• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Roster Moves Made

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see him back. Now I hope it is just to keep 8 d-men on the roster and not try to send Bortuzzo through waivers.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else hearing rumors about a possible Iginla deal?

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else hearing rumors about a possible Iginla deal?

Yea, there are rumors. But there have been rumors for the past 3-4 years about getting Iginla.

I don't see them doing that unless Malkin is out for an extended period of time.

I see them getting Vinny Prospal or Stephen Weiss.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beau Bennett sent back to WBS...... perplexing

JustAsking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Beau Bennett sent back to WBS...... perplexing

I'm interested in what tomorrow brings. In order for Geno to play, the roster needed to be trimmed by one to 23... Waiving a player does not get them off the roster until tomorrow... it was either Bennett or Despres, and I'm assuming Despres is needed more so than Bennett tonight...

I wonder if Bennett will be recalled tomorrow and Boychuck will be put on waivers?... I hope that is what happens....

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pens had Tom Kostopoulos in line to sign a two-way contract, but before he would be allowed to join the baby Pens in WB/S, he had to clear waivers...

He didn't clear waivers.

Devils claim veteran winger Tom Kostopoulos off waivers | NJ.com

Not really a big deal for the Pens as this guy was pure depth. I guess it shows more than anything that Jersey is desperate. They suffered a waiver claim loss in Bobby Butler earlier this week.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm interested in what tomorrow brings. In order for Geno to play, the roster needed to be trimmed by one to 23... Waiving a player does not get them off the roster until tomorrow... it was either Bennett or Despres, and I'm assuming Despres is needed more so than Bennett tonight...

I wonder if Bennett will be recalled tomorrow and Boychuck will be put on waivers?... I hope that is what happens....

You nailed it. Glad Boychuck is gone the thought initially sounded good but he just didn't fit. Interesting to see Nashville take on Boychuck and Butler. They must really be desperate for anything at wing.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a trade!

Pitt gets B. Morrow and a 3rd-round pick 2013 in exchange Dallas gets prospects Joe Morrow and a 5th-round pick 2013

Ray is making a trade to win a Cup with this kind of move.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steep price to pay for a rental, but Morrow was the the perfect fit.

Feel bad for Jefferey, cause he has played well, especially against Philly. It sucks that Glass is probably guaranteed a sweater every night when there are much more deserving players.

JustAsking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
First, and obvisouly, I have no idea how the Pens prospects porject, Shero and his staff have done a wonderful job assessing the Pens youth... with that said..

For a player like Morrow, very happy we did not give up a current roster player. I am assuming the 3rd we also got will be used very shortly in another trade. This one, may involve a roster player, perhaps DJ or TK plus that 3rd for a defenseman.

Me reading into this a bit... but I assume the asking proce for Ignila was way too steep for the Pens, and before a bidding war occurs for Morow, once Iglnila was traded, the Pens beat the 'war' by signing the '2nd best' forward rental. But this also drives up the price for Ignila now for the other teams in that war, which is good for the Pens. And also, it means Morrow has more time to learn the Pens system. All and all, a good time to make a move, and to not lose a roster player and to potentially use the pick in another trade.

(2nd best rental?, prob not, but for the lpyoffs he should bring grit, leadership, some skill, and hunger)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Shero's game plan has always been to draft puck-moving defensemen, develop them as much as possible, then trade them for what he needs. It's a great plan.

Joe Morrow might turn out to be an all-star defenseman. But the Pens have a half-dozen defensemen that are between him and the NHL level in their organization. Hell, kids like Despres and Bortuzzo (and the departed Strait) are barely getting ice time because of the log jam.

All that babbling aside.. I like the trade. I think our new Morrow will be hungry and rejuvenated.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Real_ESPNLeBrun 1m
Am told the Pittsburgh Penguins have acquired Douglas Murray from the San Jose Sharks trade call still pending

More moves by Shero, although this one isn't a definite, yet

edit/
@Real_ESPNLeBrun just got off phone with Murray. Says Sharks are a first-class organization and he's going miss them. But really, really excited to join Pitt

Done Deal, no word on the return, just yet

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@SunGarrioch The Sharks got two second round picks but the second pick is conditional if Murray doesn't re-sign with Pens.

I like this a little more, now. If Murray won't re-up in the off-season, they only owe one 2nd Rd. pick to San Jose.

This move makes Engelland's spot in the lineup every night very hard to see continuing

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta start making some roster moves, too many guys on the roster.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta start making some roster moves, too many guys on the roster.

I heard Rob Rossi say yesterday after the Morrow trade that the Pens had 46 men on the 50 man overall roster. So, they won't have to trim from that.

The 23 man roster is going to need to lose someone, or two..

Stay tuned

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, the 23 man. I hope they don't use this to justify sending Despres and Bennett down so they can play Kennedy, Glass, and Engelland.

Start unloading some of the low tier guys for picks if possible.