• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Running List- Cutdown to 53

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Running List

1. Jamar Johnson, S
2. Travis Fulgham, WR, (Claimed by Packers)
3. Rodney Williams, TE
4. Max Borghi, RB (signed by Steelers)
5. Kaden Davis, WR
-------------------------------------------------------------
6. Marquiss Spencer, DL
7. Joe Schobert, LB
8. Stevie Scott, RB
9. Trey Quinn, WR
10. Casey Tucker, OL (likely going to IR until healthy)
11. Barrington Wade, LB

PUP
----------
Tom Compton, OL

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect Malik Reed and possibly Seth Williams may be moved for picks. Reed should have a number of buyers and Williams might be worth a pick if the team that wants him (Cowboys) is afraid they will lose him on waivers to another team.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two others who may be traded for picks based on the platforms the Broncos seem to want to showcase them are Albert O and Brett Rypian. The Broncos are likely to keep 3 QBs on the 53 man roster - Rypian has made major strides in arm strength, but I don't see him being a better back than Josh. There has to be a reason why Albert O played so deep into the 4th Quarter in the last excuse for a preseason game.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be shocked if Albert is traded. Dulcich has been hurt. Who else would be starting at TE over Albert?
Little odd he was in there in the 4th. He needs reps but he is a 3rd year guy with an injury history. I will say it surprised me.

Gonna guess maybe he doesn’t play this weekend so had him in there longer last week like we did Browning week 1? (Shrug)

Unlike Browning, Albert wasn’t learning a new position though.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like a lot of teams need OL help. Not exactly like we have the depth that we do at WR, but for the right return I could see us trading Glasgow to someone like The 49ers.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like a lot of teams need OL help. Not exactly like we have the depth that we do at WR, but for the right return I could see us trading Glasgow to someone like The 49ers.

I actually had someone ask me this the other day. Problem is Glasgow hasn't exactly looked great so far this preseason to make teams take notice of him.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually had someone ask me this the other day. Problem is Glasgow hasn't exactly looked great so far this preseason to make teams take notice of him.
There isn’t a lot out there to get too choosy about. Glasgow has experience and versatility going for him which is why I mentioned him. With the Muti injury, I think it’s less likely now that we have less depth. Any word on how long he might be out?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There isn’t a lot out there to get too choosy about. Glasgow has experience and versatility going for him which is why I mentioned him. With the Muti injury, I think it’s less likely now that we have less depth. Any word on how long he might be out?

The last update I saw from Hackett was that he would be out for 3-4 weeks but that was 2 weeks ago. Some are optimistic he could be healthy for week 1 if needed.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No doubt. Glasgow while he isn't what we thought he is when we signed him he would have a lot of interest beings he took a paycut to reduce his contract and he is an experienced OL. He is a stop gap at this point but there should be a lot of interest if we did want to shop him.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt. Glasgow while he isn't what we thought he is when we signed him he would have a lot of interest beings he took a paycut to reduce his contract and he is an experienced OL. He is a stop gap at this point but there should be a lot of interest if we did want to shop him.

At this point I would love to see them keep Glasgow. No one has more experience on the interior at multiple positions. Not a great starter at this point in his career, but at least you know he will know his job. Also like having that veteran for the young guys to lean on for advice.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I would love to see them keep Glasgow. No one has more experience on the interior at multiple positions. Not a great starter at this point in his career, but at least you know he will know his job. Also like having that veteran for the young guys to lean on for advice.

Agree Carl- I don't think the return for Glasgow will be good enough to not use him as a luxury player to have on our roster.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id keep Glasgow as the swing CG and Anderson as the swing T. muti is the guy they may try to play waiver games with

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id keep Glasgow as the swing CG and Anderson as the swing T. muti is the guy they may try to play waiver games with
I'm betting Muti goes to short term IR. Kick the can down the road a month.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem with short term IR is you still have to cut down to 53 before you put those guys on short term. So it doesn't really take away the risk of losing others on waivers.

Now, we could do some fancy stuff such as keep the extra WR/OL cut a guy like Saubert then bring back Saubert who is less likely to get claimed after we place someone on short term IR.

I think most likely headed to short term IR is probably Ojemudia, Tyrie Cleveland possibly Brandon Johnson now with the high ankle sprain. But we still have to be careful who we cut at the deadline and use our best judgement with projecting players we can re-sign (guys we don't think will be claimed off waivers) since we can't place players on short term IR until after our initial 53 it gets tricky.

I am going to guess Kendall Hinton gets released as he is most likely to go unclaimed of our WR's. Jalen Virgil and Seth Williams have the speed/size combination that is going to be intriguing teams after both had a strong camp and PS. Hinton while we like him and he has earned a spot on the 53 is probably a little less appealing to other teams scanning the waiver wire. The good thing for us is there will be other good WR's placed on waivers so hopefully that sways some teams towards some more proven WR's on the wire. Hard to say. I really feel like if we release Seth or Virgil they will be claimed though.

The other option is initially releasing Tyrie Cleveland. Not a lot of film on him so less likely to be claimed by another team. We could then start him on PS until he is healthy and then sign him back to active roster for his special teams play. (This is if we don't put him on short term IR) The problem with this is if we put him on short term again we have to release someone first and then after waivers claims expire place Cleveland on the short term IR so we may not want to risk that and feel we can stash Cleveland on the PS easier then the others and this way he doesn't have to miss the first 4 weeks of the season we can sign him back soon after. I am starting to think this is what we may do with Hinton and Cleveland just based off most likely to be claimed off waivers are Virgil and Seth.

Remember, last year if you placed a player on short term IR they missed 3 weeks. This year they miss 4. So something to consider with guys like Tyrie Cleveland/Muti etc who may be healthy.

I bet our team right now is brainstorming the easiest way to do this while getting all these guys to stick around Denver. There are some options here but all of them involve some risk. You are going to risk losing someone and at the end of the day.. We want them all.

Also, remember our core of WR's are all pretty young and guys like Patrick and Sutton are locked up so if we do get a trade offer we may take it knowing we may not have starting spots open for awhile barring injury so maybe we think about these guys and their opportunity to succeed in the NFL.

The WR situation gives me a headache thinking about it I am interested to see how Hackett and staff handle it. It is a great situation to have and can't really expect them to find a way to keep all of these guys rostered in some fashion. But I think there are some better ways then not.

I think you can use a guy like Saubert as a less risky option to release as oppose to one of the WR's to set the initial 53 man roster and then bring him back after we find some room by placing others on short term. That isn't to say we keep one less TE and keep a large unusual # of WR's which at this point won't surprise me. However, I do think Saubert is a perfect candidate to be release initially and re-signed within the 24 hours after we free up the short term spots.

I am thinking too much! Happy Sunday!

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. Im ok with trading a guy like Williams or Virgil, I just hate cutting them.

I'd be banging the table to cut all but 2 TE's, QB, and try to trade a few other guys.

We haven't mentioned it as much, but OLB'er is ridiculously deep too.

It sucks to think Reed, Cooper, etc. might not be here this season. Hell, maybe even Chubb.