• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RGIII/Cousins

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach Jay Gruden confirmed Robert Griffin III (ankle) will be the Redskins' starting quarterback once he's cleared and "ready physically and mentally."

Big mistake on Gruden's part in my opinion. First, your throwing your current starter under the bus by publicly saying that you basically have no confidence in him. Seconds, RGIII just isn't going to be successful unless he's in an offense built around his legs.

I do find the addition if the word "mentally" at the end. IMHO, RGIII hasn't been mentally ready since he left Baylor

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As mediocre as I think RG3 is, I don't think Cousins is any better. After watching Cousins live & in person versus AZ, I don't think he is a starter in this league. He is more like a Drew Stanton backup QB. Good for shorts periods, but not someone who can lead a team long term.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big mistake on Gruden's part in my opinion. First, your throwing your current starter under the bus by publicly saying that you basically have no confidence in him. Seconds, RGIII just isn't going to be successful unless he's in an offense built around his legs.

I do find the addition if the word "mentally" at the end. IMHO, RGIII hasn't been mentally ready since he left Baylor

Gruden's mistake is in not building the offense around his two best players (RG3 and Alf, DJAX is pretty special too). He is not undermining Cousins' confidence at all, because cousins even said after his first start that RG3 was the starter and he was the back up. Gruden is merely confirming what we all new was coming now that Cousins is 0-4 in his starts with two games where he performed miserably in the 2nd half.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Declaring RGIII as the starter already is such a big coaching mistake.

You're trying to get the other guys on the team to rally behind this other guy right now.......not look ahead 6 weeks to when RGIII is ready.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gruden's mistake is in not building the offense around his two best players (RG3 and Alf, DJAX is pretty special too). He is not undermining Cousins' confidence at all, because cousins even said after his first start that RG3 was the starter and he was the back up. Gruden is merely confirming what we all new was coming now that Cousins is 0-4 in his starts with two games where he performed miserably in the 2nd half.

That's also true. . No idea why he forced that offense onto this team.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Declaring RGIII as the starter already is such a big coaching mistake.

You're trying to get the other guys on the team to rally behind this other guy right now.......not look ahead 6 weeks to when RGIII is ready.

I agree that it is unnecessary to say anything right now, but even if the Skins beat the Titans and Vikings heading into the bye with a likely Cowboys' loss, Cousins will have accomplished nothing but beating the bottom feeders. I doubt RG3 would have done better in the current system, but you can't bench the incumbent when the back up has a losing record.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So all week I keep hearing that RG3 is done in DC. (1) So where does he end up in 2015? Maybe STL or BUF? (2) And does the departure of RG3 mean that tlance changes his avi?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well.. was proven correct that RGIII wouldn't be able to run Gruden's offense. . But was just as incorrect that Cousins would be much better at it. .smh..

As to Joe's question, I think if he's outright cut, I would say Chip Kelly would welcome him with open arms in Philly. But I can't imagine Snyder dealing him intradivision.

I honestly can't think of anyone who has a system in place that would be a fit, who would also want to risk anything in a trade. The Jets should definitely kick the tires, as should the Rams, Bills, Texans, Cowboys (Romo ain't getting any younger), but all would have to completely revamp their offensive system to accommodate his strengths.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well.. was proven correct that RGIII wouldn't be able to run Gruden's offense. . But was just as incorrect that Cousins would be much better at it. .smh..

As to Joe's question, I think if he's outright cut, I would say Chip Kelly would welcome him with open arms in Philly. But I can't imagine Snyder dealing him intradivision.

I honestly can't think of anyone who has a system in place that would be a fit, who would also want to risk anything in a trade. The Jets should definitely kick the tires, as should the Rams, Bills, Texans, Cowboys (Romo ain't getting any younger), but all would have to completely revamp their offensive system to accommodate his strengths.

What strengths?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So all week I keep hearing that RG3 is done in DC. (1) So where does he end up in 2015? Maybe STL or BUF? (2) And does the departure of RG3 mean that tlance changes his avi?

I think he is done, and yes I will have to change my avi.

For RG3s sake, I hope he does not end up with the Jets. That would be going from bad to worse. I suppose a new coach could get them going in the right direction, but in order for RG3 to get what he needs, I think he would be best served playing for a team with an aging, but established starter so that he can learn as a back up for a little bit.

I have a feeling that the Skins might end up drafting Jameis, which is my biggest fear. I really hate that guy and I honestly don't know if I would be able to root for the Redskins if he were their QB.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he is done, and yes I will have to change my avi.

For RG3s sake, I hope he does not end up with the Jets. That would be going from bad to worse. I suppose a new coach could get them going in the right direction, but in order for RG3 to get what he needs, I think he would be best served playing for a team with an aging, but established starter so that he can learn as a back up for a little bit.

I have a feeling that the Skins might end up drafting Jameis, which is my biggest fear. I really hate that guy and I honestly don't know if I would be able to root for the Redskins if he were their QB.

Didn't you say something about bad to worse? ?

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wouldn't surprise me if RG3 winds up in KC. Smith could be the scapegoat, and Andy Reid did have success with a similar type QB in Vick.

How about Monk for your avi?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wouldn't surprise me if RG3 winds up in KC. Smith could be the scapegoat, and Andy Reid did have success with a similar type QB in Vick.

Good idea. May have to go old school.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not only would this surprise me, but it would surprise everyone else but you. No chance. None.