarista, 2b
Andrew Cashner, rhp

* assuming we can even get a few guys on base...lol...I wonder how many runners Duda & CY will leave stranded again......smfh.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a lifelong Mets' fan I want them to succeed as much as possible, obviously....but there's also a part of me that wouldn't mind getting swept here again in the hopes it would expedite TC's ouster once & for all, and the front office brings in someone to save this sinking rudderless ship and salvage what's left of this season before it's too late.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FIRST PITCH: Matt Harvey may have some flashbacks Saturday.

Former high school teammate Jesse Hahn has been promoted from Double-A San Antonio to step into San Diego’s rotation for the start opposite Zack Wheeler at 4:10 p.m. at Citi Field.

Playing for Harvey’s father Ed at Fitch High School, Hahn and Harvey won a Connecticut state championship as sophomores. The team was bounced in the semifinals the following two years, despite having the two future major league pitchers on the prep roster.

ny_a_hann_cr_300x300.jpg

Jesse Hahn, Matt Harvey's high school teammate, faces the Mets on Saturday at Citi Field.

“We just couldn’t hit. He was the only one who could hit,” Hahn told Mike Fitzpatrick of the Associated Press, referring to Harvey.

Hahn set a state record with a 0.17 ERA his senior year.

“I don’t know how we didn’t win it three years in a row there. It boggles my mind to this day,” Hahn told the AP. “Like I said, we didn’t hit.”

While Harvey went on to the University of North Carolina, Hahn pitched at Virginia Tech. He was drafted by the Tampa Bay Rays in the sixth round in 2010 and traded to the Padres this past January in a seven-player swap.

Hahn has one major league appearance on his résumé. He lasted only 3 2/3 innings and surrendered four runs against the Pittsburgh Pirates in a June 3 start.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf2:

Why isn't Andrew Brown in the lineup today??
CY should not start another game when Lagares & EY get back....

Oh yeah...and DUDA FUCKIN' SUCKS!!!

big surprise....lol
mets leave the bases loaded and come up empty yet again in the ongoing daily sad saga

Last edited by a moderator:

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahn has a nasty off speed curve ball he's using to baffle the mets hitters...and they aren't making the adjustments.

Mets have only mustered 1 measly hit in 5 innings.
(a Tejada infield dribbler leading off the bottom of the 1st inning)....lol

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hadn't realized Murphy was having a pretty good year thus far. I knew he was hitting for a good average, but the OBP is a bit higher than I though it would be. Murphy has his highest walk rate (8.5%) since his rookie year (11.9%, granted that was in only 151 PA). Currently rocking a 124 OPS+. They might be able to get a decent return for him.