• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Running List- Cutdown to 53

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Running List

1. Jamar Johnson, S
2. Travis Fulgham, WR, (Claimed by Packers)
3. Rodney Williams, TE
4. Max Borghi, RB
5. Kaden Davis, WR
-------------------------------------------------------------

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Running List

1. Jamar Johnson, S
3. Rodney Williams, TE
4. Max Borghi, RB (signed w/ Steelers)
5. Kaden Davis, WR

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Running List

1. Jamar Johnson, S
3. Rodney Williams, TE
4. Max Borghi, RB
5. Kaden Davis, WR

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Running List

1. Jamar Johnson, S
3. Rodney Williams, TE
4. Max Borghi, RB
5. Kaden Davis, WR
6. Marquiss Spencer, DL

Spencer was waived/injured which means he could go to our IR once he clears waivers... In which he wouldn't likely be on their long as we would release him off IR when healthy. If we don't place him on IR and then waive him when healthy he would be eligible to sign to our PS (Not saying we will but eligible)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We claimed Nebraska RB Devine Ozigbo From the Saints.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy countdown to 80.

Tom Compton is going to remain on the PUP it sounds like.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Running List

1. Jamar Johnson, S
3. Rodney Williams, TE
4. Max Borghi, RB (signed by Steelers)
5. Kaden Davis, WR
6. Marquiss Spencer, DL
7. Joe Schobert, LB
8. Stevie Scott, RB
9. Trey Quinn, WR
10. Casey Tucker, OL (likely going to IR until healthy)
Tom Compton to active PUP

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Quinn was Sutton’s sidekick @SMU, but did he show anything in pre-season? Maybe someone that could find their way back to the roster?

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised Shobert was cut that fast. Perhaps they think they can bring him back after the season. Maybe he is just shot though.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Quinn was Sutton’s sidekick @SMU, but did he show anything in pre-season? Maybe someone that could find their way back to the roster?

He could maybe eventually come back to the PS. Bad situation for him here right now with so many WR's playing well. Quinn has great hands and runs good routes just small and doesn't have blazing speed to stick out. I think he can play in the NFL but most likely bouncing around from PS to PS much like maybe River Cracraft so far. Good enough to be in the NFL but always going to be looking to be replaced because his measureables and upside aren't as appealing as the other guys. He gets open though. He isn't Wes Welker or anything like that but sorta under the same type of player just doesn't appear he will ever be able to settle into a team and gain some stability.

I knew watching Joe Schobet on Sat that he wasn't going to last here. He didn't get much time but I think we saw everything we needed to. He looked very slow. I guess he is always around the Denver area in a pinch but he looked done to me from watching him the other day. He wasn't very good in Pitt last year and looked worse in the game. Small sample size so not saying he is really as bad as he looked the other day but with Jonas Griffith likely missing 1 regular season and Singleton and Strnad out playing him he didn't make sense to stay around here. To top it off Barrington Wade was about the only player on D that played well on Sat so I would think that really was the final straw for Schobert. He was only here 5 days but seems we saw enough and weren't overally excited to sign him the first time we worked him out.

Stevie Scott was a decent college RB at Indiana... Just not a good enough RB to probably survive in the NFL. He had size to run people over and doesn't have speed to run around people and on Sat you could see him avoid contact trying to make people miss. He isn't going to be an NFL RB playing the way he was trying to play on Sat. His second stint with us as we also signed him last year after the Saints cut him after rookie OTA's and both stints have been short for him. Guessing his agent is close to the Broncos staff and when we signed him we really just needed a few RB's to eat some PS and camp carries with our injuries to Crockett and Gordon at that time.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised Shobert was cut that fast. Perhaps they think they can bring him back after the season. Maybe he is just shot though.
I 2nd this. Not being with a team all offseason probably hurt his conditioning level. But if he looked bad enough to be cut then I’d lean towards saying he just doesn’t have it anymore

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Running List

1. Jamar Johnson, S
3. Rodney Williams, TE
4. Max Borghi, RB (signed by Steelers)
5. Kaden Davis, WR
6. Marquiss Spencer, DL
7. Joe Schobert, LB
8. Stevie Scott, RB
9. Trey Quinn, WR
10. Casey Tucker, OL (likely going to IR until healthy)
11. Barrington Wade, LB
Tom Compton to active PUP

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think we store Cleveland and Ojemudia on short term IR to start the season. Although this year you have to miss 4 weeks instead of 3 weeks going on IR. Cleveland is probably set to come back about week 2 of the season and Ojemudia week 2 or 3 but good way to save some roster room to make cuts a little less harder because we all know someone will get hurt in the first 4 weeks anyway creating roster room for those guys to be back on the active roster. Sometimes you need to get creative with the way you work the roster.

If Jonathan Harris makes the initial 53 man this year something is dreadfully wrong. Maybe he is sleeping with someone. I don't know. He has had a TERRIBLE preseason. The hardest cuts will be the WR's and then probably the OLB position. I really want to see both Reed and Cooper here.

I guess this is a good thing but unlike most of the previous years we have some really tough cuts and we are going to have some players claimed after cuts.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really hope Turner-Yell sticks. I like his chances but he is still fighting.

@PumpFake I can't help but think of Ed Reed in a Broncos uniform when I see JR Reed out there running around in #20.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think we store Cleveland and Ojemudia on short term IR to start the season. Although this year you have to miss 4 weeks instead of 3 weeks going on IR. Cleveland is probably set to come back about week 2 of the season and Ojemudia week 2 or 3 but good way to save some roster room to make cuts a little less harder because we all know someone will get hurt in the first 4 weeks anyway creating roster room for those guys to be back on the active roster. Sometimes you need to get creative with the way you work the roster.

If Jonathan Harris makes the initial 53 man this year something is dreadfully wrong. Maybe he is sleeping with someone. I don't know. He has had a TERRIBLE preseason. The hardest cuts will be the WR's and then probably the OLB position. I really want to see both Reed and Cooper here.

I guess this is a good thing but unlike most of the previous years we have some really tough cuts and we are going to have some players claimed after cuts.
hard to tell what the current regime thinks of OJM. did not draft him have zero invested in him for a 3rd rnd pick in year 3.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really hope Turner-Yell sticks. I like his chances but he is still fighting.

@PumpFake I can't help but think of Ed Reed in a Broncos uniform when I see JR Reed out there running around in #20.
Intentional misspelling of Ed’s name?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hard to tell what the current regime thinks of OJM. did not draft him have zero invested in him for a 3rd rnd pick in year 3.

Right, that is natural in any coaching change.

But he is injured so he qualifies to go on short term IR to start the season and he has had a better camp then Faion Hicks who seems destined for the PS. He didn’t play so well last week so he has that going against him.

Could see OJ going on IR. Hicks to the PS and another CB signed to start the season.

OJ is sorta another classic example of an Elway pick taking 1-2 rounds too early. I know he was moving up as he has the size/speed and had a good pro day but to me watching him at Iowa he was a rd 5 guy taken in rd 3 based off measurements. Don't get me wrong I love the guy and loved that Denver took him as he use to supply me with Iowa gameday tickets and is a great guy but he was taken a tad too early, IMO but he does have upside and great physical tools to work with. At Iowa he was healthy with Denver he has not been.

Last edited: