• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Running backs DO matter

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty cheap? He's the highest paid RB in the league and he cost SF a 2, 3, 4 and the next year's 5. That's not anywhere close to cheap.
OK, pretty cheap RELATIVELY.

Will a 2, 3, 4 and next years 5 even get you a late first round pick? "The highest paid RB in the league" compares how to a QB?

Multiple people are saying he should be league MVP. This thread is saying he is not only the teams MVP, but also the reason they're in the position they're in.

Relative to that, 3 @ 36 and a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th is pretty cheap.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still wouldn’t pay them if I were a NFL GM. After their rookie contract, trade them. Getting rid of Swift was the best move that the Lions made this season.

I was nervous when they drafted Gibbs so highly, but it was a genius move. I imagine in 3-4 more seasons, they’ll likely do it again.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still wouldn’t pay them if I were a NFL GM. After their rookie contract, trade them. Getting rid of Swift was the best move that the Lions made this season.

I was nervous when they drafted Gibbs so highly, but it was a genius move. I imagine in 3-4 more seasons, they’ll likely do it again.
I'm still shaking my head at all the "experts" who gave the Lions poor grades over their last draft, some even giving them an F. I honestly thought it was a damn good draft on their part. Even tho Bijan Robinson was far and away considered the top RB in the draft and understandably so, I personally had Gibbs ranked higher. And look at their top four picks, all of them starters or at least significant contributors to their team's success this season.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gibbs fumble certainly didn't help

Niners probably lose the game if that fumble didn't happen. I sometimes think it's too harsh when a coach benches a RB after a fumble, but I get it. That kind of play is so huge.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to the point at hand, play calling, O-line and using the RB the right way matter more than the name on the jersey. Yes, a running game is important but 6 or 7 guys at any given time can give you the same production in the right offense. And even the one or two studs out there that are game changers are usually pretty used up fairly quickly. The ones that can compliment the passing games obviously give you more benefit. CMC is a valuable asset to have because he can do it all but at the time of the trade, the injury question marks were legit. San Fran was a good fit and he has stayed relatively healthy. It also helps that he gets to run predominantly behind the best LT, FB, and blocking TE in the league. I can think of at least 4 other backs that given they are healthy like CMC has been would give you very similar production from the position.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be annoyed if Purdy wins over McCaffrey. He just put up a historic year. 49ers have the best RB, the 2nd best TE, probably a top 5 WR group, and a decent OL, and runs a fairly conservative playbook with high percentage passing routes/schemes. A High School QB could run that offense.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be annoyed if Purdy wins over McCaffrey. He just put up a historic year. 49ers have the best RB, the 2nd best TE, probably a top 5 WR group, and a decent OL, and runs a fairly conservative playbook with high percentage passing routes/schemes. A High School QB could run that offense.
That's like saying any HS QB could run the offense in Detroit or Philly. All are just as wrong.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of RBs, where does the often injured Saquon Barkley end up playing this year?
I could see Barkley ending up right back in NY. I think that's a good fit for him, but will he want too much money? I think the NYG will be waiting on Barkley to see his market shakes out along with the other top RBs. Funny, but I could see him landing somewhere on a 1 year prove it deal where he can try and pump up his value (and show some durability).

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners probably lose the game if that fumble didn't happen. I sometimes think it's too harsh when a coach benches a RB after a fumble, but I get it. That kind of play is so huge.

That was the turning point in the game... Yet people only want to blame Campbell for going for it on 4th

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see Barkley ending up right back in NY. I think that's a good fit for him, but will he want too much money? I think the NYG will be waiting on Barkley to see his market shakes out along with the other top RBs. Funny, but I could see him landing somewhere on a 1 year prove it deal where he can try and pump up his value (and show some durability).

Titans (if Henry is gone), Texans and Bucs could be interesting fits.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was the turning point in the game... Yet people only want to blame Campbell for going for it on 4th

The 4th down call noticeably shifted the momentum. That fumble added to that momentum shift, sure.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Titans (if Henry is gone), Texans and Bucs could be interesting fits.
Good thoughts. He'd be a very interesting and effective choice for the Texans offense. He could play that CMC role there.

I think the Titans would overwork him and he'd be injured in no time.

He'd be a good choice to pair with the Bucs, but do they have the cap flexibility to resign Evans and Baker AND Barkley?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna be a lot of RB's on the FA market.

Pretty sure Jacobs is gone.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampa has White....I doubt they are looking at an older RB.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thoughts. He'd be a very interesting and effective choice for the Texans offense. He could play that CMC role there.

I think the Titans would overwork him and he'd be injured in no time.

He'd be a good choice to pair with the Bucs, but do they have the cap flexibility to resign Evans and Baker AND Barkley?

Bucs have $35M in cap space currently, so that could force some decisions.

Titans would have Spears to lighten the load for Barkley.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 4th down call noticeably shifted the momentum. That fumble added to that momentum shift, sure.

Fumble was most of an issue than 4th down imo

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna be a lot of RB's on the FA market.
Barkley, Jacobs, Henry, Ekeler, then the next tier of guys like Pollard, Swift, Moss, etc.

There will be plenty to choose from and with that many available, I think they're gonna be in for a shock when they see what teams are willing to pay for them.