• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Roy to the Warriors? Good? Bad?

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read about how Batum was not thrilled at his prior roles on the team. I understand it's their plan to give him a larger roll but when you've been told for years by the team to sit in the corner and shoot 3's it's hard to see them moving beyond that.

Also having a team coming in fresh and tell you exactly what they want and how they envision you producing on this team must be a great feeling. Can't fault him for agreeing to the offer sheet with Minny.

Absolutely. If only to get more money out of Portland. That isn't what I don't understand. I don't understand requesting a sign and trade to a team that is worse, in a worse city, with worse fans and the intention of making him a third or fourth scoring option. Talk all you want about Rubio's unselfishness, but him and Love are the faces of that franchise, and they need a three-point shooter that plays good D (sound familiar?). What happens when they finally land a decent 2-guard?

No more Gerald Wallace or Brandon Roy in Portland makes it much more likely that Batum can slash to the basket all he wants. He won't be getting in Aldridge's way, and if they land Hibbert, I'm sure Roy is used to Granger's style and can get out of Nic's way, too. To each their own, but I have to question the logic of a guy choosing to head to basketball purgatory (from a place where there is more love for their few professional athletes than anywhere else, Joel Pryzbilla is hero there for crying out loud!, need I even mention the unrelenting support for the Jail Blazer era?). Why not sign with the Dubs if you're gonna do that?! I kid, I kid. Harrison Barnes, baby!