• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ronda Rousey Talk

Tomas Tatar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Is she really that great or does she just look great because there is really no competition in the women's circuit? Obviously she's the best in her class. So are the other fighters she goes up against also really good and she's just phenomenal or are they not that great and it makes her look much better than she really is?

A. She IS that great. Take her out of it and you see Cat Zingano with the strap defending against Meisha Tate and others for the title. Those would be contested fights.

2. Could she compete with men of a similar or slightly smaller weight class? DNA dictates that guys are inherently stronger than females, so the thought is that men of a similar weight class would destroy her...though I don't know many guys that are in the 130 or so weight class.

A. I like to think of it as admiring what our American women can do, and appreciate them for their talents. Let's stay out of the women's sports as participants.

3. Could she kick your ass? I weigh in at around 200 and am reasonably fit, so I have 70 lbs on her and I'm pretty sure she would annihilate me in about the same amount of time it takes her to dispatch of her fighting competition. I'm not MMA trained or anything tho, so that could make a difference I suppose.

A. She would kick your ass and mine at the same time probably. I'm 6-3 and 225. I'm tappin' before she dislocates my elbow. F that noise.

I like to think of Ronda Rousey as a Matt Hughes type when he was dominating in the mid UFCs (PPVs). He was the man, and very very dominant. He was fighting guys like Joe Riggs and Sean Sherk. Good in certain areas, not great anywhere. With her striking developing, maybe a first champion run Georges St. Pierre.

Skill wise, I don't think she's more skilled anywhere other than judo than most guys. Her striking looks wild, chin up in the air, robotic at times. Kind of like the heavyweight division where strength and athletic ability can go far.

I've rolled and been dominated by 135 lb guys. Rousey's judo slams me, and she breaks my arm.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Is she really that great or does she just look great because there is really no competition in the women's circuit? Obviously she's the best in her class. So are the other fighters she goes up against also really good and she's just phenomenal or are they not that great and it makes her look much better than she really is?

- She is really that great. The way she changed styles in that last fight convinced me that she is awesome. Also, the way she dealt with distractions and outside interests. She was focused for the fight.

2. Could she compete with men of a similar or slightly smaller weight class? DNA dictates that guys are inherently stronger than females, so the thought is that men of a similar weight class would destroy her...though I don't know many guys that are in the 130 or so weight class.

- Could she win a fight, maybe .... could she compete no!!

3. Could she kick your ass? I weigh in at around 200 and am reasonably fit, so I have 70 lbs on her and I'm pretty sure she would annihilate me in about the same amount of time it takes her to dispatch of her fighting competition. I'm not MMA trained or anything tho, so that could make a difference I suppose.

- I am trained, but old and out of shape. I would give her a 97.5% chance of kicking my ass. 2.5% I get lucky with a good strike (I am being kind to myself)

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think she is very good, and great for the sport, but also a bit overrated because of her marketability. Don't get me wrong, she's one of the top champions in UFC, if for no other reason than how dominant she's been, but at the end of the day the women's divisions aren't as well established or refined.

Think about the gauntlet a lightweight has to run to even enter discussions for deserving a title shot. Then think about who Ronda has beaten, and what they had to do to get a title shot. It's not even remotely comparable. Looking at women's bantamweight, Meisha Tate is really the only other fighter that's on par with a top 15 fighter in any male weight class (except maybe Welterweight, which I think is fairly mediocre right now)...

Facing that tough competition is part of what grooms the top male fighters, and that just doesn't exist in the women's game yet. I think it can get there, but it will take time. Just like it did with men's divisions.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ronda running her mouth about what she would do in a Mayweather fight has me laughing as this would be a re-run of a fight that took place back in the late 60's out of the New York Athletic club where some ditz (can remember her name) took on a 6'4, 240lb no holds barred match in Madison Square Garden to prove that women are equals when the women's (bowel) movement was getting started. She was 5'8 and weighed 160lb. It lasted all of 15 seconds and the lady had to be revived at the hospital after the dude (can't remember his name either) used a round house kick to send her into oblivion. Mayweather doesn't have much MMA training but his speed and power would send Miss trailer trash to the same fate. Stick to what you're good at Ronda and shut your frikin' piehole before you wake up in the hospital.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The sight of her sickens me.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2) I'd have to know her punching force to know how she'd hold up for sure. But given her judo skills, I think she could hold her own against male fighters of her weight class and below. I'm not saying she'd win, but it won't be so one sided.

