• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson rides into Pittsburgh

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's gonna be lining up behind center for Denver now?
Denver’s in full rebuild mode now so either a rookie QB if they like any or a cheap vet to compete with Stidham(the guy who replaced Russ for the last 2 games and looked about as effective).

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver would rather pay Russ $39 million to not play for them, that’s how bad he was.

It’s a low risk signing for Pittsburgh, doesn’t make it good.
Denver is taking the biggest dead money hit in history because of one reason. That reason is theyre dumb af.

Nothing about his numbers from last year was “bad”.

He’s safely in the middle third of QBs in the league still. And now he won’t have a defense that gives up a 70 spot.

Pickett was a bottom 3-5 starter. This is a significant upgrade for Pittsburgh.

Dude is a dildo. But dollar for dollar, you can’t really make a better FA pickup.

Diamondeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the Russ Pittsburgh is getting in a nutshell. I spent the last 2 years defending him as any fan would have their team but he’s bad. And Steelers fans can argue “at least he‘s not Pickett or Rudolph bad” but that doesn’t mean he’s good.

Rudolph played really well, and had the respect of the team at the end of last season.

Rudolph simply would have cost the Steelers a lot more than Wilson in 2024.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could have earned more in the broadcast booth and he wouldn't get hurt. Maybe after a year out people would be more sympathetic towards him and his market would be better. I guess I can't fault someone for doing what they love for free.
Not really following.

You didn’t think he’d play?

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not unless he grew a couple inches and can finally see over the Offensive Line and hit wide open receivers.
You only need to see over the OL when you're throwing over the middle

we-dont-do-that-here-black-panther.gif

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he had a 26/8 TD ratio.

That's pretty good. Not just compared to the shit the Steelers put up the last few years. But compared to the league.

There is no downside at all. Signed the guy for basically free. No risk, all reward. Signing him isn't blocking some better QB who might be a long-term solution either.

Last edited:

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good move for Pittsburgh. 35-year old Wilson had 26 TDs/8 Ints. PIT only had 13 receiving TDs last year. Will fit in well with Harris and Warren with 1,800 yards rushing, Pickens and Johnson, 1,800 yards receiving. They'll do better than 10-7 this year, like 13-4. Will be an exciting team.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really following.

You didn’t think he’d play?
For vet minimum? No, I didn't think he'd play. It doesn't make business sense to me. He could earn more than vet minimum off the field. If the Steelers are guaranteeing him money in 2025 that he won't have to play for - IE delayed payment for 2024 to get around the offset, or a genuine 2 year deal where 90% of the money is in the 2nd year - yes, I thought he'd do that. Then again Wilson and the Broncos falling out to the extent that both of them get screwed in this situation doesn't make sense either. Wilson could have agreed to a lesser 2025 guarantee, (maybe $9M). That could have kept him in Denver as a starter with more 2025 money as a pay off than he's going to get from the Steelers in 2024. It's a ego-fuelled mess.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers Nation....Lets build

its hard to gauge the success of this signing lets not forget Denver before RW arrived had a great defense, run game, and receiving group. We all thought RW needed a stronger head coach well Sean Payton was a strong coach and that didn't work. I will say Mike Tomlin is more of a players coach but most definitely he is not the type to play into RWs celebrity. Also the Steelers needed to make a move like this because they can't go into the season with their divisional opponents being LJ and the Ravens, JB and the Bengals, DW and the Browns whom made the playoffs without him and Chubb also they just traded for Jerry Jeudy.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he had a 26/8 TD ratio.

That's pretty good. Not just compared to the shit the Steelers put up the last few years. But compared to the league.

There is no downside at all. Signed the guy for basically free. No risk, all reward. Signing him isn't blocking some better QB who might be a long-term solution either.
Denver fans are kinda of butthurt. They should be more pissed with Payton who clearly held a grudge with RW the moment he was hired with the Broncos.

Arthur Smith revived Tanneyhill's career when they were both with the Titans.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For vet minimum? No, I didn't think he'd play. It doesn't make business sense to me. He could earn more than vet minimum off the field. If the Steelers are guaranteeing him money in 2025 that he won't have to play for - IE delayed payment for 2024 to get around the offset, or a genuine 2 year deal where 90% of the money is in the 2nd year - yes, I thought he'd do that. Then again Wilson and the Broncos falling out to the extent that both of them get screwed in this situation doesn't make sense either. Wilson could have agreed to a lesser 2025 guarantee, (maybe $9M). That could have kept him in Denver as a starter with more 2025 money as a pay off than he's going to get from the Steelers in 2024. It's a ego-fuelled mess.
He’s playing for a real team now.

For the same money.

He wins.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How stupid is the pro bowl, only 6 quarterbacks in NFL history have more pro bowl appearances than Wilson

Reactions: DJ

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s still going to earn what he signed for with Denver.

He loses nothing signing for peanuts.

This was a gift for Pittsburgh.
Steelers fuck themselves chasing an old washed up turd and it's hilarious.