• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Richardson gets the nod to start game 1

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, this RB situation is really messy with no clear logical winner. Perhaps Richardson will be the guy but right now, we are going to be doing alot of passing to get points unless we can find a back from another club. I personally would love to see Hillis come here and have a comeback of sorts. We shall see.

demiurge

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather see Stacey develop. My point on Cunningham was that Stacey hasn't shown anything due to injury, and I think Pead is sloted to be the 3rd down back for the moment, where he's shown some value. Of course, not being in the practices all I have to go by is the preseason game film - perhaps Stacey has really shown something away from the cameras for the coaches.

Either way, I think we'll be OK, and if we aren't, I don't think it matters - we have NO cap space. Hillis wouldn't be a good fit here - he's a guy that needs a thrust and some holes and then finishes off runs with positive yardage. Our line isn't going to provide the initial impetus he needs.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So demiurge it looks like our next set of holes in the puzzle to address is offensive line AND running back because if we have cap issues, we are not going to solve the problem by continually signing high priced FAs while passing on less expensive younger blue-chip O-lineman in the draft.

For example, I watched D.J. Fluker with the Chargers this pass week-end. They moved him to Right tackle and he seldom let a player get by him and usually pancaked his man on the overwhelming majority of plays. Fluker went in the first round. I am not saying we could have selected him because of the players we did pick-up but Fisher's policy of not taking O-lineman in the first may cut off his own nose despite his face. And Fluker is a prime example. No O-line and a set of unfeatured backs and we will have no running game and become totally one dimensional. Not good.