• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rodgers to meet with the Jets

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see the fuck you part, but I also see zero chance of Rodgers walking away from $60mil. Yeah, he's already rich, but $60mil is a lot of $$$ to leave on the table just for principle's sake.
Rodgers would play for zero dollars if he could get a chance to prove how stupid the Packers have been for the last 5 years with trying to replace him, trying to force the run, and not grabbing one of the 15-20 young pass catchers that came into the league during that time frame to upgrade the passing game.

Just my opinion, but think he's looking forward to proving the Packers wrong just like Brady did to the Patriots. That's why he's asking for enough receivers that they don't run out. Brady went to Evans/Godwin and an all out air attack in an Arians offense.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers would play for zero dollars if he could get a chance to prove how stupid the Packers have been for the last 5 years with trying to replace him, trying to force the run, and not grabbing one of the 15-20 young pass catchers that came into the league during that time frame to upgrade the passing game.

Do not think you know Rodgers very well if you think he would play for zero dollars.

Packers drafted Love 3 years ago, not 5.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he retired Rodgers wouldn't get $60M this year and the Packers wouldn't be on the hook for it. The future $24M dead money would accelerate into 2023 but the Packers wouldn't be accounting for the $16M money in 2024 that they currently are. Rodgers retiring would worsen the Packers 2023 cap by $8M and everything would then be clear. Rodgers retiring isn't a problem and playing for the Packers is only a small problem, (depending on personal perspective). Trading him is the problem. It's a problem because of the way his contract was structured.
you know better than me. All I know is early on in this saga it was said if he retired it would leave 99. something million of dead cap. I dont know how things escalate from retirement, vs. released or traded.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see the fuck you part, but I also see zero chance of Rodgers walking away from $60mil. Yeah, he's already rich, but $60mil is a lot of $$$ to leave on the table just for principle's sake.
I dont know. I originally thought as you do. Then he went on retreat to contemplate retirement. Came back with even more reasons to not play for the Packers. Of course, it could have been just all posturing. But the discussion is still valid.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know. I originally thought as you do. Then he went on retreat to contemplate retirement. Came back with even more reasons to not play for the Packers. Of course, it could have been just all posturing. But the discussion is still valid.

i honestly dont even see the Fuck you... if i were the packers... i wouldnt care what happens... they are in rebuild mode anyway... who cares if you cant afford other players because you are paying Rodgers so much.... all that means is that it will be easier to tank....

i dont see a situation that doesnt benefit the packers somehow....

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do not think you know Rodgers very well if you think he would play for zero dollars.

Packers drafted Love 3 years ago, not 5.
Yes, but they've been dumb for 5. Maybe longer.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's because you think losing is a solution.

i mean, do you really think the packers front office believes they are a playoff team?? if they did, they would not be getting rid of rodgers at all

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i honestly dont even see the Fuck you... if i were the packers... i wouldnt care what happens... they are in rebuild mode anyway... who cares if you cant afford other players because you are paying Rodgers so much.... all that means is that it will be easier to tank....

i dont see a situation that doesnt benefit the packers somehow....
well I get what you are saying, but if they were hit with a 99+ mil dead cap. They dont get under the cap they lose draft picks IIRC. Could be wrong :noidea:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well I get what you are saying, but if they were hit with a 99+ mil dead cap. They dont get under the cap they lose draft picks IIRC. Could be wrong :noidea:

but why wouldnt they get under the cap?? there is no reason not to... no matter what....

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean, do you really think the packers front office believes they are a playoff team?? if they did, they would not be getting rid of rodgers at all
It doesn't matter, but yes they do. Love was groomed to be the next franchise QB.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sauce Gardner is going to annoy the living hell out of Aaron. He’s going to follow Aaron around like a puppy and one day Aaron is going to snap on him. I can already see it based on Gardner’s Twitter antics and personality.

Best case scenario = Wildcard team that makes the divisional round.

Worst case scenario = last place, New York media and Aaron butting heads, toxic locker room, retired after one season

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sauce Gardner is going to annoy the living hell out of Aaron. He’s going to follow Aaron around like a puppy and one day Aaron is going to snap on him. I can already see it based on Gardner’s Twitter antics and personality.

Best case scenario = Wildcard team that makes the divisional round.

Worst case scenario = last place, New York media and Aaron butting heads, toxic locker room, retired after one season
Colin!!

how's the old gang?

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the packers wanted to stick a fork in Rodgers because they can’t or won’t trade him. Go through the off season and training camp and then sit Rodgers and start Love every game. Just because they would have to pay him does not mean they have to play him. If I’m the Jets I let the price come to me or just walk away and move forward. Rodgers has talent but at this point in his career having to put up with his shit is not worth the cost of admission.
Reminds me of the story of the beautiful woman that walks into the Ritz-Carlton Hotel lounge the men all give her a long look except the middle aged sales guy sitting at the bar. He looks at the bartender and says yes sir she is something but somewhere somebody is completely tired of putting up with her sh*t! Bartender replies I would take that chance. Sales guy says of course you would because you have not learned first hand that sometimes the beauty is not worth the sh*t you have to put up with.

JMO

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A darkness retreat…Jesus.

This guy has to be up there with top jackasses is sports history. Good Lord what his legacy would be if he hadn’t won that one Super Bowl.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A darkness retreat…Jesus.

This guy has to be up there with top jackasses is sports history. Good Lord what his legacy would be if he hadn’t won that one Super Bowl.
Meditation. Buddha did it longer. Don't make him come down here and kick your ass.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just my opinion, but think he's looking forward to proving the Packers wrong just like Brady did to the Patriots. That's why he's asking for enough receivers that they don't run out. Brady went to Evans/Godwin and an all out air attack in an Arians offense.

Eh, who knows. Wilson demanded more receivers and offensive lineman (which Seattle gave him - trading for Brown, drafting guys, drafted the bust Eskridge which was baffling to a lot of Seahawks fans given more pressing needs), and Seattle finally had enough and said good riddance and gave us two top 10 draft picks (one being top 5 thanks to Wilson's crap play)... lol. Rodgers is the biggest bitch boy in the league (talented for sure) and everyone knows it. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes to the Jets and is a colossal failure.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers is the biggest bitch boy in the league (talented for sure) and everyone knows it. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes to the Jets and is a colossal failure.
Only watching the games doesn't show that. Maybe he gets old quick, but he's a hard QB to play against. Always has been.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only watching the games doesn't show that. Maybe he gets old quick, but he's a hard QB to play against. Always has been.

True.. we'll see. He's still very talented as I said and can takeover a game.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Up until last season Rodgers has had weapons to move the ball and score points. Their problem was they couldn't put together a top defense to match the offense.