• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sark gets drunk, drops F-bomb @ USC Donor Event

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sarks could be in denial, but I think if he had a problem with booze, Haden would have known and would have never hired him. I just don't know.
maybe he hid it from Haden.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we dont know is right. I dont think it's a firing offense, but in my opinion he's got some issues...Hopefully he can honestly look at this, learn from it and move forward.
Any inappropriate behavior can be a firing offense.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe he hid it from Haden.

that would be the strategy, if he does have a problem with alcohol. In fact, that would be done automatically, without him really even thinking about it (if he has a problem)

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, he said he will seek help. Then he said he didnt have a problem.

That's the little problem- cant get help if you dont think you got a problem. Makes me think the 'I'll seek help' thing is just PR, or else he's in denial.

He said that he doesn't think he has a problem, but will find out. A friend of mine who has been an addiction counselor for almost 20 years said that based on the little that he has seen and heard, if Sark has a problem, it is likely in the early stages. Him saying he doesn't think he has a problem, isn't really an issue at this point because he may not actually have a problem.

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Sark is a professional drinker, he will learn from his mistake. Pros are at work everyday, do a great job, and hide their shit from everybody and will screw up at the end. This behavior is consistent with rookie drinking habits

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really depressing how badly we got run out of the stadium against 51 players and Captain Hazelwood at the helm.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Sark is a professional drinker, he will learn from his mistake. Pros are at work everyday, do a great job, and hide their shit from everybody and will screw up at the end. This behavior is consistent with rookie drinking habits

good point

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sarks could be in denial, but I think if he had a problem with booze, Haden would have known and would have never hired him. I just don't know.
I've known many alcoholics in my day and most of them could hide it well enough that employers wouldn't have known.

We do know he brought drinking back to his offices after games/practices and it's coming out more and more how much drinking he did while here. I'm not saying that's a slam dunk that he has a problem, but he certainly could have one that Haden didn't know about, or at least didn't know it was this bad.

What he said is he will seek treatment and go through an assessment and see what they recommend. He doesn't feel they will find he needs rehab.

What are the odds we find out either way what their assessment is? It wouldn't be in the best interest of either he or USC for it to be known if he was found to have a serious issue. Whatever they do about it all will likely be done behind closed doors and they won't be forthcoming about it.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Sark! I'm drunker than he was and I've dropped the F bomb every where that I've been today. Mostly the bar. The bartender was a very tolerant.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said that he doesn't think he has a problem, but will find out. A friend of mine who has been an addiction counselor for almost 20 years said that based on the little that he has seen and heard, if Sark has a problem, it is likely in the early stages. Him saying he doesn't think he has a problem, isn't really an issue at this point because he may not actually have a problem.

I agree!

To really know if someone has a problem, you have to know how that person drink, how often, and how tgey react when drunk. Seeing someone have 1 drunk moment, doesn't tell us enough.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Sarkisian was reimbursed by Washington for hefty alcohol bills
Sark was reimbursed over $1k for alcohol at two separate events. Unknown how many people were at the first event, but it appears to have been a fair amount less than the second event which had 16 people including spouses. The bar bill for both was over $500.

These aren't isolated and it should be made clear they were considered valid reimbursements. Just another example of business as usual over drinks in the athletics programs.

That first bill in the article though, nearly no food compared to the second bill and still had 45 shots of tequila lol. Wonder how many f-bombs he dropped that night.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sark spoof acct.

But video is of the real Sark doing his punishment that team felt appropriate

lulz

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sark spoof acct.

But video is of the real Sark doing his punishment that team felt appropriate

lulz

He should be more embarrassed about that than getting wasted at a fundraiser...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should be more embarrassed about that than getting wasted at a fundraiser...

Damn. Those were some sorry up/downs. Maybe he's still hungover? I hope they made him run some gassers too.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Sarkisian was reimbursed by Washington for hefty alcohol bills
Sark was reimbursed over $1k for alcohol at two separate events. Unknown how many people were at the first event, but it appears to have been a fair amount less than the second event which had 16 people including spouses. The bar bill for both was over $500.

These aren't isolated and it should be made clear they were considered valid reimbursements. Just another example of business as usual over drinks in the athletics programs.

That first bill in the article though, nearly no food compared to the second bill and still had 45 shots of tequila lol. Wonder how many f-bombs he dropped that night.
Wiz, what does this prove? Some people like to party. Now I agree with you that there shouldn't be any alcohol in the locker room or coaches room. The article says the party was at a retreat for coaches and their spouses. What makes the difference how many "F-Bombs" he dropped that night? He was amongst coaches and their spouses.

Last edited:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiz, what does this prove? Some people like to party. Now I agree with you that there shouldn't be any alcohol in the locker room or coaches room. The article says the party was at a retreat for coaches and their spouses. What makes the difference how many "F-Bombs" he dropped that night? He was amongst coaches and their spouses.
I was clear to say it was allowed and was more or less just business as usual. I made no inference of any wrong doing or that it proved anything.

It was presented by our local paper as it appears they are digging more into his tenure here and his alcohol use while here. Because UW is a public institution those financial records are required to be public. Obviously someone at the Times went through all of his reimbursements looking for such things and that is what they found.

What does it prove? That so far in their digging this is all they came up with? :noidea:

Note that I haven't sunk to any depths in name calling since this story broke. And given that I don't respect or trust him and he's the head coach of the team I hate the most in the Pac, that's saying something.