• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RG3 to Start Against Vikings

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually we havent WON a game where Griffin played a significant role in 361 days. So best chance for the team to win could be debated. But I do agree that the evaluation needs to continue. Because right now he is like a scratch off ticket showing two lucky charms and two spots left to scratch. He might be the big wiener, or he might just be another false hope. Either way we need to find out soon or this team will continue to circle the drain year after year.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually we havent WON a game where Griffin played a significant role in 361 days. So best chance for the team to win could be debated. But I do agree that the evaluation needs to continue. Because right now he is like a scratch off ticket showing two lucky charms and two spots left to scratch. He might be the big wiener, or he might just be another false hope. Either way we need to find out soon or this team will continue to circle the drain year after year.

Love that lottery ticket analogy.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree. Regardless of whatever any of his believe about RG3's ability now is the time to see what he can or can't do so that the team can plan accordingly moving forward. At this pt I don't believe that anyone believes that Cousins or McCoy is the answer for this team at QB. RG3 may also not be the answer, but that is a much more realistic possibility.

sublime4eva

Westcoast Redskin fan....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My God let's all hope for the best, alot of people are saying he should wait but maybe he'll stay healthy this time...such doom and gloom guys

sublime4eva

Westcoast Redskin fan....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota is 4th in pass defense, so don't expect miracles no matter who's QB but Morris does run better when Griffin is in so hopefully we have a good day running the ball and our defense steps up against there awful offense.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota is 4th in pass defense, so don't expect miracles no matter who's QB but Morris does run better when Griffin is in so hopefully we have a good day running the ball and our defense steps up against there awful offense.

So then its perfect and all set up for the triumphant return of the franchise QB. It doesnt matter if you have faith in RG3 or not, simple fact is without him the offense has put up atleast 14 points in every game. So the real question becomes, does the offense produce with him in the game. So either the offense puts up points, or the move will be dissected.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So then its perfect and all set up for the triumphant return of the franchise QB. It doesnt matter if you have faith in RG3 or not, simple fact is without him the offense has put up atleast 14 points in every game. So the real question becomes, does the offense produce with him in the game. So either the offense puts up points, or the move will be dissected.

14 points gets you beat most weeks. They just beat a Dallas team every expert had chubby's about and have 2 winnable games coming up to possibly get to 5-5 and this shit is all we talk about.twitter nonsense and who broke want story. :doh::gaah:

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Info coming out on tweets seem to indicate that the decision to start Griff is going to be predicated on how his thurs and Fri practices look as well as the 100% healthy situation.

So 2 things to be considered.

It was Dianna Russini who initially tweeted the news that Griff would start based on "sources" close to the team. Not Griffin for the record.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a coach - what do you expect him to say? In a different era none of us would know this info until much later in the week (if not game time). However - in the era of Twitter, etc this is simply a leak that was picked up on by the media. Enough already with the conspiracy theories. Let's see how RG3 does before jumping to any conclusions.

What I expect is a fully functioning organization, where leaks are in accord with everyone involved.

I expect him to say exactly what he's been saying all along, without his public statements being undercut by leaks coming from "sources within the organization."

I expect an organization that communicates top to bottom and speaks in one voice as to what is and is not for public consumption.

I expect reasoned well stated posts from adults on sites such as this, based on an ability to read and understand what is being conferred.......all without picking and choosing snippets from a post and running with that, out of context, of course.

I expect the words of the HC to match what's being said elsewhere.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is time for Griffin to play. This year was supposed to be about learning and evaluation. With only one game played it is impossible to say where he is at. The front office is heavily invested in Robert. It is time to find out if he is the shiny coin of 2012, the fragile player of the almost past two years or something else.

Agreed. WE need him to play the rest of this year. We have to commit to him, good or bad, for this season. We have got to find out if he is our long term answer. No matter if he stinks up the joint or not, we have to keep trotting him out there to see if he can improve. This season is basically lost anyway so now is the time. Oh, and we should be doing this for both Comptons, Minnifield, Lerebius, Phillip Thomas and the WR grant. Lets see what we have in our young guys.

Enough of this playing aging vets and still have a losing season. We need to get those guys out of there. Ryan Clark, sorry dude, its time you sat a bit. Merriweather, adios. Chester, Polumbus, Lavauo, Moss, you guys can all take a seat. This doesn't mean they don't play, just we start working in some youth for evaluation. Hell, look at what Breeland did.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gruden: if no setbacks, Griffin would start

Keim
Gruden said they've moved rg3 along at a good clip. Said progress he's made to put in with 1s. Intent prepare to be starter

Gruden said is if no setbacks griffin would start. Not final. " everything looks good so far"

Last edited by a moderator:

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I expect is a fully functioning organization, where leaks are in accord with everyone involved.

I expect him to say exactly what he's been saying all along, without his public statements being undercut by leaks coming from "sources within the organization."

I expect an organization that communicates top to bottom and speaks in one voice as to what is and is not for public consumption.

I expect reasoned well stated posts from adults on sites such as this, based on an ability to read and understand what is being conferred.......all without picking and choosing snippets from a post and running with that, out of context, of course.

I expect the words of the HC to match what's being said elsewhere.

Whatever dude - I didn't realize that you apparently impose a whole different set of rules for this site. I compress the comments since I don't want to reference parts that have nothing to do with my reply. If somehow that makes me a child in your mind - well - I could give a crap.

So somehow a team is capable of controlling every leak in the organization? Don't think so - they can try, but as I stated before leaks even happen at the highest level of govt. Oh well - like I said previously - let's do it your way - fire Gruden & Allen & somehow convince Snyder to sell the team (just after he changes the name). Have fun at the next R-word name change rally. Oh yeah - if the team wins on Sunday most of us will be celebrating while you complain & give your take on the latest conspiracy.

HTTR

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gruden: if no setbacks, Griffin would start

Keim
Gruden said they've moved rg3 along at a good clip. Said progress he's made to put in with 1s. Intent prepare to be starter

Gruden said is if no setbacks griffin would start. Not final. " everything looks good so far"

I would be 100% shocked if RG3 does not start on Sunday. Gruden is just spouting the official take & I would do the same thing if I were him. Go Skins.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever dude - I didn't realize that you apparently impose a whole different set of rules for this site. I compress the comments since I don't want to reference parts that have nothing to do with my reply. If somehow that makes me a child in your mind - well - I could give a crap.

So somehow a team is capable of controlling every leak in the organization? Don't think so - they can try, but as I stated before leaks even happen at the highest level of govt. Oh well - like I said previously - let's do it your way - fire Gruden & Allen & somehow convince Snyder to sell the team (just after he changes the name). Have fun at the next R-word name change rally. Oh yeah - if the team wins on Sunday most of us will be celebrating while you complain & give your take on the latest conspiracy.

HTTR

At no point did I call you a child, that is an invention generated by you. Let's truly get to your actual beef with me, and that is my position on the name change. I did and still support the idea that Bruce Allen should be kept as the contracts and cap guy. I also maintain that there must be a dedicated GM hired with the sole responsibility of upgrade, upgrade, upgrade! I have never said that Snyder should sell the team nor that Gruden be fired. So, where does that leave us? The name change, a point that seems to be stuck in your consciousness.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hbomb

Mobile Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,923.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hail to the Redskins!!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be 100% shocked if RG3 does not start on Sunday. Gruden is just spouting the official take & I would do the same thing if I were him. Go Skins.
So you would continue to say that the decision has not been made to start him despite confirmed sources within the organization stating otherwise? Gotcha!:doh:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
14 points gets you beat most weeks. They just beat a Dallas team every expert had chubby's about and have 2 winnable games coming up to possibly get to 5-5 and this shit is all we talk about.twitter nonsense and who broke want story. :doh::gaah:

Agreed 14 points does get you beat most weeks. However the last game he played in for the entire game, we only put up six, The last five games we played in with him as a starter last year, we averaged 15.6 points per game, which still gets you beat most sundays. My point being that we have actually scored more points without him in the lineup. But as you have said, we have two very winnable games coming up to get us to .500 So it sets up nicely for him to ride in and be the hero. Forget twitter, who broke what and what have you. IF this team again starts to falter in the points department, the questions will have to start flying.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you would continue to say that the decision has not been made to start him despite confirmed sources within the organization stating otherwise? Gotcha!:doh:

confirmed sources ? who ? give me a name in the organization that will put their name to it because where i come from a confirmed source has a name and last i check " people, and anonymous " arent names of anyone

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sty....ever heard the saying that when you are in a hole, stop digging? I'd suggest you stop, it's becoming a mockery.

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I heard that he was starting, this week, I admit I was surprised. I figured him to start against the Bucs after the bye week. Not to mention, Colt McCoy had a very good game, obviously. However, I believe he is healthy, which is why Jay Gruden toyed with the idea of letting him play against Dallas. I guess he figured he looked good enough, this week and deemed him ready. At this juncture, I'm looking forward to seeing him back. Who knows how his season would have gone, prior to him getting hurt in week two.

Let's get to the bottom line. This is our franchise QB. Not to mention, the best QB on this roster. We know what Kirk Cousins is. He has a lack of confidence and throws too many interceptions. Not to mention, never makes the passes that count i.e. 3rd down passes. Colt McCoy had six good quarters of football and though I like him, since his Texas days, let's not kid ourselves in thinking he is the guy. At this point, I believe he can be a really good backup. I know RGIII's rookie campaign seem like eons ago. Still, it is very possible that this guy can go back to being what justified him being picked 2nd overall, that year. The guy still can heap the ball. He can still run. Maybe, not as fast as before, but he can escape many defenders. He ran for 500+ yards, last year, despite still being hurt. This was the year that he was supposed to have his resurrection season, but once again, he got hurt.

I believe RGIII's health is what has gotten him in trouble in the first place. If this guy can only stay healthy and stay on the field, the rest will take care of itself. I have no doubts. Many people want to write him off and act is he is a bust and want him out. I am tired of starting over. We had Shuler, Ramsey, and Jason Campbell as first round draftees. Though it's not saying much, he's much better than those guys. I pray he can just stay on the field and earn his keep as a Skin. Next season will be the last year of his rookie deal. Hopefully, the injuries are behind him. His time is now.