Dude. Demetrious Johnson would beat Rousey like she stole his bike. Would not even be close.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I consider myself a liberal guy and very progressive. But I just can't get into watching women bash each other. It just ain't right man...

This. I'll also raise you, it's my opinion that anyone that is attracted to Rousey is gay whether they know it or not.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ronda Rousey suspended 6 months by UFC because of head injury

Apparently they asked her to take a CT Scan and she refused. No doubt she wants to go home and have it done in the States.

Apparently, Joanna Jedrzejczyk is also suspended because she fought with a broken hand.

Are fighters supposed to say their hand is broken and quit?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How incredibly pathetic. I hope she gets knocked the fuck out again.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She cried on Ellen too. Might just be better off saving her face and sticking to the movies.

I took it as when she realized where she was right in the ring, but maybe it was more while her jaw was wired shut..

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She cried on Ellen too. Might just be better off saving her face and sticking to the movies.

I took it as when she realized where she was right in the ring, but maybe it was more while her jaw was wired shut..
She must have a low sense of self worth if winning fights is what she needs to boost her ego.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ronda running her mouth about what she would do in a Mayweather fight has me laughing as this would be a re-run of a fight that took place back in the late 60's out of the New York Athletic club where some ditz (can remember her name) took on a 6'4, 240lb no holds barred match in Madison Square Garden to prove that women are equals when the women's (bowel) movement was getting started. She was 5'8 and weighed 160lb. It lasted all of 15 seconds and the lady had to be revived at the hospital after the dude (can't remember his name either) used a round house kick to send her into oblivion. Mayweather doesn't have much MMA training but his speed and power would send Miss trailer trash to the same fate. Stick to what you're good at Ronda and shut your frikin' piehole before you wake up in the hospital.
Andy Kaufman...

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ronda believed her own hype. So many vultures surrounding her telling her how great she is and how she will never be beat and the bitch ate it all up!

I mentioned this before the Rousey/Holm fight about what I saw in Ronda's fight against Correia. Watch her commit to combos that left her exposed and look at what Correia was able to land on Rouseys face before Rousey knocked her down. Its that type of "bulldog" shit that will get you knocked out by an experienced fighter. Meisha Tate used to put her head down and swing in all of her fights until she got sick of getting KOed. If Correia would had squared up for just 1 of those punches she landed, that fight could had ended very differently.

I guarantee this is what Holm saw and why she used the left jab to pick Ronda apart. Ronda over-commits(leaving herself wide open to counters) and usually over powers her opponents but all it took was a real fighter that wasn't scared of her to beat her.

I hope Tate beats Holm, Rousey beats Tate and then Holm beats Rousey again and takes her belt for a 2nd time.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason Holly picked Ronda apart was because Ronda chose to chase her all over the octagon. Holm was just catching her in stride with her hands down. If Ronda chooses to chase again and it lasts more than 30 seconds, the same thing will happen. That was the whole mistake, knowing you are the champ, but being the one chasing like the opponent.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If RR fights HH in her next fight, it will be her last fight. She has too fragile of an ego to take the second loss in stride so soon after her first.

With all that said, she is fake as shit. She has always been fake as shit. This little crying barb & "admission" is just an attempt by her to stem the tide of criticism about her. She is looking for sympathy.

The best thing that can happen for RR, is that Tate beats HH for the title. Then that leaves RR in line to fight & beat Tate again while she gains another year in time before she has to face HH in a rematch.