• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Steve Sarkisian has done wonders for USC

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haden's job would be highly in jeopardy if he were to fire the guy he hired after 2 years. That looks really bad.

How can USC even think about moving on from their coach of 1.5 years? Who won 9 wins and compiled the #1 recruiting class. Currently filling in major depth holes around the roster.

UM Fire

The man, the myth, the legend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did at first. But in the UCLA game, he was badly out coached by Mora, which showed he just wasn't head coaching material.

Gotcha. On the bright side, if you give Sark the time to prove he's the right man for the job, and it turns out he's not, it would be about the right time for Tom Herman to move on from Houston.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can agree, but now you are giving him this year to get things going rather than 3.

If he gets USC heading in the right direction and you win out etc, no way you get rid of him. But if wins less this year than last, doesn't finish in the top25 etc. I think you are nuts if you don't make the switch.

If USC didn't want to for the show cause I can understand that. But if that's not the issue, I'd go for it. And I'm not even a Chip Kelly fan.

Well, things change, that's life. While ideally I'd like to see him get 4 years, sometimes it doesn't work out that way.

Getting a little ahead of ourselves in this thread anyway. Last I checked, Kelly was still coaching the Eagles.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, things change, that's life. While ideally I'd like to see him get 4 years, sometimes it doesn't work out that way.

Getting a little ahead of ourselves in this thread anyway. Last I checked, Kelly was still coaching the Eagles.
There should be nothing to get ahead of anyone. Sarkisian should be given the time he deserves and has proven he deserves. The only thing to look forward to in the near future for USC is Sarkisian on the sidelines.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haden's job would be highly in jeopardy if he were to fire the guy he hired after 2 years. That looks really bad.

What you're not getting is that Haden's job may already be in jeopardy. There are some powerful boosters that wanted him gone after Drunk Sark.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you're not getting is that Haden's job may already be in jeopardy. There are some powerful boosters that wanted him gone after Drunk Sark.
Pretty tasteless for a boss to fire their employee after he clearly has issues. Right now what Sarkisian needs to support and help.

Firing him would drive him straight into addiction depression.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,381.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he stays away from the booze.....

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you got a legit shot at Kelly and you keep Sark I think your AD might be a bit looney.

The only thing that gives me pause is Kelly had that show clause and with USC directly coming off sanctions - that might not be the best mix.
The HC of Texas, USC, and a few other very high profile programs have to kiss the ass of boosters more than probably any other job out there. Kelly doesn't roll like that.

There is zero chance he goes to either if/when he leaves the NFL.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could start another project at Maryland or VaTech.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty tasteless for a boss to fire their employee after he clearly has issues. Right now what Sarkisian needs to support and help.

Firing him would drive him straight into addiction depression.

Perhaps, but that's how things are in cfb. It's cut throat. Unfortunately for Sark, he gave USC all the reason they need to fire him.

USC has 7 games left. I think if we go 5-2, at least one of the wins is Notre Dame or UCLA and we win our bowl game, then Sark is probably safe, especially if the losses are close. Anything less would put his job in danger.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How can USC even think about moving on from their coach of 1.5 years? Who won 9 wins and compiled the #1 recruiting class. Currently filling in major depth holes around the roster.
Because SC is a team that holds tradition and nattys at a high level. Like Alabama,Oklahoma etc... If firing sark and bringing in someone like Chip Kelly gives them a better shot at winning a natty they'll pull the trigger and Haden will not have a problem. This isn't Oregon or a team looking for their first natty. Expectations are higher. Don't be surprised if Chip is in Cardinal and gold next season regardless of sarks record. There's only one measuring stone at SC

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because SC is a team that holds tradition and nattys at a high level. Like Alabama,Oklahoma etc... If firing sark and bringing in someone like Chip Kelly gives them a better shot at winning a natty they'll pull the trigger and Haden will not have a problem. This isn't Oregon or a team looking for their first natty. Expectations are higher. Don't be surprised if Chip is in Cardinal and gold next season regardless of sarks record. There's only one measuring stone at SC
USC was not winning titles left and right before Pete Carrol. In fact, Pete wasn't the most exciting coach for Trojan fans when he was hired and his first season he was .500....

It had been decades before Pete arrived USC even won their last title.

Pete arrived, and put together great teams, but looking back apparently those titles were fraudulent.

So USC is comparing Sarkisian to an era of USC football that technically never happened?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,381.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know now I should have taken the Huskies and those 17 fuckin' points.

I was that close to doing it!!!!!!!!!!

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip Kelly is meant to go to USC... he is already a PAC-12 kinda guy... USC will be a good place for him.
the ignore function is one of the SportsHoopla's best features.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, enough with trying to name USC's next coach. Thread not about that. Thread about recognizing the accomplishments and potential of Sarkisian at USC.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC was not winning titles left and right before Pete Carrol. In fact, Pete wasn't the most exciting coach for Trojan fans when he was hired and his first season he was .500....

It had been decades before Pete arrived USC even won their last title.

Pete arrived, and put together great teams, but looking back apparently those titles were fraudulent.

So USC is comparing Sarkisian to an era of USC football that technically never happened?
Sark is no Carrol tho and Kelly is the better fit

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?!?
I am not saying I agree with what happened to USC from the NCAA. IMO, I think it was pure BS the treatment and punishment USC received. But technically that is the outcome.