• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How long until the Steelers give up on Russell Wilson, and turn to the future with Justin Fields

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe the SportsHoopla hasn't jumped on this trade yet?
:pound:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First to say week 1!

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when Brady left the Patriots? Yeah, it's gonna be like that for a while. You won't suck quite enough to make any progress in the draft.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields isn’t capable of being a franchise QB, he’s a glorified RB. But that won’t stop the Steelers fans from clamoring for him the minute Russ struggles/has a bad game - so I could see a QB controversy happening. But unless Russ is just a disaster I don’t see him getting benched for Fields. Fields will never be a franchise QB, the Steelers will be looking for a new QB in a couple of years.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers are literally the worst team Russ could have ended up with.

Poor OL.
Poor receiving options.
Pedestrian run game.

This is literally probably the worst talent he has ever played with on an offense in his entire career. And its not like some of those early Seattle offenses were ever confused with the greatest show on turf.

It wont be long until Fields gets his shot. And he actually is probably a better option because he is used to playing with all those things.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers are literally the worst team Russ could have ended up with.

Poor OL.
Poor receiving options.
Pedestrian run game.

This is literally probably the worst talent he has ever played with on an offense in his entire career. And its not like some of those early Seattle offenses were ever confused with the greatest show on turf.

It wont be long until Fields gets his shot. And he actually is probably a better option because he is used to playing with all those things.
I agree that the Steelers are not a good fit for Russ - their O-Line is really shaky and I could see Russ getting beat up with subpar protection, and Pickens is basically their only strong receiver. I do think their rushing game is decent with Harris/Warren but the Steelers are not a great offensive team. But Fields isn’t the answer, he just isn’t capable of being a franchise QB - not a good passer at all.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that the Steelers are not a good fit for Russ - their O-Line is really shaky and I could see Russ getting beat up with subpar protection, and Pickens is basically their only strong receiver. I do think their rushing game is decent with Harris/Warren but the Steelers are not a great offensive team. But Fields isn’t the answer, he just isn’t capable of being a franchise QB - not a good passer at all.

Yeah he isnt a franchise QB.

But he still is probably a starter in this league. Smartest kid on the short bus if you will. Yeah next season I fully expect the Steelers to head into the offseason where they want to upgrade the QB position. But Fields even next offseason and for offseasons to come will likely find a landing spot and start some games. He is going to be the next Marcus Mariotta. A guy that teams sign when they want to draft a QB and need a rickety bridge to cover 4-8 games.

The Bears scored more points and had more yards than the Steelers last year. Its not a big bar that Fields has to get over to make the Steelers a better offense than what they have been for the last couple of seasons.