• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Richardson gets the nod to start game 1

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised?

Story ~ Daryl Richardson tabbed as St. Louis Rams' starting running back to begin season - ESPN

I didn't think so....

The dude can do a lot of things without the football on the football field and he ain't too bad with it...

It looks like Pead will need to continue to be a value on ST. I see him getting his snaps on the offense though but becoming the Rams kick off return man will go a long way in securing his place in the Rams future if he continues to take a back seat to Daryl at RB this year.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't surprise me at all. Richardson has looked better all camp and preseason. I still think the Rams should trade Pead for an Olineman or LB'er we have plenty of RB's that can't get the job done, why have another?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a complete non-story. Pead is suspended for game 1 anyway, of course Richardson is the starter.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't want Pead to be that guy we have to give snaps because we took him late in the 2nd round and he got paid decent.

SHOULDN'T HAVE TAKEN HIM THE THE FLIPPIN 2ND!

DIPSHITS

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And watch out for RB's Lamar Miller and LaMichael James this year. BOTH were drafted past the 4th round in 2012 waaaaaay after Pead.

Knile Davis is now the #2 RB for the Chiefs and went undrafted after the 2013 draft.

DIPSHITS

And for another 2013 draft update: Ace Sanders is having a good camp in Jax and is competing for the slot position. At 5'7 180 and with good speed, he's going to be a great draft pick - early 4th.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richardson was a 7th rounder. He's pretty good. Jury is still out on Quick, at least he flashes at times. On Pead, he looks like he just doesn't have it.

You also have to remember 31 other teams passed on those players as well. There's no knowing, it's a crap shoot.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A total no-brainer, imo.

I wasn't huge on Richardson going into the season but no one else even properly stepped up to challenge him and he has played decently well.

Still worried about 3rd down.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew the Pead pick was a BIG reach and I knew Lamar Miller was a stud. Think about it like this... D Rich and Pead are about the exact same size. CJ2K size. Lamar Miller is 5'10 220 and is a 3 down back.

Seems to me you need more of a mix of RB's if you plan on losing Steven Jackson, not 2 guys right at 200 lbs.

THAT. Is a no-brainer

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pead was outstanding in college and had a great senior bowl. Running backs are a total crapshoot, imo

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a complete non-story. Pead is suspended for game 1 anyway, of course Richardson is the starter.
The fact that the RB position was announced as an open competition and we are just halfway though training camp and it's over makes this a story. It's not all about Richardson and Pead when Stacy, Reynold, Cunningham and Ganaway are in the fray.

I knew the Pead pick was a BIG reach and I knew Lamar Miller was a stud. Think about it like this... D Rich and Pead are about the exact same size. CJ2K size. Lamar Miller is 5'10 220 and is a 3 down back.

Seems to me you need more of a mix of RB's if you plan on losing Steven Jackson, not 2 guys right at 200 lbs.

THAT. Is a no-brainer
Speaking of Ganaway, there's that back you're looking for Junkie, he's 6'1" 240 lbs.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that the RB position was announced as an open competition and we are just halfway though training camp and it's over makes this a story. It's not all about Richardson and Pead when Stacy, Reynold, Cunningham and Ganaway are in the fray.

Speaking of Ganaway, there's that back you're looking for Junkie, he's 6'1" 240 lbs.

Ya if he ever gets on the field. For some reason two years running we haven't seen him in the preseason. I just don't get it. If he gets released and goes some where else and tears it up I'm gonna get pissed! :bawling:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya if he ever gets on the field. For some reason two years running we haven't seen him in the preseason. I just don't get it. If he gets released and goes some where else and tears it up I'm gonna get pissed! :bawling:
Last year he was a 6th round draft choice by the Jets and we picked him up on waivers after the season was over. This year I believe we saw him in the slot lined up as a receiver vs the Pack (May of been targeted on one play I am not sure but I do recall his named being called for one reason or another and I don't recall it being negative).

I do believe we will see a much different Rams offense once the season begins and using Ganaway at short and goal will be one of them. Just a guess on my part. As it is. we need work on specific base offensive plays in the red zone and 3rd and short is something we haven't seen a lot of so far this preseason. Also using Zac Stacy in these type of situations may be in the minds of our brain trust.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

End of discussion there...lol :10: for Shop. I actually saw some good things from Pead. I do think Richardson has been better thus far but I wouldn't be surprised if Pead is either starting or getting the majority of snaps by the end of the season.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ganaway was signed off waivers before Week 1 of last season. He was on our active roster for the whole season. He was rarely assigned to special teams and he got a few other snaps. He was the last choice RB who saw time at the end of the Packers game. If he's behind Stacy, Cunningham, and Reynolds and he can't contribute on special teams his future is bleak.

I'll be very surprised if Pead is on the field for a significant amount of snaps late in the year. If he is it'll be because of Richardson's unavailability and the team's inability to sign a decent free agent.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually saw some good things from Pead. I do think Richardson has been better thus far but I wouldn't be surprised if Pead is either starting or getting the majority of snaps by the end of the season.

Richardson: 4 carries 24 yards, 6ypc; 1 rec 20 yards.
Pead: 14 carries 27 yards, >2ypc; 1 rec 10 yards.

It's a small sample size and I like Pead's play without the ball especially picking up the block to give Sam time to get the deep ball to Givens in the first qtr of the Pack game but Daryl is outplaying him so far....

The Game vs Denver will be tell, tell IMO.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SJ76 if you're scenario was operative we could have picked the speedster you suggested and traded up this year to get Lacy who showed alot on Saturday night. Then we still could have selected Ogletree and the speedster small slot receiver that Austin is. The more I sit and watch this team develop, the more I beginning to see a few things about Snead. I am going to wait but there are musings afoot!

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richardson: 4 carries 24 yards, 6ypc; 1 rec 20 yards.
Pead: 14 carries 27 yards, >2ypc; 1 rec 10 yards.

It's a small sample size and I like Pead's play without the ball especially picking up the block to give Sam time to get the deep ball to Givens in the first qtr of the Pack game but Daryl is outplaying him so far....

The Game vs Denver will be tell, tell IMO.

I know I"m out on a limb there...lol

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think at this point Richardson is the likely starter, but I am hopeful the Rams mix things up and we see Pead and Austin, as well as a FB from time to time.

The Rams have the potential to have a dangerous Offense. I really believe it's up to Bradford to make things work. If the Rams struggle offensively this season then it's time to reconsider the QB position.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really believe it's up to Bradford to make things work. If the Rams struggle offensively this season then it's time to reconsider the QB position.
Maybe. We'll certainly need to bring in another QB to challenge him. None of the guys on the roster are going to do that now.

One telling sign is Fantasy Football. Our highest rated FF player is Tavon Austin in the mid 70s. The experts have no idea how the Rams are going to score Touchdowns this season.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The announcement was that Richardson is the starter for game 1. We've known that Pead is suspended for game 1 for a LONG time now. How is this news?

Sure, it implies that Richardson would be the starter beyond game 1, but there's no guarantees. Stacy could light it up this weekend and pass them all.